Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now HTL

Format: Audio CDChange

on December 12, 2012
This soundtrack is fantastic, as is the film, but the soundtrack is unfortunately missing the song from one of my favourite moments in the movie - the shower duet of Titanium is NOT on this soundtrack-- a huge shame as it is an amazing version of the song.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2012
I was excited to get the soundtrack. I was disappointed that the 'No Diggity' part in the soundtrack is NOT the version from the movie - which I think is much better. It almost sticks out like a sore thumb during the entire riff-off track. Major bummer!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2013
This album contains all the elements I expected, and I got what I bought. However, there are certainly flaws. Most notably the fact that 'Titanium' and the song they performed at the rave are not included. Also (But not surprisingly) none of Becca's remixes were included and in my own humble opinion they were perfect. If you need a short dose of pitch slap. This is a perfect album for you. I personally recommend the special edition as it includes my favorite song in the entire movie 'F You'.

1.Don't Stop the Music- One of the catchiest songs (As it was on the radio when Rihanna did it) and from the first scene it's an album standout.
2.Let it Whip- Another song by the Treblemakers performed on campus as they were trying to gain new recruits. If you didn't like it in the movie, you won't like it here. It's old soul in without the soul. Not my favorite.
3.Since You Been Gone- Sadly not the hot mess of the auditions, but the cleaned up version featuring the Black Beauty and Skylar Astin. Still catchy as all get out.
4.Cups- I didn't know how I felt about this song from Becca's auditions, but I think it's charming now.
5.Riff Off- An eclectic array of Madonna, Pat Benatar, and a list of chart toppers it's like the movie certainly not a normal way of mashing songs. One thing to note is that Becca's `No Diggity' is given additional backing vocals to make up for her awkward intro.
6.Bellas Regionals- Loved it in the movie and one of the songs I play the most. There's nothing different about it, although Rebel Wilson's voice is heard through out and makes me quite happy.
7.Right Round- A great cover of Flo Rida's hit. It's quite catchy.
8.Pool Mashup- This is the only way I can stand to listen to these two songs (Bruno Mar's Just the Way You Are and Just a Dream) whoever did this arrangement did an amazing job at it.
9.Party in the U.S.A.- If you don't like Miley Cyrus's version it's doubtful you'll like this version, luckily it's barely a minute long.
10.Trebles Finals- It's not bad, but compared to Cee Lo Green's soulful vocals on `Bright Lights, Bigger City' it hardly stands up. Once, it gets into Magic, however it really picks up and is quite nice.
11.Bellas Finals- I couldn't begin to pick all the songs they put into this mashup, but I like it. If it is a little excessive at times.
12.Toner- Sadly this is not one of Becca's remixes as I thought when I started listening to it. It is instead just instrumentals from the movie. Not quite sure why it's on here.
13.F*** You- Not the Cee Lo Green song, but instead one by the Sockapellas it's eclectic bashing to racists and over all bring me downs. It's important to know this song does not swear or is explicit in anyway despite its name.
14.Blame It on the Boogie- You might remember the soulful group that beat out the Bellas in the Semi Regionals, well this is there song. I can't stand the lead singers voice, so not a song I play. However, most people like it and thankfully it is a under a minute.
15.The Final Countdown- A song by the Hullabahoos I don't remember any individual group performing it, but I remember the songs usage in the movie. It's a great adaptation, it makes me sad that it's barely over a minute.
16.Open Season- A song with instrumental backing by the High Highs (Not the High Notes) it's an actual song with vocals and pianos. It's nice and I vaguely recall it's use in the movie, and I'm not quite sure why it's included on the soundtrack. However that doesn't stop it from being an incredible, nice, and wonderful song. I'm glad they included it. It makes a nice closer.
on October 3, 2012
awesome mash-up mixes and so was the movie..

i wish the mash-up mixes lasted longer than one minute. they should have extended mixes just for the soundtrack.
on January 8, 2013
Some songs are the same and true to the movie, while other songs (Cups, for example), are different versions. There is a slightly annoying echo to the vocals in the songs - almost like autotune was used. The singers in the movie can stand on their own and I was happier with the movie version of the soundtrack. Bottom line is if you like the songs but aren't particular about vocal quality, you will be happy with this soundtrack. If you enjoy the vocals in the movie and want a soundtrack more true to the movie, then you probably won't like this.
on January 9, 2013
LOVE the movie, LOVE the soundtrack! The only downside (in my perspective) is that they didn't record "Titanium". Other than that, it is PURE PERFECTION!
on October 18, 2012
Yes, the a cappella arrangements that the groups sing in this movie are the highlight...and they're all here. But I was so excited to get my hands on some of the other great music from the movie: like Becca's remixes! Awesome stuff that should have been included! This could have been a much more well-rounded "fun beats" collection of songs. As it stands it's just a highlights collection of the singing groups. These songs however are still great.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2012
I thought that the music was so brilliantly put together, I've been playing the music from this soundtrack non stop for days already! Get this soundtrack, you truly won't regret it.
on February 26, 2013
If you loved the movie, you'll love the soundtrack. Be warned though, some of the songs on the soundtrack are slightly different than how they are in the movie, which in some/most cases is a good thing. Like for "Lit it Whip" you get to hear the whole song. In the movie, they were talking over most of it. "Since You've Been Gone" is quite a bit different becasue it replaces the campy parts where the "bad" singers sang. I chose the deluxe version over the "standard" version for the couple of extra songs. For a few dollars more, it is worth it. One of the reviewers said that the songs were just "snippets" of songs. Not true. In most cases, the songs on the soundtrack are either full versions, or much longer than the versions that appeared in the movie.
VINE VOICEon January 23, 2013
First off, the songs on this cd are not the same versions as those from the movie.

Second, this soundtrack is extremely short, under 30 min. If you're looking for expanded versions of the songs in the film, this isn't it. In many cases the songs are actually shorter than the ones in the movie

Just not what I was looking for really.