Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on June 21, 2007
A few years ago I had an FM Modulator installed in my Saturn so I could hear my iPod through the car speakers. January of this year the modulator kept going in and out, one minute music, next minute static, in and out over and over. I brought it back to the car audio place that installed it, and they told me it went bad and a new one would set me back $140!

Well, seeing how I want my iPod in my car I need something, so I went shopping for a new car radio. (I figured that a new radio would cost less than the modulator, so why not just swap out the stock radio for a new one). I came across the Pioneer deck, and talked to the clerk. He told me that of all the radios they carry, Pioneer is the best among all of them. (Yes, even better than Sony, Alpine, et al.) It also has a 3.5mm jack in the front so hooking up my iPod (or any other MP3 player) would be a snap. The unit was $119, and when they threw in free installation, I was sold.

Obviously, I was wondering if the iPod connected via the aux jack in front would sound better than the FM Modulator...the guy installing the radio said it would sound better. He wasn't wrong. This radio absolutely kicks! Whether it's a CD or the iPod, this radio straight up rocks. I joke now that people can hear me coming 2 miles away instead of just 1 mile away. Picks up stations very well too, the SuperTuner is definitely worth the name.

The only cons I have is that the display is a bit on the dim side, when the sun is shining I really have to look hard to see it. But that's a very minor point when this thing sounds like it does.

Well in my opinion if you want a really solid unit at the right price you really can't beat this one. And if you see a red Saturn blasting music on the NJ Parkway headed to the Jersey Shore for the weekend, don't worry...it's just me.
on May 22, 2007
So I bought a 2002 Honda Accord. Great car, but the Stereo Sucked. The Speakers in the car were ok, so I just wantd to buy a good, inexpensive deck with an Aux for my Ipod. After some shopping, I decided to grab the DEH-P2900MP because the price was right, it had an Aux, and it looked pretty cool, plus, Pioneer has a great reputation. I figured it would sound good with my cars stock speakers but I got way more than I bargained for!!! This thing is straight up Amazing! Metal sounds Nasty, Digital music sounds sick and Hip Hop just thumps! Someone already asked me what kinda kicker I have and they didn't believe me when I said I don't have one! I thought i was kinda limited at first with the 3 tone controls but when i figured out how to use the Parametric EQ, the thing opened right up! Throw on the loudness and you got just that, with no distortion or buzz from the trunk! I'm officially a Pioneer customer now and I think they could be charging a lot more for this severely underpriced product!
on July 1, 2012
The price was fantastic. It works well, nice sound options and handles all of my music formats. Now my convert my original cds to Mp3 files and avoid my Cds being damaged in the car. Its easy to view/read at night.
on June 26, 2007
Installed this item with a pair of TS-G1641R speakers in our motorhome. Plenty of volume. Aux in works great with our GPS. This is our 3rd Pioneer car stereo purchase. My first one outlived my first car.

The only improvement I can recommend is to make the volumne knob stick out a little further or put a rough surface on the outside but that is not a reason I would use to not purchase this fine unit.
on June 3, 2007
i know the display is not the most important part of a radio but this is bad. at night it's fine but during the day you can't see anything and trying to figure out a track number is hard as well.. it's hidden all the way on the right side and very small. i love the radio but i wish i would of shopped around more
on May 17, 2007
Over my expectations! Very good product, didn't test with my Mp3 player yet, but should be as good as the CD and Radio.

Much easier and user friendly than my old Pioneer.
on June 27, 2009
I wanted a head unit that had mp3 cd capabilites as well as aux input AND most importantly I wanted the radio presets on the faceplate. I don't know why pioneer decided to hide the presets inside a menu starting with the 3000 model. This is a great mid range deck that really woke up the stock system in my 96 VW Passat. There are so many settings to tweak and once I got it dialed in just right it sounds so good I'm debating if I even need to hook up my other channels on my amp (right now only for sub) to after market speakers. The only issue I've come across so far is that the Random function is kinda meh, it doesn't seem to be very random as I constantly hear the same songs over and over again, and when you press next it goes to the next one in the folder/cd as opposed to the next random song.

All and all though I am very happy with this purchase.
on January 7, 2009
This unit works great in my '95 Mazda Miata. Putting the top up or down I always have to fade the door and headrest speakers and Pioneer makes it very simple and straightforward. The aux in works great with my iPod and CD's very rarely skip, which was a concern since the car has a tight suspension. It looks great with the black on black interior and the green backlight matches the rest of the dash lighting so it's not distracting at night. It just blends in great with the rest of the car. I love the way the buttons are laid out - very user friendly. I can dial in the volume and switch on and off very quickly which minimizes distraction when driving. It's everything I could want in a head unit.
on October 13, 2008
I had a pioneer cd player a while back and it was stolen. So for the past two years I've had polk audio speakers and a broken factory tape deck. This cd player is a very welcome change of pace. Sound quality is great. What I love about it is that it maintains its clarity of sound when you turn up the volume rather than getting scratchy and sounding like my speakers are gonna blow up. Great deal for what you get.
on September 19, 2008
The radio works as expected for a pioneer product, which is pretty good. No complaints about performance, it does what if should. However, the display is horrible during the day, fine at night. There is so much glare on the display. I guess because it bows outward and reflects a lot of light. If not for the display I would highly recommend this product.