Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale
Onkyo 607 vs. Pioneer VSX-1019? I am trying to decide between these two new receivers but I am having a hard time, does anyone have any advice?
asked by Dave on April 29, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 19 answers
A
i had last years onkyo 606. I just got the pioneer 1019. imho the pioneer is better,it has much better up-conversion than the onkyo.It has complete control of i-pod without needing to buy an additional dock. It still has analog multi-channel input.The pioneer doesn`t hum or buzz like my onkyo did.Pioneer`s mcacc auto setup also eq`s the sub,the onkyo doesn`t.The pioneer`s sound quality is great.Buy the pioneer!
John G. Fogelsinger answered on May 4, 2009
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think CNET might review these soon. In the mean time, you could check their reviews of the 606 and the 1018 as a starting point, as well as Amazon reviews of those products. You can also download manuals for the 607 and 1019 (probably) to compare features and specs.
Brad answered on April 30, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just sprang for the 607. Unbelievable! Without a doubt I made the right choice. The sound from this workhorse is incredible. You will not be dissapointed.
Troy A. Baxter answered on May 7, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It really depends on your needs. They are both excellent receivers, but the Pioneer has better Multi-Room/Multi-Source features (audio AND video), and it is the only receiver at this price point that allows you to route and control a digital audio source to the second room with full control.

If the Multi-Room/Multi-Source features do not matter to you, I would also suggest that you consider the Harman Kardon AVR-254/354, as well as the Denon 790, 1610 and 1910. Slightly more expensive, but a unit to watch for is the upcoming Marantz NR1501. Good luck!
ANTSAMAZON answered on July 28, 2009
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Have you've tried the auto level control (ALC) function on the 1019, and does it level the volumes between TV programming and commercials? This is a real show stopper for me and especially my wife!
omysteve answered on May 27, 2009

A
The onkyo 607 does eq the sub...
Chase answered on September 16, 2009

A
Check out Lindich "On Sound". He is syndicated in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette and the Minneapolis Star newspaper. He also has a blog with the same name. He rates both of these receivers with pros and cons.
Brenda answered on October 2, 2009

A
Amazon Customer answered on August 30, 2009

A
can you use the tv speakers without having to turn the receiver on? from what I have read you have to have the receiver on. can anyone confirm or deny this?
Tampart1 answered on October 21, 2009

A
Where did you get a 1019 for $305? I would like to order that immediately!
Cavalryman answered on August 31, 2009
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product