Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 11, 2003
The vital records collected and available in this book are very useful but the genealogy of the families is quite flawed. A researcher would want to verify each bit of information. My own families (Browns, Prestons, Van Hooses, Williams, etc) are in this book and the mistakes are numerous.
on April 26, 2015
The book is pretty good. It has good listing of marriage dates and names. I thought it my have more on the koze. Family since Keesee wrote the book. But I did like it very much. Paula Keesee Bennich

t
on September 11, 2010
The book on the history of Eastern KY was what I expected it to be. I appreciate the work done by the author and I found some helpful information in it regarding my own family background.
on May 24, 2008
I am from Kentucky but now live in North Carolina. A relative traced my family tree back two generations, but no farther. Although I had no burning interest in genealogy per se, I wondered what eastern state my relatives came from. On 1 January 2008, an aunt sent me a package with lineage traced back to Adoniram Allen b.1734. I traced Adoniram back to England 1636, so in one fell swoop I now have part of my traced lineage. I enjoyed the Kozee book, because I am also descended from two Baker lines. Robert Baker, in whose house the first Clay County court was held, is also my ancestor. I enjoyed reading about the early history of Kentucky. Another relative is Kenus Fara Daniel, but I have not traced his parents, grandparents. Perhaps the Thomas W Daniel noted in the Clay County section will help me make future connections.
on July 13, 2013
This book is a factual listing of families of eastern and southeastern Kentucky. This book should be used as a source or reference.
on January 3, 2013
My wife thought this book was a great book of info to help with her research. Wll look to purchase more books on the subject.
on December 1, 2014
Very little information. I needed information on the parents of Edward Collins.
on September 6, 2014
Great information and exciting stories.
on February 1, 2015