4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value - good product
Published on December 15, 2011 by DaliDrama

1.0 out of 5 stars save your money!
Published 12 months ago by Book Lover

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value - good product, December 15, 2011
DaliDrama (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pioneer 300 Pocket Fabric Frame Cover Photo Album, Apple Red (Kitchen)
This is a good album - not amazing or great, but I am happy with it. The cover is a sturdy, solid, high quality book cover with a fabric skin. this is very nice. The only downside is the edges around the front picture opening. Each corner has a SNIP in the fabric to allow it to be folded on to each side so if you look closely, there is this non-profesisonal cut in each corner. Inside the pages are a pre-set slip-in layout for 4x6 photos. I like the 3 per page (6 per opening) format and it being a tall book (with the hard cover it feels like a real book). I would never use the writing space on the side of the picture but it doens't detract too much. The plastic that covers the photos is very cheap and extremely shiney and will glare. While this is a pain, most "cheap" albums are like this, so it's a concern but part of the norm.

Overall, I am very happy with this book. It's tall rather a square or wide, which is a nice touch and feels like a book, which is important. If you are looking for a basic photo album, this is your pick, hands down. If you are looking for a fancy album (wedding, etc) then I'd say the inside will ruin the fancy feel you may want. GRADE: B+

PROS
-storage (300 pics)
-format (3 4x6 per page)
-hard cover and cloth front (solid)
-value

CONS
-cheap plastic shiny/glare inserts
-writing space next to pics (rarely used)
-front cover opening not as tidy as it could be

5.0 out of 5 stars A more than decent photo book: Professional or Casual, June 14, 2013
Length:: 4:01 Mins

It's a great photo album for it's price and quality.

I have no problems with the plastic covering and find it decent and even better than other photo albums that I currently have.

Aside from a crease on ONE page, the looks of evertyhing else about the book is great.

Definetely not shelf friendly unless your shelf space is tall enough or if you're just putting it on top of a shelf as opposed to inside one.

A Plus: It came with a semi thick plastic cover that covers the whole book that you can either leave on or take it off.

Overall, I loved it, even with the crease of one page.

5.0 out of 5 stars As Offered!, November 2, 2011
This is an amazing photo album, and is just as offered. It has spaces to write and holds the pictures perfectly. Because of the fabric cover, it doesn't slip out of your hands [easily] when you go to grab it.

1.0 out of 5 stars save your money!, July 8, 2013
I thought this would be so neat. I really liked the slot on the front for my own picture, however that is where the thrill ended. When I opened the album I couldn't believe my eyes. Each page holds 3 4x6 photos but the compartments are not sealed the whole length of the 6 inch side. There is only 2 inches of glue and the rest is open which offers very little support to keep each photo in place. I have never seen anything like this. If you bump or jar or drop the book the photos will all slide out. The only alternative is to tape them in place and who wants to spoil the look with tape? Please don't waste you time and money on this poorly thought out
disaster!

5.0 out of 5 stars just what i needed, August 1, 2012
I take hundreds of photos every month so I ordered several of these albums and they are great. Good quality, easy to get the pictures in, and have margins if you want to write captions. I love all the bright colors too.

5.0 out of 5 stars bang for the buck!, December 8, 2011
This is a well-made photo album. I used it for my wedding pictures it is perfect. I love the red color and there is a clear plastic cover to protect the fabric. Great value and a must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Used to store photos of Ornaments, March 22, 2014
I bought this for my daughter to add photos of her ornaments and what year she received them. I love that it has the area to write in beside the photo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Photo Album, March 6, 2014
Love this album. I'm trying to get pictures out of the old magnetic albums and I have a ton of pictures! So I needed an album that could hold a lot. This album is perfect. Feels sturdy, love the bright red color. I will definitely be buying more of these!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, February 7, 2014
Love the quality. It's sturdy. The option for writing memos about photographs is helpful. I actually ordered one in teal. And then had to order more, because I can't imagine organizing photos in any other albums. These are lovely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, February 4, 2014
Good quality photo albums, much nicer looking than the 3 ring binder style. I see no issue with the way the pictures are held in the pockets as mentioned in some reviews. They are held snugly in place. I would buy them again.

Pioneer 300 Pocket Fabric Frame Cover Photo Album, Apple Red