5.0 out of 5 stars Sound is balanced again!
Published 23 months ago by Cameron Madera

3.0 out of 5 stars They work ok
They sound good for pioneer. I have them in the back of my Toyota Tacoma and they almost over power the front so I have the fader ran to the front more and it sounds better.
Published 13 months ago by Kevin

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound is balanced again!, January 19, 2013
This review is from: Pioneer TS-A1675R 6-1/2" 3-Way TS Series Coaxial Car Speakers (Electronics)
This is really a pleasant departure from the Pioneer TS-G1644R speakers I previously had running in the rear. First, a little backstory: My previous Pioneers were only 2-ways, and as a result, had a weakness in the midrange. When it came to bass and highs, they excelled (compared to the other speakers in that price range). But it was a constant annoyance to have to strain my ears to hear the vocals (which were overshadowed and distorted by the bass). At one point, I had the TS-G1644Rs in both the front and the rear, but I upgraded the front speakers to the Sony XS-GTX1642 speakers (which are 4-ways) to lessen the lack of midrange in my music. It helped a little bit, but even when I sat in the front the midrange sounded rather soft. After blowing 2 speakers in the rear, I decided to upgrade the rear this time. I knew I did not want 2-ways anymore, but Pioneer's speakers have exceptional range although not as good as Pioneer claims. (The TS-G1644Rs have a frequency response more like 40-22,000 Hz.) I found these 3-ways and ordered them. These speakers have a frequency response that's more like 37-25,000 Hz. My Sonys in the front have a frequency response of 50-23,000 Hz. These work best when powered with 17W-75W RMS, which makes this just fine for use with most headunits (except for some from Pyramid, Pyle, Legacy, Boss, Sound Storm, Planet Audio, Jensen, Audiovox, Dual, Axxera, and, ironically, Pioneer). It should sound fine with ANY headunit, but they'll sound best within that power range.

I just installed these speakers this afternoon, so I can't comment on their durability just quite yet. However, I noticed that the balance of sound is back in my system. I don't have to struggle to hear the words to songs anymore. In addition, the bass is kicking without being muddied by any competing midrange. The highs also sound a bit more detailed and true (although, being a basshead, I don't have too great of an ear for treble).

A lot of similar speakers, especially the Polk db651s speakers and the Rockford Fosgate P165 speakers, while at a competing price point around $50, are only 2-way speakers and have more of a chance of having the lows and mids battling each other and causing distortion. Both Polk and Rockford Fosgate are very well-known for making exceptional speakers, but I just wish they would offer some kind of 3-way 6.5-inch speaker (Rockford Fosgate does have speakers like this, but the Prime Series speakers were not what I was looking for, and the Punch Series 3-way has been discontinued, I believe). I'm not saying "the more ways the better" at all. I just feel that an all-in-one speaker like those and these should have at least 3 ways. That way, the speaker focuses on the three key areas of sound (lows, mids, and highs), with each component being dedicated to one key only. Basically, with a 2-way speaker, you have the woofer handling the bass, the tweeter handling the treble, with the midrange being split and shared between the woofer and tweeter. With a 3-way, the woofer handles the lows, the midrange driver handles the mids, and the tweeter takes care of the highs. 4-ways aren't really much better than 3-ways, because you have the woofer's lows, the midrange's mids, and the highs are split between two tweeters.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is if you are looking for speakers and are willing to sacrifice a little more dough than would be with entry-level speakers, go with this speaker. The frequency response, even realistically, is always the best with Pioneer speakers. This speaker, like nearly all of Pioneer's speakers, is of the slimmest out there, allowing for installation in even the shallowest of locations. These speakers produce satisfying, full-range sound with full bass, clear mids, and accurate treble. I have always found Pioneer's products to be the clear winner to their competitor's similarly-priced products. I also am running these speakers on a Pioneer DEH-150MP headunit, chosen because it blew away the competitors. I am even considering replacing my Sony XS-GTX1642 speakers with the Pioneer TS-A1685R 4-way speakers...

I will update my review if I notice any problems at all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid speakers for the price., January 5, 2014
I always read the negative reviews first for highly rated and purchased products in order to see what's the worst that could happen. I read a few reviews about the bass not being deep enough, and was hesitant to adjust my EQ to try the low-end out on these. But they're great on lows, mids, and highs. My head unit goes up to 62(volume level), and with the speakers I replaced with these (Polk db 6.5), going down the interstate, I would need it at about 35-36 to really be engulfed in the music. But after installing these, the volume only needs to be around 25. The highs are much clearer, the sound is just overall better. Definitely worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, deep bass., April 6, 2013
These speakers have a great sound at an affordable price. The bass is deep and the sound is crisp and clear. Great bang for your buck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finaly a speaker that speaks loud and clear, July 5, 2013
I have been a Pioneer fan for many years, but this time they exceeded my expectations. As a hearing impaired person, all speakers that came with my cars where difficult to understand the words. This speaker reproduce the sound with outstanding quality, brilliant, bass level is stunning.

Also, the delivery exceeded my expectations as it arrived one day sooner. This one of the best online purchase experience I ever had.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2008 Dodge Dakota., February 5, 2013
I have only had them for 2 weeks but so far I am very pleased.

Great set of speakers. Sound excellent. They were fairly simple to install. I will probably purchase another set for the back.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome purchase, January 17, 2014
awesome speakers. easy to install just pull the old speakers out and toss in the new ones. i run my speakers pretty hard for all the metal and dubstep i listen to and they have no trouble keeping up. great bass and also crisp. 5 starts :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good so far, March 7, 2013
just installed one to compare against my pioneer 300 watt 6x9. no comparison. Magnet is huge!!! Sounds great without amp can only imagine how it would sound with one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, January 17, 2014
I'm not an audiophile and wasn't expecting much considering how cheap these speakers are. However, they are much better than my stock Chevy Silverado speakers and provided a much needed upgrade to my stock stereo. They have a surprising amount of base for $30 6.5's so don't listen to the other reviewers who say they have zero bass. I'm using a stock head unit as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars awsome, April 26, 2014
extremely clear
looks good
need to buy another pair
sounds good with my 12" subs
(custom box that I made)

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, November 19, 2013
These speakers replaced 20 year old honda speakers that were crap. The sound quality is awesome, love them. Great highs and pounding bass for just 6 inch speakers.