5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality; Great for Pistachio Ice Cream
For homemade pistachio ice cream, I wanted to oven-toast my own fresh pistachios. Locally, I couldn't find any raw pistachios, in or out of the shell--only unsalted, already-roasted, in-the-shell pistachios.

Published on April 18, 2012 by Lynne E.

2.0 out of 5 stars Chinese pistachios
Published 17 months ago by M. Hockaday

2.0 out of 5 stars Chinese pistachios, July 26, 2013
M. Hockaday (Houston, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pistachios Shelled Raw Unsalted, 2Lbs - We Got Nuts (Misc.)
When I placed this order I had no idea these pistachios were from China. When I received email confirmation of the order I noticed a 4 week shipping time and tried to cancel the order, but they had shipped. After 4 weeks I received them from China packaged in cheap black vinyl. The big problem is the taste. They don't taste like any pistachios I have eaten previously. They just taste strange, not inedible, but not what I wanted. I notice the seller was Moyishi, and that different sellers fulfill this particular item, so beware any Moyishi pistachios!

2.0 out of 5 stars Raw pistachio nuts not as described., December 20, 2012
steve m (las vegas, nevada United States) - See all my reviews
These nuts were promptly shipped, but they were hopelessly stale when received. They were in a cellpophane package that did not indicate the country of origin. The nuts were predominently brown, as if they had been roasted, and they had a strong astringent taste to them. I just could not eat more than a few, so I discarded the remainder.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pistachios are salted!!, July 21, 2013
These are supposed to be raw and unsalted pistachios. They are definitely salted which makes me wonder if they are actually raw. I was very disappointed that these are not what they are advertised to be on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality; Great for Pistachio Ice Cream, April 18, 2012

These raw, unsalted, Bayside Candy pistachios are perfect for my needs. The quality is excellent--the pistachios are fresh, uniformly plump, good-tasting. Better yet, I don't have to get out the nutcracker and shell the nuts (some pistachio shells are stubborn to crack). I freeze the 2-lb. bag of shelled pistachios, then thaw and toast the pistachios in small quantities as they're needed. For pistachio ice cream, I use the recipe from The Best Ice Cream Maker Cookbook Ever.

The pistachios are packed in two individually sealed plastic bags. The price (before shipping) compares quite favorably to the price in my locality for unsalted, roasted-in-the-shell pistachios. Because I don't need the shells for recycling or composting, I'm really happy to buy the shelled pistachios in bulk, and pay for nothing but the nutmeats.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love pistachios you will really go nuts over these., April 18, 2012
These nuts were absolutely incredible. They had a perfect crunch and the flavor knocks you over. Sometimes raw nuts can be bland , but not these. Next time I will order more than 2 pounds. I used them in smoothies , in salads and chopped them to add to my husband's paleo cereal. They are also delicious when lightly toasted and sprinkled in with veggie or meat dishes. Shipper got them to me very quickly!

2.0 out of 5 stars bland and dry, November 11, 2012
I bought these pistachios hoping they were high enough quality to make nut butter. I have made delicious, dark, rich pistachio butter in the past, but these nuts made very dry nut butter that was only okay. They're probably just very low in oil, but there wasn't much flavor either. There isn't any risk of overeating these nuts or the nut butter. I had previously bought some raw pistachios at Sunflower/Sprouts market of the same quality at a lower price. These nuts are mediocre at best.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stale and bits of shells, May 9, 2013
The pistachio's were purchased to make pistachio fudge.
Due to the staleness of the pistachio's the flavor didn't really come through.
Also when though the pistachio's were ground , there were little bits of shell that were not realized until
we started to eat the fudge.

The pistachio's were disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very bad Pistachio, May 6, 2014
I bough 2 packages of 2 Lbs, I am very upset of what I got, it look old and smell, I can not use it even I clean it with water or use many ways, How can this seller sent me as bad old stuff, don't buy any product from this seller or WEGOTNUT.COM. I loose all my money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yummmm...but watch out for small shell pieces, April 16, 2014
Overall I am very pleased with the pistachios. The only issue to mention is I have two small children who I also like to feed nuts, but I found some small pieces of shell in a few of my own bites. When I give them a portion I just have to sift through to make sure they aren't getting any.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tasted Like … Nothing, April 11, 2014
These nuts have crunch, but no taste! I even compared them, tastewise, to a few pistachios I had left over (raw, shells-on) from the supermarket, & the supermarket pistachios were fine. I have never eaten pistachios as lousy as these. If this company wants
me to send them back, I will do so (they will owe me the postage), or I will throw these nuts on the compost pile--either way, I want my money back. Outrageous!