Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Format: Blu-rayChange

on January 22, 2013
I'm not a Ron Swanson, but I am a beer drinking, boot wearing, steak eating Die Hard loving guy. In other words, I was pretty much not the target audience for this film. But enough of my lady friends convinced me to give it a shot. I got these girls into Sons of Anarchy and Spartacus: Blood and Sand respectively so I figured I owed it to them to take their word.

I loved this film for a variety of reasons. I remember seeing the trailer and rolling my eyes and assuming it was some kind of terrible Glee era product trying to capitalize on the success. And honestly it could have been, but that still didn't detract from my enjoyment.

First, so far as I can tell this is an original script/film etc. And whether that's good or bad doesn't detract from my appreciation. So already points for being something new, even if the story is as predictable as you can kind of guess it is. But I've seen Die Hard tons of times. It's about the journey not the destination.

And Pitch Perfect's journey is great. You all know the story, Beca (Anna Kendrick) joins a fledgling college Accapella group and they go to finals. But it's charming, sweet, witty, and the music is actually pretty good. Special mention again to Anna Kendrick who is a FANTASTIC singer, I was very blown away. Gorgeous voice.

It's a very fun and enjoyable film and I actually wanna see it again. I'm not the target audience but it still hit a home run in my book. Great film that leaves you in a good mood.
66 comments382 of 402 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2012
If you read a synopsis of Pitch Perfect, it just sounds like your typical rom-com, coming-of-age, singing movie; but I swear to you it's not. After being forced to see it by my stepbrother and his girlfriend, I was very, very pleasantly surprised. Pitch Perfect is probably one of my favorite movies ever now. As soon as the credits started rolling I knew I was in love and I needed to see it again. So I did, a week later. The music was aca-mazing! The soundtrack is absolutely off the charts! I am obsessed! My favorite song from it is the Bellas finals. The plot was a bit cliché, but good. The acting wasn't fantastic, but the goal here clearly wasn't to try and get nominated for an Oscar. They just wanted us to like the movie, and I more than liked it, so they succeeded.

Anna Kendrick played Beca, an amateur DJ who wants nothing more than to leave college and move to Los Angeles, causing her to be miserable all the time and shutting out everyone who cares about her. Her main love interest Jesse, played by Skylar Astin (Ugh, I just melted when I said his name), is everything a charming college boy should be. Plus, he can sing. He tries to bond with Beca and sweep her off her feet, but she just shuts him out. This causes Jesse's heart to break and every girl in America to get tears in their eyes. Needless to say, I fell in love with him. Brittany Snow and Anna Camp were hilarious as the Bella's head voices; and Elizabeth Banks and John Michael Higgins were scene-stealers playing the commentators for the competitions. But, no one (not even Skylar) stole the show like Rebel Wilson did as Fat Amy. I won't say anything else. Go see Pitch Perfect!
66 comments265 of 299 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2012
Definitely a PG-13 flick, this over-the-top story of a talented DJ who discovers the Accapella Diva within is well worth adding to the DVD library. Crazy talented men and women, some sweet relationship development and just enough raunchiness from the ladies to to keep any viewer on their toes, this is a movie that one will watch over and over and over again. Sure, it's a movie with a bunch of pretty people set at a college that looks nothing like reality, but hey . . . stranger things have been made believable on the silver screen.
55 comments113 of 143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2015
I really enjoyed this movie! I have recently seen Pitch Perfect II and loved it!
review image review image review image
22 comments19 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2015
I didn't just love this movie because I'm a female but because I'm a female that likes some modern musicals. And this was funny as hell. This movie was really funny. Any movie with Rebel Wilson will dominate and also Anna Kendrick is amazing. She was great in End of Watch although a slight role, she definately picks it up and knocks it out of the park in this movie. Rent it and turn your soundbar up, you will be sucked in by the music even if you will never admit it !!!
review image
on October 29, 2012
Laughs is what sets this "misfit saves the day" singing movie apart from other teen and/or singing movies. Laughs and a satiric wit ably presented by an engaging cast. KIDS FIRST! Film Critic Victoria B, calls it "surprisingly really funny" and says she intends to watch it over again - which is also surprising as she shares that this type of movie is not usually one that's for her.

Pitch Perfect
Reviewed by Victoria B
Video reviews may be found at kidsfirst dot org

I went to see Pitch Perfect and it is surprisingly really funny. I do not usually like musical types of movies, but this one was one of the best.

At first I thought that this movie would be one of the ones with random outbreaks of song, but this movie has a nice storyline and it is funny. The singing is amazing. Plus, since the move is about an a capella group, it is interesting and kind of impressive to see the actors make the track to the music with their voices.

This movie is about Beca (Anna Kendrick), a girl who wants more than anything to be a music producer but her dad makes her go to college first. Finally, her dad says that if she goes to college for a year, joins a club and really tries her best, he will let her drop out and go to California. This gives her some incentive to do well in school and join the Barden Bellas, the school's all-girl a capella group.

The Bellas' arch rival is the all-boys group, the Trebles. Beca starts to fall for a member of the Trebles, Jesse (Skylar Astin), which is forbidden by the Bellas' uptight leader, Aubrey (played by Anna Camp). The Bellas are old-fashioned and Beca is tired of it so she quits, then she rejoins and makes the Bellas better than ever, new, and ready to win. Whether they win against the Trebles is a mystery that you'll have to watch to find out.

I love this movie, and the characters are very eclectic to say the least. My favorite character is Fat Amy because she's hilarious and says whatever is on her mind, and it shows because she calls herself "Fat" Amy. I absolutely love this movie and will definitely be watching it repeatedly.

I give it five out of five stars because I like that the actors can sing well, and the way that they make the music track with their voices is amazing. I recommend this movie for anyone who likes music and comedy, because together it is a great combination. I like that the movie is not just about the singing and that it has a good storyline as well. I recommend this movie for ages mature 12 and up because the movie has some foul language but overall is a good movie.
0Comment58 of 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon December 18, 2012
This film will never be considered "great" cinema, but it's sure fun to watch. In the industry, these are called "popcorn films," with good reason. Lots of really, really good music by a talented cast, and a bit of a love story as well. Suspend your disbelief, get some snacks together, and have a great evening. Heck, the "cups" number is worth the price of admission! And Fat Amy? You gotta love her.
on December 7, 2013
Love this move and so does my daughter, got it for her for Christmas. We will have ours of fun watching it together. The price was great. Quick shipping no waiting in line to pay or looking all over for a copy
on January 2, 2013
I loved this movie soo much. The songs were great, probably even better than the original artists themselves. I am going to buy this movie and watch it all the time. I gave it 5 stars because I loved every part of it, and it was hilarious and almost made me pee myself, it was so funny. I love the voices and the story and the cute guys and this movie is just amazing. It was 'pitch perfect!'
0Comment41 of 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2013
You won't be able to get the songs out of your head for weeks!!!! Addicting!!! Have already recommended to several friends :)
0Comment13 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse