Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on October 1, 2007
Well - I see my view of the book doesn't line up with others' view. I have not used it as a design handbook, but more of a background info source.

I have used this book frequently to determine types of pipe to consider, details of types of pipe material etc. I use it to 'teach' young engineers. It has the best overview of material types, appropriate uses. It is the only source I have been able to find that lists all the ANSI / ASTM and other standards for various pipe types. It has good overviews of all types of piping (PVC / CPVC / Grey Iron / Ductile Iron etc etc etc). I don't know of anywhere else to get such a broad description of all this type of info.

It is not a design manual... but is unsurpassed for reference and background info... which is the reason I bought it.
on May 14, 2004
I was interesting in buying a professional publication relative to piping engineering and, by chance, I was able to borrow this book from a technical library before doing what can not be undone.
How disappointing !
An annoying verbiage prevails over pages after pages.
Few design guidelines, engineering calculations and good practice recommendations.
For instance, the section dealing with the water hammer phenomenon does not contain any equation !
Supports, insulation, valves, plastic and composite materials, ... are covered in far too general terms.
Even the reduced "dictionary alike" paper format leads to a bulky and difficult to read book where chapters are broken down in dozens of pages.
This book must be viewed as a general introduction to piping design engineering but definitively not as a practical reference for day-to-day design issues.
on April 2, 2005
Agonizing drawn out overview,with little depth.

Those in the trade,should try THE PIPE FITTERS BLUE BOOK.

aka,the pipe fitters bible.
on March 26, 2008
I, as a piping engineer have been often referencing to an ebook of this for the last two months and have just put an order of it since it is worth purchasing and keeping it. This book is worth to be called Piping Design Encyclopedia. It covers majority of piping engineering perspectives from stress analysis and material engineering to piping design. It does not scrutinize detail and complex calculations which are not necessary to most piping designers and engineers, but provides all the general information. This is perfect for piping general engineer or piping project engineer.
on April 23, 2007
Do not buy this book. I repeat, do not buy this book. This book is probably over a thousand pages thick but it's poorly organized and poorly written. I highly recommend the Navco Piping Datalog over this piece of garbage. The Navco book is only 240 pages but it's very useful if you are a piping engineer.

Actually, I use my Piping Handbook almost every day. It's not so bad as a foot rest.
on July 19, 2008
One more handbook that is almost useless.
Lots of words, but almost no meat.
Don't buy it: save your money.
on July 13, 2014
It looks great. Wish I had time to study it. Well, its on my shelf to study if I ever need to design a piping system.
on April 9, 2015
Great reference for piping components. It came in very handy as a quick reference for researching engineering issues.
on June 5, 2002
I Buy this book because needed references, general conditions and good practice to solve practical problems of pipes. However I meet with a tangled book, of little clarity and that in general it doesn't embrace the practical topics well referring a lot to the existent norms. Anyway it serves like support to the different norms to go developing a project but alone as reference and in any case like a book of easy access to solve problems on site or the day to day problems.
on April 10, 2009
Esattamente il libro che cercavo.
In un'unico testo tutto quello che serve per la progettazione piping.