4.0 out of 5 stars Cool, clean & interesting water!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:09 Mins
I bought this for my new kitten Candy.
Since it has been years from my last cat, I bought many stuff for my kitten before she came.
one of the items is this fountain.
I find it really nice & helped my cat to get as much water she needs at any time ( capacity is about 1L )
i read some reviews saying it noisy. well the noise it...
Published 14 months ago by Abdulaziz A. Al-Malki

1.0 out of 5 stars Noisy!
Published on September 3, 2011 by Auntie J

1.0 out of 5 stars Noisy!, September 3, 2011
Auntie J (Northern CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pioneer Pet Plastic Drinking Fountain- Raindrop Design (Misc.)
I tried several different things to reduce the noise from the vibrations of the pump. Nothing worked for long. It also splashed water onto the floor. I finally threw it out and gave up on fountains. Happened on this one today at Walmart and thought I'd take a chance on it: "Aqua Fountain Aqua Cube Pet Fountain, 40 oz." It's $19.97. There is also a larger one for about $10 more. It is very very quiet and no problem w/water on the floor.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too noisy for me, January 11, 2013
Brain Drain (Everywhere, U.S.A.) - See all my reviews
Length:: 2:06 Mins

5 stars for function. My cat loved it. She drank out of the upper and lower sections. Zero stars for aesthetics. It was so loud, we had to double the usual volume on the TV. If I could keep it somewhere away from the main living areas of the house, I'd use this. But until then, it will be collecting dust in the basement.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool, clean & interesting water!, May 3, 2013
Length:: 0:09 Mins

I bought this for my new kitten Candy.
one of the items is this fountain.
i read some reviews saying it noisy. well the noise it produces is minimum.
the trick in eleminating the noise is to prime the pump before use & align the pump with hole in the upper part of the fountain. also the water level should be at an optimum level.
The fountain circulates water through a filter then it pumps it toward a hole at the top to make water slide back to the bowl.
this movement aeriate the water with oxygen & keeps the temperature low also it excites the pet to drink water.
at the beginning i kept it of for a day till my cat start drinking from the fountain the second day i put it on now Candy drinks water from several points like the hole or the slide..
the only thing i find it kinda a negitave point is the filter which is according to manufacturer should be changed every 2 to 4 weeks. I'd suggest a filter with longer life or washable.
the fountain price is cheap & the material made from is durable yet tough so it wont break easily.
the electric cord is tough not easy to bite or cut by small pets
The product is high quality & I already recommended it for my pet owner friends & family.
I & my kitten love this product :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Read update - Too noisy, September 13, 2013
this is the very worst pet fountain i have ever had. it's so noisy. we're tried placing in on a towel, but nothing muffles the noise. we're adjusted the water level. nothing. the only thing that seems to help is removing the filter but that defeats the purpose of the product. i am ordering a different product from another site.

**Update** user error. there is a switch on the pump to adjust flow. this will make the fountain much quieter. my cats are delighted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice design and works great too!, March 9, 2011
Great little water dish! I love that it has the same design as the porcelain and stainless steel model for fraction of the price! Only do not by the filters for the other styles because this one uses a different filter! My cats love it and it takes up less space than their old fountain! One design flaw the pump is attached to the basin so don't consider it dishwaser safe, but easy enough to hand wash!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cats love it, January 17, 2011
violee (California) - See all my reviews
The minus one star is because the instructions for assembling this fountain were out and out wrong! However once we got it together, it has been superb. No noise. No mess. Easy to clean. Since it has a cord, plugging it in can be a little tricky if you don't have a convenient outlet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cats love it., November 26, 2011
It took a while for my cat to get acclimated to this fountain. I would turn it on for a few hours, then leave it off for another few hours. She started drinking it when it was off, but eventually got used to it on and even started drinking from the top when the water spills out. We recently moved into an apartment with 2 other cats and they both love it too.

The machine works fine, but there are a couple problems showing up that people addressed in other reviews. The water spigot can be a bit noisy: this can be solved by putting something (like decorative rocks) on top of it, so that the water spills around instead of straight upwards and plopping back down. The water can spill down from the spigot and over the edge: I think this is a side-effect of the water coming out too high, because when I put rocks on top of the spigot, this problem is also solved (it is not a result of the water level being too high, because it happens at all levels). The basin holds a lot of water, but there is not a lot of difference between the minimum and maximum water levels. If you aren't paying attention, the water can get too low fairly quickly and make the spigot noisy and I imagine it isn't good for the motor. What I do to solve this is only leave it on if I'm around the apartment and can monitor the levels.

There are a couple of problems, but they are really easy to solve. This is a great little filtering fountain and it comes at a great price. I would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Commander Fluffypants approves, September 13, 2011
Mary-Kate does not. I've been using the plastic fountain for over a month now. Well, my cats have. I just fill it and change the filter. My male cat took to it right away. He loves it. My feral queen was less impressed. I ran it intermittently for a few days so that she could drink while it was still and get used to the idea that this is now her water dish, and now she drinks when it's running. The water stays nice and clean. The fountain doesn't make much noise unless the water gets low. I would buy this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!, July 1, 2011
I bought this because I got sick of turning the bathroom faucet on for my cats and I found it really cheap at Ross. It worked fantastically for a couple weeks until I woke up this morning and the pump had burned itself out! I thought about trying to find a new pump but I may just end up buying a new fountain. My cats loved it and I really enjoyed not having to turn the faucet on 10 times a day for them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, November 16, 2012
I have read the reviews and ordered it anyone for $15. This fountain is not noisey. Yes when you first plug it in the motor is dry and makes noise. I let it run for a minute unplugged it let the motor soak in the water for a minute and turned it back on. The only noise is the water no motor noise. Dont be afraid to really fill the bowl it helps it run quieter. And also the diswasher safe comments. There is a rubber stopper that holds the cord in place, if you push that out and pull the cord out the bowl is free from the power and motor to go right in the dishwasher. My cat only drinks from fountains and this one i think is the best so far. I dont know how other cats are but mine loves to make messes. She will put her paw under the water and have it run on the floor this type of fountain doesnt allow that which makes it top on my list. I just got it so i will see how long it lasts but for $15 i will be happy with a few months and then order another one. So far the best fountain i have owned.

Rate and Discover Movies