4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps water clean

3.0 out of 5 stars Indifferent
Published on December 2, 2011 by Ms. Sean Crenwelge

3.0 out of 5 stars Indifferent, December 2, 2011
This review is from: Pioneer Plastic Drinking Fountain Fung Shui (Misc.)
I give this fountain a 3 star because there are things I like about it and things I do not. Although there are only a few other reviews, I found almost every one of them says that this is noisy. To me, I really do not think it is. I mean, my A/C is louder than it. Maybe I have just gotten used to it, I have had this water fountain for about 6 months now, have had no problems with it working. It is different from other cat fountains in that there is no "waterfall;" for this one you have like a little water mill that takes the water from the bottom of this dish, puts it in the top, and then the water comes out through the holes. My two cats (ages 4 and 2) were a little hesitant at first but then warmed up to it within a couple of days. Like another reviewer, I bought this product from Ross for about 14.99, which is around the current price it is selling for here on Amazon. I do like the fact that it circulates the water. Now for the cons. Yes, this is easy to take apart and clean, but I have noticed that, even with washing it (by hand) there is a residue that is still left. It mostly shows up on the top black part of the dish. This disappointed me. The only time I do notice it becoming louder is when it does run low on water. To avoid this, I just put water in it every morning. So an overall pretty okay product, especially for the price. You can spend more money and get a better fountain but, if you want to stay in a lower price range, try this one out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps water clean, April 29, 2011
This review is from: Pioneer Plastic Drinking Fountain Fung Shui (Misc.)
I got this for my cat who loves to play with water. I didn't quite get the response I was hoping for though she does pay attention to it occasionally. She still prefers the bath tub! It does keep the water fresh and the bowl needs to be cleaned less often with the constant flow of water. My only real complaint is it's noisy especially if the water has gone down at all from full.Would I buy it again? Not sure :/

4.0 out of 5 stars Cats skin is so much healthier, November 27, 2011
Franny (Long Island, N.Y.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pioneer Plastic Drinking Fountain Fung Shui (Misc.)
I have to agree it is noisy so I keep the water filled as high as I can and that seems to help. Water comes out of the top white hole and shoots up about an inch so the cats love to drink from this part the most. MOST of all in one month both of my cats skin had been very dry and had what looked like dandruff and now NO MORE dry flakes. I am sure because they are enjoying drinking more water because it's fresh.

1.0 out of 5 stars Noisy, and motor stopped working after 3 weeks, September 26, 2011
This review is from: Pioneer Plastic Drinking Fountain Fung Shui (Misc.)
I was excited and somewhat suspicious that I found a fountain for my cat for $15 @ Ross one day. Excited about the price, suspicious about the price. I followed the instructions as told, and everything went perfectly fine. It is as the other reviewers said very noisy, however. So much that if you don't want to settle on a white noise machine to help you sleep, you can get one of these. It personally didn't bother me, but if have it in the same room such as a tv, radio, etc, it could be cumbersome. I gave this product 1 star because the motor died on me approximately three weeks after purchase. Now I wasn't expecting this product to last forever-- a year is what I estimated it's maximum would be, especially for the price I bought it at. I just woke up one morning and realized it wasn't making any noise. I followed the manual and took the motor apart to see if there was anything suspicious or any debris was caught, but nothing. After doing this a few times and trying different outlet, I gave up. Very disappointed, too bad I never kept my receipt-- lesson learned :/

5.0 out of 5 stars I was skeptical, but my cat's love it!, September 14, 2012
This review is from: Pioneer Plastic Drinking Fountain Fung Shui (Misc.)
This is actually the first review I've ever written, after 10 years on Amazon.
I have always been interested in getting a fountain being that we have 5 cats. I know they don't drink enough water on their own (very important to feed your cat wet food for this reason). One of the cats was just diagnosed with renal disease and I knew it was important for him to be getting enough water. I purchased this on clearance at a local retail store and it is definitely one of the best purchases I have ever made. All 5 of the cats quickly took to using it. 2 of them especially love it, and will sit in front of it just to watch it when they're done leisurely drinking. They have all been drinking more water and the one with renal disease enjoys it the most.
It's been going strong for about 6 months now, which surprised me. Maybe I got lucky but I do take care of it. I clean it out really well with rubbing alcohol diluted with water. I also change the filter once a week since we have so many cats.
Having to clean the fountain out a few times a week, as well as changing the filter weekly is well worth the health benefits it brings for my cats. I also add fresh water as needed.

