5.0 out of 5 stars A W E S O M E S O U N D Q U A L I T Y
I will give a short version then a longer version of the review for those not interested in reading:

SHORT VERSION - These are bad azz headphones 9.5 out of 10 and i RARELY give a 10 for anything!

Published on December 3, 2012 by rinney

3.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable after long periods of time
Rating headphones can be a difficult thing. I can only review based off my experience and ultimately how something fits my abnormally large head. I hate trying out headphones in stores because who knows what ears have seen those floor models.

Published 20 months ago by S. Mingey

5.0 out of 5 stars A W E S O M E S O U N D Q U A L I T Y, December 3, 2012
This review is from: Pioneer STEEZ 808 SE-MJ751I Stereo Headphones, Black (Electronics)

LONGER VERSION : My guess is these pioneer steez 808 headphones are targeted for the person who whould be interested in the skullcrushers or the beats(just my guess) but are great for anyone who wants very good sound (hey that should be everyone, right)?

1.LOOKS (i know not important, thats why im starting with this and working up to the important thing, sound) they look pretty good i think, they are not your little mini phones, but are certainly a good size for home or on the go, you wont look like a nerd with these.

2. COMFORT - Just a hair more snug than i would like but not overly so, its better than being too loose to where they would fall off, and their good to stay on when your moveing around, they dont cause pain or anything and also everyones head is different, they may fit you just right, really im getting used to them already after only a few days.

3. SOUND - THESE sound SUPERB. highs are just right and not harsh , hights sound accurate to me. the LOWS are insane, you can adjust the amount of bass with a little dial that is on the outside of the left earcup but its flat, the whole outside earcup is a dial(not the part touching your ear) but nothing purtrudes or anything its unnoticabe, there are no batteries and no bass booster on the cord.
these heaedphones use 2 drivers in EACH earcup, one for highs and one for lows so there is no distortion for deep bass, i tested the bass and i can assure you if you like alot of clean deep bass you will not be disappointed with these, if you are a basshead these are for you, if you like bass levels at normal amounts these are for you cause you can turn the bass down by turning the dial on the earcup.
If you have skullcrushers already, youll give them to your little brother cause once you hear these you can never put the skullcrusher on ever again, these destroy skullcrusher, no contest at all. if you have beats the 808's sound even better i gotta say and are cheaper priced. im tellin' you when i turned up the bass for the test i seriously couldnt imagine ever listening to it that loud my head was pounding and it had no distortion at all.
it was like sitting in a car with 2 12 inch woofers cranked up to where you cant hear anyone talking to you, of course if you dont want that just turn it down, no problem.
PIONEER did a great job on sound quality and the dual driver technology DOES work fantasticly

5.0 out of 5 stars Clarity meets skull-cracking bass, January 10, 2013
I have nothing to say but good things about these headphones. They are so clear, that I find myself listening to my old song library only to discover there are details you simply don't hear with low-end headphones. I tried Beats by Dre and wasn't impressed at all. The vocals got muddy and the bass was overwhelming. Had a Pair of the Skullcandy Hesh 2's and they broke within 3 months. I own Bose AE2's and I find I like these much better. Not only are they more comfortable, but the clarity is on par (and in some cases rivals) the Bose headphones. I would highly recommend these to anyone out there. My only minor gripe is the cord being a little short. But since it's detachable, you can pick one up easily enough for a few bucks. All in all, fantastic buy with a price much more reasonable than other high-end phones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid awesome performance right out of box and plug and play, April 16, 2013
I am so happy about these I will write a review that will be worth your time to see and help you make your decision.

So, I have heard many type of headphones and sampled different brands. These do have a character close to that of the Dre Beats headphones and ll the others that are seeking to get a piece of that cash cow. These by far are SUCH an awesome comparison to those and at the price that amazon currently has them at you should buy 2...or maybe even 3 pairs and just give them to your friends as gifts. When they use them they will absolutely thank you.

Sound Quality: I listen to various type of music. Metal, Hip Hop, Classical and other kinds all over.

Metal music has a great range. Vocal screams and melodic singing in tune with guitars, bass and drums are are separated and can be heard extremely well. With the bass nob, if you turn it up to maximum it does not distort but slightly overpowers the rest of the music, which is not a bad thing. What is so sweet is when you know that awesome part of the song where they just break it down is coming up and you can quickly spin that nob to full bass and click it one volume up and be like OMG I'm going to break my neck from so much headbanging. :)

Hip Hop: This is where these shine the best I think, so much like what the dre headphones want to try to reach into and make everyone be like yes if you pay 175-300 dollars you'll hear the music the way Dre hears it. Listening to Gravity by Lecrae all the way through made me reallly like these headphones. Bass at about 80% is just right, and listening on my HTC DNA droid phone (While using Dr. Dre beats software LOL) Really sealed the deal with me on these.

