The Pitsco 25401 BilliBot Robot Kit provides students in grades 6-12 a hands-on activity to build and operate a remote-controlled servo robot that demonstrates the scientific concepts of force, Newton's laws of motion, and robotics, and it includes all materials for constructing and controlling the robot in classroom experiments and demonstrations. The kit includes plastic frame parts, wheels, adjustable servo arms, a ball bearing roller, washers, spacers, screws, nylon locknuts, two continuous rotation servos, a standard servo, a six-channel R/C transmitter, a receiver, a 4.8V NiCad rechargeable battery pack, a battery charger, and instructions. Its acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) plastic frame provides durability and stability during classroom demonstrations. ABS plastic is rigid and resists impact, abrasion, and heat. The BilliBot Robot Kit reinforces engineering, technology, and math concepts as students build and operate a remote-controlled servo robot. A robot kit is typically used in an educational or hobby setting to demonstrate robotics and physics.
Assembly requires medium and small Phillips screwdrivers, a 1/4-inch wrench, a 5/16-inch wrench, and a pair of pliers (all sold separately).
Science education products incorporate applied math and science principles into classroom and homeschool-based projects. Teachers in pre-K, elementary, and secondary classrooms use science education kits and products alongside science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) curriculum to demonstrate STEM concepts and real-world applications through hands-on activities. Science education projects include a broad range of activities, such as practical experiments in engineering, aeronautics, robotics, energy, chemistry, physics, biology, and geology.
Pitsco Education develops K-12 science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) curriculum, educational kits, and classroom tools. The company, founded in 1971, is headquartered in Pittsburg, KS.
What’s in the Box?
- ABS plastic frame parts (3)
- Adjustable servo arms (2)
- Wheels (2)
- Ball bearing roller
- #4 x 1/4-inch flat washers (3)
- #6-32 x 1-1/4-inch standoffs (8)
- #6-32 x 3/4-inch machine screws (2)
- #4-40 x 1/2-inch machine screw (1)
- #4-40 x 3/8-inch machine screws (7)
- #4-40 x 5/8-inch machine screws (2)
- #4-40 nylon locknuts (10)
- #4 x 3/8-inch sheet metal screw (1)
- #6 x 3/8-inch flat washers (4)
- #6-32 x 1/4-inch machine screws (16)
- #6-32 nylon locknuts (4)
- Continuous rotation servos with pre-installed #2 x 5/16-inch black servo horn screws (2)
- Standard servo with pre-installed #2 x 5/16-inch black servo horn screws (1)
- Six-channel R/C transmitter
- 4.8V NiCad rechargeable battery pack
- Battery charger