4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps water clean

Published on December 2, 2011 by Sean E. Crenwelge

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Indifferent, December 2, 2011
This review is from: Pioneer Plastic Drinking Fountain Fung Shui (Misc.)
I give this fountain a 3 star because there are things I like about it and things I do not. Although there are only a few other reviews, I found almost every one of them says that this is noisy. To me, I really do not think it is. I mean, my A/C is louder than it. Maybe I have just gotten used to it, I have had this water fountain for about 6 months now, have had no problems with it working. It is different from other cat fountains in that there is no "waterfall;" for this one you have like a little water mill that takes the water from the bottom of this dish, puts it in the top, and then the water comes out through the holes. My two cats (ages 4 and 2) were a little hesitant at first but then warmed up to it within a couple of days. Like another reviewer, I bought this product from Ross for about 14.99, which is around the current price it is selling for here on Amazon. I do like the fact that it circulates the water. Now for the cons. Yes, this is easy to take apart and clean, but I have noticed that, even with washing it (by hand) there is a residue that is still left. It mostly shows up on the top black part of the dish. This disappointed me. The only time I do notice it becoming louder is when it does run low on water. To avoid this, I just put water in it every morning. So an overall pretty okay product, especially for the price. You can spend more money and get a better fountain but, if you want to stay in a lower price range, try this one out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps water clean, April 29, 2011
This review is from: Pioneer Plastic Drinking Fountain Fung Shui (Misc.)
I got this for my cat who loves to play with water. I didn't quite get the response I was hoping for though she does pay attention to it occasionally. She still prefers the bath tub! It does keep the water fresh and the bowl needs to be cleaned less often with the constant flow of water. My only real complaint is it's noisy especially if the water has gone down at all from full.Would I buy it again? Not sure :/

1.0 out of 5 stars Noisy, and motor stopped working after 3 weeks, September 26, 2011
This review is from: Pioneer Plastic Drinking Fountain Fung Shui (Misc.)
I was excited and somewhat suspicious that I found a fountain for my cat for $15 @ Ross one day. Excited about the price, suspicious about the price. I followed the instructions as told, and everything went perfectly fine. It is as the other reviewers said very noisy, however. So much that if you don't want to settle on a white noise machine to help you sleep, you can get one of these. It personally didn't bother me, but if have it in the same room such as a tv, radio, etc, it could be cumbersome. I gave this product 1 star because the motor died on me approximately three weeks after purchase. Now I wasn't expecting this product to last forever-- a year is what I estimated it's maximum would be, especially for the price I bought it at. I just woke up one morning and realized it wasn't making any noise. I followed the manual and took the motor apart to see if there was anything suspicious or any debris was caught, but nothing. After doing this a few times and trying different outlet, I gave up. Very disappointed, too bad I never kept my receipt-- lesson learned :/

5.0 out of 5 stars I was skeptical, but my cat's love it!, September 14, 2012
This review is from: Pioneer Plastic Drinking Fountain Fung Shui (Misc.)
This is actually the first review I've ever written, after 10 years on Amazon.
I have always been interested in getting a fountain being that we have 5 cats. I know they don't drink enough water on their own (very important to feed your cat wet food for this reason). One of the cats was just diagnosed with renal disease and I knew it was important for him to be getting enough water. I purchased this on clearance at a local retail store and it is definitely one of the best purchases I have ever made. All 5 of the cats quickly took to using it. 2 of them especially love it, and will sit in front of it just to watch it when they're done leisurely drinking. They have all been drinking more water and the one with renal disease enjoys it the most.
It's been going strong for about 6 months now, which surprised me. Maybe I got lucky but I do take care of it. I clean it out really well with rubbing alcohol diluted with water. I also change the filter once a week since we have so many cats.
Having to clean the fountain out a few times a week, as well as changing the filter weekly is well worth the health benefits it brings for my cats. I also add fresh water as needed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cats skin is so much healthier, November 27, 2011
Franny (Long Island, N.Y.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pioneer Plastic Drinking Fountain Fung Shui (Misc.)
I have to agree it is noisy so I keep the water filled as high as I can and that seems to help. Water comes out of the top white hole and shoots up about an inch so the cats love to drink from this part the most. MOST of all in one month both of my cats skin had been very dry and had what looked like dandruff and now NO MORE dry flakes. I am sure because they are enjoying drinking more water because it's fresh.

1.0 out of 5 stars very loud, July 2, 2011
This review is from: Pioneer Plastic Drinking Fountain Fung Shui (Misc.)
This product appears nicely constructed, however, the fountain pump is very loud. So much so, that I am requesting either a replacement pump (one hopefully quieter) or to return the product for a refund.

2.0 out of 5 stars Eh., April 1, 2012
This review is from: Pioneer Plastic Drinking Fountain Fung Shui (Misc.)
Love the look of this product and it was easy to fill and clean but the motor was loud and the cats didn't really like it so we ended up giving it away. We have another bubbler now that they really like and the motor is quiet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the price!, December 27, 2011
This review is from: Pioneer Plastic Drinking Fountain Fung Shui (Misc.)
My cat really enjoys this fountain. I have had no problems with it at all and honestly I find it to be pretty quiet. I love the sound of water and this is vry relaxing. No noisy motor sounds. Great deal!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool fountain for cats, April 14, 2014
This review is from: Pioneer Plastic Drinking Fountain Fung Shui (Misc.)
My cats like it!. Very convenient to stimulate cats to drink more water... very easy to ensemble it and very easy to clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great pet fountain!!, April 9, 2014
This review is from: Pioneer Plastic Drinking Fountain Fung Shui (Misc.)
This is a great pet fountain! Very quiet and easy to clean! Our three cats love it and are drinking a lot more water! Very good for the price! Thanks pioneer pet!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›