Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pippi's Extraordinary Ordinary Day
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 24, 2010
My 8 year old had to read Pippi Longstocking for school. She loved it, so I decided to buy other books about Pippi Longstocking. I bought Pippi's Extraordinary Ordinary Day and Pippi Goes to the Circus from Amazon. Both of these books, however, have the same message at the top of the copyright page: "The text to this book has been excerpted, with Astrid Lindgren's assistance, from two chapters in Pippi Longstocking." The two excerpted books are much better illustrated than the original Pippi Longstocking, but after having already read the original all my daughter did was quickly look through these books at the pictures and never touched them again. The bottom line is that these books are not worth having if you have the original book, Pippi Longstocking.
on December 4, 2007
i thought i'd found a pippi we hadn't read before, but this is merely a (more heavily illustrated) excerpt from the original "pippi"--which can be had in its entirety for the same price!
on January 18, 2013
On a recent trip to Sweden, I bought my 5 year old granddaughter a small Pippi Longstocking doll, but books were no where! I was happy to find this one on Amazon. The story is typical Pippi, all silliness to capture the attention of another little red haired girl.
on December 30, 2015
All of these books are 32 pages. The content is exactly one chapter from the original book. The wonderful thing is that the books are covered in wonderful pictures, the font is large and are therefore accessible to younger, advanced readers.
on September 14, 2009
This is a great read for all ages, I read all three in the series to my daughter when she was 6 and she loved them. It is great to have a female character who is so outrageous, the antics she gets up to are so funny. An astoundingly good book, get it now.
on August 2, 2008
I bought this book for my niece aged 8 who is also a bookworm in her own domain. She enjoyed it thoroughly and goes back for a chapter or 2 from time to time "just to live in that world for a while" in her own words.
on May 27, 2010
I purchased the original Pippi Longstocking book for my twins and they became big fans, They find the stories to be funny and the characters have captured their imagination. We are gradually working our way through all the books.This has been on of their favourites.
on September 18, 2014
Not for a younger child. My 4 year old was bored and told me to stop reading the book, which she has NEVER done. The story just didn't capture her attention. Will try it again when she is older.
on January 19, 2016
my 7 year old loves Pippi. Some words are challenging, which I appreciate--- she understands the over all book content perfectly.
on March 4, 2014
And this book was no exception. The pictures really helped her read along with the story and keep her interest at this age.