Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on November 28, 2009
This receiver is nice and has some great features, many of which are missing on Amazon's description/tech. info:

- 3 HDMI inputs
- 3 optical audio inputs on the back
- 2 coaxial audio inputs
- 1 set of 7.1 analog audio inputs
- 4 banks of S-Video/Composite/Analog device inputs (2 with recording outputs for a VCR or DVR)
- 3 sets of component video inputs and 1 component video output
- Front panel analog inputs (composite video plus analog and optical audio)
- USB input for iPod and USB memory sticks
- THX Select2+

[...].

Don't know why Amazon's page is so sparse on this one, they're usually very good. It's a good receiver and today's sale price seems decent enough, but I can't imagine people buying it without knowing more about it first.
on March 28, 2010
I bought this on black Friday for $500 bucks and it was worth every penny. I complimented this receiver with Sony SA-VS350H 5.1/7.1-Channel Speaker Package (Black) for $450. Both of these items have gone up in price but if they go down get these. I play Xbox 360, WII, and watch a lot of movies. When playing Modern Warfare 2 it feels like I am in the battlefield. Also I can hear when someone if sneaking up behind me, which helps me get the kill. The only problem with this set in my television which is too small. I have a Samsung 32in 720p LCD that I bought 5 years ago and at the time it was big enough, but not anymore. So I finally convinced my wife to upgrade our tv and this week we have a Samsung50pn650 plasma coming to our house. So as long as the tv is not smashed or doesn't have the loud "buzzing" I will finally have my living room complete. So if your in the market for a great receiver this is it. It has plenty of connections HDMI, component, I Pod, and anything else you may want. It may not have the 3D ready but that technology is not ready for home yet anyways. Do you really want to wear those glasses, or pay for them at $150 a pop? And you cannot even lay down while watching tv, no way.
on December 5, 2009
I am replacing my Onkyo TR-500 (7-8 years old) with this one, because the old one does not have the latest technologies (HDMI, TrueHD etc...) What surprised me is not the latest tech, which I had expected to work, but the capability of adopting my old equipments. It can convert S-Video to 1080P HDMI, and the quality of the converted video is very good, when compared with direct S-Video input into my Samsung LCD TV. This also means, I only need one input, which is HDMI, into my TV. If your TV has HDMI output, you push only one button to switch your source!

The manual is available in
[...]

Cons:
The remote buttons are small. Once you've done your setup, you can pretty much forget about this remote.
on December 2, 2009
The vsx-9130 is the best receiver I have ever had. It outperforms the $1200 receiver I bought last year in every area. I would highly recommend at the under $600 price.
on January 24, 2010
Was better than I ever expected. Clarity is unbelievable. No matter how you use it, it is clear, especially when used in conjuntion with the TV.

Output is tremendous. I have a 5 speaker bose in one room and another two speaker bose in the bedroom and it is totally uniform.

The greatest thing is that it comes with a mike and you put it in the center of the listening area and it automatically sets all the speakers for you so that you have exact distribution.

Would definitely recommend to someone looking for power and clarity.

See 1 answered question