The Pitsco 34111 Laser-Cut Basswood T-Bot II Getting Started Package includes the 34245 Laser-Cut Basswood T-Bot II Hydraulic Arm 10-pack and 34122 T-Bot II Video DVD and provides students in grades 6-12 a hands-on activity to work in pairs to build a hydraulic robot that demonstrates the scientific concepts of axes and levers, force, and Newton's laws of motion. The kit includes basswood parts and 34502 HD Bond II glue required to build the robot, and also includes syringes and tubing for implementing four hydraulic controls. It includes laser-cut basswood parts, syringes, wood dowels, screws, O-rings, nylon spacers, a plastic straw, clear plastic tubing, hook-and-loop fastener, a rubber band, a resealable plastic bag, and instructions. The T-Bot II illustrates how axes and levers work for students studying simple machines, and it demonstrates hydraulic power and simple robotics for students studying mechanical concepts. The kit reinforces engineering, technology, and math concepts as students build and test a hydraulic robot. The finished T-Bot II measures 12 inches at its tallest point. A hydraulic robot is typically used in an educational setting to demonstrate mechanics, robotics, and physics.
The T-Bot II Video DVD demonstrates how to build the T-Bot II with step-by-step instructions and introduces principles of mechanics. The NTSC format video is 38 minutes long and closed captioned for the hearing impaired.
Construction requires a screwdriver, scissors, a glue gun, and glue slugs (all sold separately).
Science education products incorporate applied math and science principles into classroom and homeschool-based projects. Teachers in pre-K, elementary, and secondary classrooms use science education kits and products alongside science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) curriculum to demonstrate STEM concepts and real-world applications through hands-on activities. Science education projects include a broad range of activities, such as practical experiments in engineering, aeronautics, robotics, energy, chemistry, physics, biology, and geology.
Pitsco Education develops K-12 science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) curriculum, educational kits, and classroom tools. The company, founded in 1971, is headquartered in Pittsburg, KS.
What’s in the Box?
- 34122 T-Bot II Video DVD
- 34245 Laser-Cut Basswood T-Bot II Hydraulic Arm 10-pack
- Laser-cut basswood sheets (3 per robot)
- 6ml syringes (8 per robot)
- 1-1/8-inch dowel (1 per robot)
- 1-1/2-inch dowel (1 per robot)
- 1-3/4-inch dowels (4 per robot)
- 2-inch dowels (3 per robot)
- 2-1/2-inch dowel (1 per robot)
- 3/8-inch screws (8 per robot)
- 1/2-inch screws (2 per robot)
- O-rings (2 per robot)
- Nylon spacers (2 per robot)
- Plastic straw (1 per robot)
- 8 feet of clear tubing (1 per robot)
- Strip of hook-and-loop fastener (1 per robot)
- Rubber band (1 per robot)
- Resealable plastic bag (1 per robot)
- 2-ounce bottles of 34502 HD Bond II glue (5)