5.0 out of 5 stars Pioneer DEH ROCKS!
I bought this car audio system for my husband for our first anniversary, because it's what he asked for---knowing ZIP about car stereo systems! I was happy to be able to find the features he wanted described clearly...so it made my shopping experience easy even though I didn't know what I was doing!
This stereo is exactly what he wanted and he was THRILLED at the...
Published on October 12, 2010 by daisyhunt1

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm done with Pioneer products.
Purchased this headunit to put in my Honda b/c the factory stereo did not have an AUX input which I really wanted for my MP3 player. My first impression when I opened the package was "wow, this wiring harness has the smallest wires I've ever seen". When I was stripping the wires to attach to the Honda wiring harness I thought I was going to break them just trying to strip...
Published on January 30, 2011 by A. Davis

‹ Previous | 1 2 336 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this UNIT!, March 2, 2011
This review is from: Pioneer DEH-1300MP CD Receiver with MP3/WMA Playback and Remote Control (Electronics)
At $65 ish, WHAT A VALUE... Credit card remote.. Every setting you need make your system crank and sound just the way you want it too... Easy to set up and customize. Nice bright display, and I love the red accents. The Harness is a tad cheap when it comes to the wire grade, but be gentle with it while wiring and installation and you'll be just fine.. Its more on the basic side when it comes to features, but it does what its supposed to do.... Great upgrade from stock.. can't beat it for the price... There is nothing else in this awesome price that comes close.... GET YOURS TODAY!

4.0 out of 5 stars I have nothing bad to say about this product. it works as expected. I have to have a radio in the car, and this does the trick., December 31, 2010
L. Tsonetokoy "ltsaysso" (sacramento, california United States) - See all my reviews
the stations come in clearly, and you can play cds or hook up you mp3 player. a great product for the money. I rearely give 5 stars....there's always room for improvement I guess...but I love it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Surprise! This is a piece of junk!, March 2, 2011
I bought this unit because it received good reviews and was dirt cheap. I saw one bad post about it shutting down randomly, but figured it was just a random bad unit -- all manufacturers have them occasionally and I like Pioneer products from my past. However, mine does the random power-off thing, too. I guess it's going back for replacement as well. I can't make it fail, so I am just giving up and going with a different manufacturer, rather than risk this happening again. I drive hours at a time commuting in late/early hours and need the music to help stay awake; it's important that I have a reliable unit. Quite disappointing from a brand I had the highest respect for.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great looks great, good price, January 30, 2012
Its tricky buying men electronics and stuff of that nature being a girl and all... because they always want something specific, have their favorite brands, want certain features, have to compete with their guy friends... somehow its always a risk for me when I do this..
well I bought this for my guy for christmas and he was elated.
he said the brand was good, was happy with the way it looked and was stoked it had the features he wanted it.
( he wanted to hook up his phone to it when he drives so he can play pandora on his car stereo which it does)
everything is easy to set up and install and easy to manage while you drive which is good for safety.

works great, looks great and the price is perfect. thank you! easy peasy.
wonderful.
everyone is happy.
you should buy it

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome stereo, January 20, 2012
ive had my old pioneer deh p4400 for awile now so i thought id finally uprage to to something a little more up to date,this stereo is great.the aux for ipod's,mp3's etc. has amazing quality(just get a good aux cable)
was very easy to connect,im 17 and ihad no problems hooking it up,and its extremely easy to use!it made the stock speakers from a 93 explorer sound awesome!it also made my subs sound clearer.the fact that it was only $47 made it that much more amazing.iwould definatley recomend this to anybody wether your a beginner in the car audio game or have been doing it for years.
-*Gone<--

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the money..., March 21, 2011
Pros: Great sound, channel separation, bass and treble control. Plenty of power to push factory speakers. Installed in Ranger and completely fills the cab with undistorted sound.
Cons: Faceplate seems a little cheap, may or may not hold up, we will see. Button channel selector, would much prefer a knob.

Be sure to buy the accessory kit and wiring harness separately. You will need these and with the Ranger it fits perfectly and looks great.

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Bang For Your Buck, March 1, 2011
Texas Bob (Shelbyville, TX) - See all my reviews
My needs were simple, AM/FM Stereo with a CD Player. Plugging in the MP3 player would be nice addition. This is a Christmas Gift for my wife and I would be installing it myself in her 98 Toyota Corolla (replacing stock radio/cassette). After doing all the research I was finding it difficult to purchase something simple that would meet my needs. I have a 97 Jeep with a Pioneer CD player (no MP3 playback or player hookups) that does a good job so I went in specific search for the newer model. This is it: Pioneer DEH-1300MP CD Receiver with MP3/WMA Playback and Remote Control and after 2 months of use we both love it. Easy to use, sounds great, fit perfectly in the dash with existing hardware! Took me about 3 hours to install, mostly because I had trouble with the Toyota wiring and even blew a fuse. Who would have guessed the Toyota red and black wires went to speakers? I did not use any wiring kits or adapters. I am using the stock speakers that came with the Corolla and it sounds great. Oh, did I mention the price is pretty good too. Let's sum it all up:

1.) Easy to install
2.) Easy to use
3.) Sounds great
4.) AM/FM/CD/MP3/WMA
5.) Inexpensive
6.) Pioneer
7.) Best Bang For My Buck

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective, Terrible UI, June 3, 2011
I ordered this because it was cheap, had an AUX port, and had HD radio. Unfortunately the model I got appears to be defective. It exhibits an intermittent problem where it shuts down suddenly, and when it starts up again, it's been reset to factory settings, losing all saved radio stations and EQ settings. I had the shop that installed it remove and reinstall the stereo, but they were unable to find anything wrong with the wiring; I can only assume the unit is defective. Unfortunately the intermittent nature of the problem means that now it's too late to return.

Apart from the defect, I was very disappointed with the button layout and controls. Simple things like pausing a CD, or enabling shuffle (I still haven't figured out if it's possible to hit NEXT on a CD and get it to pick a random song - as far as I can see, shuffle mode only chooses a random song if the last song finishes playing) are difficult if not impossible.

Obviously this was a disappointing experience for me. If not for the defect, however, I'd have given it at least 3 stars. It's not ideal, but it's cheap and the music sounds good.

3.0 out of 5 stars wrong radio, November 9, 2013
the radio I received is the 150mp pioneer, I found out after purchasing and messaging the seller that the 1300mp is discontinued, I wish the seller would have changed the name. I still like my radio, but three stars for the wrong information.

1.0 out of 5 stars Display visibility limited depending on your viewing angle. (Attn Honda Owners!), December 26, 2012
This stereo's display is unreadable in the daylight if your viewing angle is straight on or less then straight on.

This means if your stereo is mounted high on your dash, like mine - 2002 Honda Civic, and it tilts slightly upward, then you will not see the display in the daylight.

It's like the LCD on a calculator. You can see it better at certain angles. In this case, the display is bright and readable when looking down at it, but if you are below it, or even to it, it is very dim and washed out.

I am hoping I can return this item. I would keep it if the display was readable, but it just does not handle the angle that the radio sits at in a Honda Civic 2002.

Just to be clear - it is not direct sunlight washing it out, just being in daylight is enough to make the display unreadable.

‹ Previous | 1 2 336 | Next ›