Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

100%
Format: Hardcover|Change

on February 24, 2001
This was my favorite book when I was a young child. My mother says that I demanded that she read it to me every night. It's about a kitten who doesn't fit in with the other kittens, so he goes around the farm seeing if he'd be a better duck, chicken, etc. But he nearly drowns when the ducks go swimming (the ducks save him), and so on. In the end he comes home and is happy to be a kitten with his family. Looking back now that I'm 41, Pitschi's adventures symbolize much of my life. It's surprising to think that when I was 3 I must have had some idea of the future "story of my life."
Review by Thomas David Kehoe, author of "Hearts and Minds: How Our Brains Are Hardwired for Relationships"
on June 7, 2007
This is a lovely, gentle children's story. The story is of a little kitten that wishes she were something other than a kitten. As she tries to act like different animals she learns a lesson about the value of being who she is. The illustrations are simple and engaging and the ending is happy for everyone.
on September 22, 2012
My grandmother would collect me and a few books from the library every Friday for our weekends together. This is one of my fondest memories. Upon returning the book, I was devastated. I demanded a kitten and it was to be named Pitschi...which she was promptly named. I had Pitschi for almost 18 years and once again I was left devastated. I have photos of my beloved pet and a tattered crayon covered photocopied version of "Pitschi." Oh, I have also invested in a hardcover.
on April 28, 2013
This warm-hearted, really beautifully drawn children's book is pitch-perfect in every way possible. I love it love it love it!
on November 24, 2014
As Swiss it's our favorite birthday party present here in the US. It always reminds me at my grandparents' house: even my parents had this book at home - a Swiss classic. And my 3y old just loves the story!!!
on April 21, 2011
My mother gave me this book as a young child and it instantly became my favorite. Somehow, during a move, I "lost" the book. Some 20 years later, in a used book store, in a dark corner on the bottom of a shelf, I spotted a familiary book spine. IT WAS PITSCHI -- my husband thought I was crazy when I picked it up and squealed with delight.

I've passed this book on to my daughters and they have all loved it. We can all relate to Pitschi at some point in our lives - both young and old. This book has a very special place in our home and heart.
on April 2, 2013
very clever book. portrays kindness for others, happiness found in caring.
was one of my daughter's favorite books as child....so happy to find it available for her little girl too!!
on July 17, 2014
My favorite book as a child. Love the illustrations.