Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 11, 2009
Pippi in the South Seas is a book with excitement and adventures popping up in every chapter. Pippi is a girl with amazing strength, but not manners. Her friends Tommy and Annika, live next door to Pippi's house, Villa Villekula, where she lives alone. Her father is a king of a remote island, and her mother is dead. Pippi does not go to school; she doesn't even have a job! Pippi lives off of her piles of gold around her house. The main adventure in this book comes with a letter. The letter is from Pippi's father asking her to come to his island. Ofcourse, she says yes. Tommy and Annika are distraught at the thought of Pippi leaving for so long, maybe even forever! Pippi gets permission from their parents to let them go. Tommy and Annika are so happy they get to go to the island with Pippi. When they get to the island they have tremendous amounts of fun, but also they have to fight burglars and sharks. Tommy, Pippi, and Annika are having lots of fun, but they are missing their home. Will Pippi and her friends ever return, or will they stay on the island forever? Read the book and use the Paces study guide to understand it. When I read this book I found this guide very helpful with its vocabulary, discussion, homework, and journals. The journals make you think about the events and understand them better. All in all, I think that this and the study guide is a very smart choice for a gift or just for yourself. Be prepared for adventures when you read Pippi in the South Seas.
on December 6, 2002
This was one of my favorite books growing up, and I just reread it before sending a copy to a friend's daughter for Christmas. Pippi's irrepressible spirit and good-hearted hijinks will delight readers young and old, and remind you that you're only as old as you feel -- so feel young, arrange a question-and-answer bee and sail off to Kurrekurredutt Island in the South Seas with Pippi Longstocking! (The inhabitants of Kurrekurredutt Island are referred to as "Kurrekurredutts" in the original 1959 edition of the book, not as "cannibals" as one reviewer mentioned. And the only reference to skin color describes how Pippi and her friends tan in the South Seas sun, making no differences at all between them and their Kurrekurredutt playmates.) A delightful book to read again and again!
on March 4, 2016
I forget which book it's in, but in one of the books, Pippi has a birthday, in which she turns nine years old. However, she is introduced to us as a nine-year-old girl. I don't understand Ms. Lindgren's writing, here. Pippi is either eight years old when the book starts or she is ten years old, after her birthday.
on January 1, 1999
Pippi In the South Seas continues the funny adventures of Pippi Longstocking. Most of the action in this fun filled sequel takes place on the island Kurrekurredutt. One day Pippi found a note in a bottle which said not to worry that her father will return on his ship the Hoptoad to bring her back to the island. This was sad for Pippi's friends Tommy and Annika, so they went along. When they all got to the island, Pippi was made Cannibal Princess. The exciting things that happen to them on the island make it hard for them to leave, but they return home to a late Christmas celebration.
on August 17, 2013
My daughter enjoyed this book quite a bit. I only gave it 4 stars because she liked the original Pippi book much better than this one, and it took her nearly a week to finish this. If she really loves a book, she'll read it in 1 day.
on March 11, 2000
This is my favorite Pippi Longstocking book because it takes Pippi from her home at Villa Villekulla into the exciting world of beaches, huts, cannibals, robbers, and pearls of the South Pacific! Over the years, some have complained that Mrs. Lindgren wrote the "cannibals" as being black, but believe me, she meant nothing by it. Her use of the word cannibal is only in a funny and exciting sense, not that they actually eat people. I can assure you that you won't find any part of the book offensive.
on April 9, 2013
I purchased these 3 Pippi books for my granddaughter who is a prolific reader. She read all 3 in one day and absolutely LOVED them! Received a precious thank you card just a few days later. I read all the Pippi books to my daughters when they were young. One even dressed as Pippi for Halloween one year. Used a coathanger for the brades. Good times.
on May 11, 2009
I truly loved the creativity and humor from the beginning to the end of Pippi in the South Seas by Astrid Lindgren. This story, about an irresistible girl with two red pony tails and lots of freckles, takes the reader on voyage to the exciting island of Kurrekurredutt. I especially liked Pippi's loyalty to her friends, her imagination, charm, and wit. This story of wonder teaches children and adults to always help others and keep imagining. Undoubtedly, the PACES PAideia Study Guide for this book helped me understand the story better. The Parent Questions and Homework Questions in the Study Guide gave my mother and me good ideas to talk about. The Journals made me write about Pippi in my own words. As an eleven year old, I found this book extremely entertaining.
on October 3, 2013
I bought this book for 8 year old granddaughter because I had read the series when I was her age and I wanted to share with her. She was so happy to have "chapter" book to read with her dad at home. They have to read a chapter each night for school. I will be adding to her collection.
on October 11, 2006
I give this book 5 stars because it is interesting, funny, and silly.

My favorite character was Pippi because she is silly and crazy. My favorite part was when Pippi and her friends were playing marbles in a cave. They were using pearls as their marbles. Two thieves came and tried to steal the pearls from the cave. Pippi thought they wanted to use them for marbles too so she told them to go to a store to get real marbles!

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes being silly.