Other types of music. They are just great. No problems of missing anything and really the range I would say is quite good. I cannot say these headphones are truly reaching down into the 9hz zone like they say but I have to say these reach bass better than many other headphones I have heard. The only other headphone I've heard that hits bass like this are some Sennheiser $400 headphones... I mean seriously thats too much money. I love music but good grief I mean I can buy a sweet 5.1 surround system with that kind of money if you shop properly.

OK so now some people have complained about the fit of these and being too tight. I can see how that is and it is relative. But if you don't have tiny ears and you can handle light pressure on your ears for long periods these are just fine. For working out or doing lawn work these are great too, they definetly wont move and you wont have to adjust really ever.

The cord is long enough for me to have it go from the headphones on my head down through my shirt and into my pocket with my phone there and still have a good 8 inches of slack. Not a bad length. IF you don't like the length you can always replace it. Great feature. The cord is secure and has not popped out from tension at all unless I wanted it out of there.

These are great! You wont regret!

3.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable after long periods of time, May 10, 2013

My 3 star rating has nothing to with the quality of sound. The bass control on these things are great. You can manually adjust the bass output on these headphones with a simple turn of a knob, that is a brilliant idea. My rating is based on the feel of the headphones. After about 20 minutes for me my ears have had enough. They are just too tight for my big head. Also, I intentionally thought the earmuff material was nice, but whatever they use make my ears sweat, gross. And finally, the overall design of the headphones feel like a cheap plastic. When you hold them in your hands they feel cheap.

I would recommend these to you in heartbeat because of the price and sound. If you have a smaller noggin, these may be the best headphones you put on for the price. If you more endowed like myself, you may want to look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, December 27, 2012
These are awesome headphones. Sound quality is great and the bass booster doesn't make it sound muddy. Detachable cord and it has a sexy build

5.0 out of 5 stars Yeah epic basically, January 8, 2013
OK so I have bought many headphones senn 439s, ath ad700, ath m30s, xb500, senn 202s. and I feel the best way to compare thses is with the sennhesier 439s, both are extremely clear, but in comparsion these pioneers are gods, first yes they are much louder at 16ohms rather than 32 they are twice as loud but the mids and Highs WOW yes the sennhesier are very clear but these pioneers are better. And just to mention, I have a big head and big ears and these are awesome for comfort, why? the ear pads sit on the center of my ears rather than farther apart to my outer ear so it puts no pressure on my bigger ear lobes or even with wearing glasses. These are simply awesome.

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, October 31, 2013
Overall, not bad headphones but they get really uncomfortable really fast since they're on ear rather then over ear. They do have great sound considering the price but comfort is a big part of headphones for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars get sony v55 instead if you can sacrifice a little bass., June 19, 2013
I had these headphones for about 2 weeks, then they cracked. I returned them and ordered a pair of sony v55's which feel 100x more comfortable lighter and clearer then these. These are insane for bass. The bass knob is not a gimmick and it had my fiends all talking about it. The plastic feel somewhat cheap and doesn't rotate well at all. The ear pads look thick and comfy but are actually dense and hurt my ears pretty bad. I found my self constantly moving them off my ears for a little to relieve the tension even when I made the headphones bigger. The sound leakage isn't nearly as bad as my new sonys but they do leak. (the sonys are on sale right now and are cheaper)they sound fantastic for video games on my PC and for netflix when i watch breaking bad. It like bassy surround sound. The bass knob is great but the comfort is a one star and the quality is a two. The price is due to the speakers quality and thick bass. Try these on before you buy....trust me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sound good but uncomfortable, March 21, 2013
These do have a great range of sound...very balanced, but I started getting a headache from the pressure they put on your head. Too tight for my taste, but if you don't mind the tightness, they're worth the inexpensive price....plus the bass control on the side comes in handy at times.

2.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable, March 16, 2013
I purchased these about a month ago. I like the look and the sound is good, but both my wife and I can only listen for about 20 min or so and then it really starts to hurt the ears. I purchased these looking for something that I could listen to for hours at a time, but I can't stand more than about 45 minutes before I just HAVE to take them off...back to the drawing board

Pioneer STEEZ 808 SE-MJ751I Stereo Headphones, Black