1.0 out of 5 stars PET OWNERS BEWARE, July 11, 2014
Length:: 0:08 Mins

PET OWNERS BEWARE... What all of the pet fountain companies fail to mention are the dangers that using plastic bowls pose. I have two 13 year old Maine Coons that have never had a health issue. Both are indoor cats and share the same water fountain. The first time it happened a few years ago when one of the cats had a pimple like sore on her chin. With a ton of patience and gentle coaxing she finally let me see what was on her chin. It was a waxy-like substance and it was gone after a few days. I searched the internet trying to find out what could have caused this, but had no luck I finally decided that it must be something random, no big deal. Fast forward...I purchased this exact fountain and both of my cats were drinking from it. All of the sudden the entire top "lip" of my second cat was swollen so badly I thought that she had something in her mouth. It was so terrible to watch her be in so much pain and not be able to do a thing about it. I immediately scoured the internet again, this time having success. I found SEVERAL articles from blogs to veterinarian's websites that said plastic bowl are dangerous for your pet. Not only can it cause mouth sores, but according to the National Institute of Health and other major environmental groups, the chemicals used to make plastic bowls and bottles "can" get into its contents, especially if the container is scratched or put in the microwave. And those chemicals contain toxins that can cause cancer, impaired immune function, hyperactivity, and other health problems. I kept their bowl clean and still severely hurt my cat. See attached video, I took the pictures while she was sleeping. This is after it has healed for over a month. It was 10 times worse than the pictures attached.

2.0 out of 5 stars Eh., April 1, 2012
This review is from: Pioneer Plastic Drinking Fountain Fung Shui (Misc.)
Love the look of this product and it was easy to fill and clean but the motor was loud and the cats didn't really like it so we ended up giving it away. We have another bubbler now that they really like and the motor is quiet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the price!, December 27, 2011
This review is from: Pioneer Plastic Drinking Fountain Fung Shui (Misc.)
My cat really enjoys this fountain. I have had no problems with it at all and honestly I find it to be pretty quiet. I love the sound of water and this is vry relaxing. No noisy motor sounds. Great deal!

1.0 out of 5 stars very loud, July 2, 2011
This review is from: Pioneer Plastic Drinking Fountain Fung Shui (Misc.)
This product appears nicely constructed, however, the fountain pump is very loud. So much so, that I am requesting either a replacement pump (one hopefully quieter) or to return the product for a refund.

3.0 out of 5 stars My cat is drinking more again!!!! UPDATE.., August 9, 2014
This review is from: Pioneer Plastic Drinking Fountain Fung Shui (Misc.)
My cat loves this fountain..at first she drank from the bottom only...then a few days later i saw her drinking at the top as the water was bubbling out...it is plastic but, she has never had any allergies to plastic. I decided not to put in the plastic windmill device on top(not shown in picture and not even sure of its purpose)....It seams to be very quite for me...i have the pump setting on low and i dont even hear it...i have to look in the laundry room to even make sure it is on....Love the size, small enough to fit on my dryer and not block all the knobs. And the filters are really inexpensive so that was another reason why i choose this one...ALSO i ordered this from seller debnroo and i recieved it with in 2 business days!!! Funny, it even was delivered before a 2 day "prime" item that i had on the same order!!! A+++ for seller debnroo!!!!!I will be purchasing the filters from them as well!!!

UPDATE:10/2...AFTER HAVING THIS RUNNING FOR SEVERAL WEEKS, IT IS BECOMING A PAIN IN THE REAR...ONCE WATER LEVEL DROPS ABOUT AN INCH(PLENTY WATER LEFT IN BOWL), THE PUMP STARTS MAKING NOISE AND THEN CAT DOES NOT WANT TO DRINK... BOWL MUST BILL FILLED DAILY EVEN WHEN IT LOOKS LIKE PLENTY OF WATER...NOW LOOKING INTO A FOUNTAIN WITH A RESERVOIR...I DOWN GRADED TO THREE STARS...

Pioneer Plastic Drinking Fountain Fung Shui