4.0 out of 5 stars Yum but um...
UPDATE: The author read my recommendations and sent me a revision of this book addressing my suggestions below. The book is definitely vastly improved, much easier to work with, and downright enticing. Go for it.

==============
Published 22 months ago by Diane Kistner

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay
As an experienced cook there wasn't much that was new for me but it would be good for a beginner.
Published 10 months ago by Cher812

4.0 out of 5 stars Yum but um..., November 21, 2012

==============
Okay, first what I like about this book. There is a good variety of different kinds of pizzas, and the photos will make you salivate for sure. I can't spend more than a few minutes with this book without really getting a Jones for pizza. The pizza ingredients themselves are pretty simple and well laid out, so even the recipe phobic (like me) should have no problem. The table of contents is active in both directions, going to the specific pizza recipe and back to the contents. But the book suffers from all the repetitive "dough" sections and the fact that going to a recipe lands you on the recipe itself, with the name of the recipe on the previous page.

This book could be vastly improved by doing two things:

(1) Code each pizza recipe to begin on a new page in the html (using the custom tag <mbp:pagebreak> right before each TOC-tagged recipe title) so when people click on a recipe in the contents, they are reassured that their click has taken them to the recipe they selected.

(2) Get rid of the "For the DOUGH" sections for each pizza. As far as I can tell, it's just boilerplate copied over and over that interferes with the clear presentation of the recipes themselves.

Some of the recipes actually call for store-bought pizza dough, so why include a section on making the dough from scratch? Do an introductory chapter that says, essentially, you have a choice of store-bought dough or dough made from scratch, and here's the basic way to make it from scratch. If there are slight differences in making the dough at the kneading stage (say, adding in some kind of special herb or oil), then include the deviation under the specific pizza recipe with an instruction "To the basic dough, add..." and include a link back to the basic dough how-to.

It's a good book, and certainly worth its price. It could be a better book with these changes.

5.0 out of 5 stars if you love pizza....., November 16, 2012
This review is from: Pizza Recipes 101: Modern Pizza Recipes (Kindle Edition)
If you love pizza then check out these recipes. These are so creative and fun. I never thought of putting grapes on a pizza until I read this book, but that is just one of many variations. Chicago Style Pizza, BBQ Chicken Pizza the list is endless. From traditional to unique you will never be bored. The instructions are easy to follow and the results of delicious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificient, November 14, 2012
This review is from: Pizza Recipes 101: Modern Pizza Recipes (Kindle Edition)
If you're looking for an incredible pizza recipe then stop here. These pizza recipes are mouth watering. I was looking for recipe books when I end up with this. It is a very detailed and informative book, which when followed step by step will result in perfect pizzas. I love this pizza book and my kids love my pizza!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pizza, January 3, 2013
This review is from: Pizza Recipes 101: Modern Pizza Recipes (Kindle Edition)
My son owns a pizzeria and thought this will give some different ideas for pizza. He has and excellent crust recipe. This gives more creative ideas for toppings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern Pizza Recipes, November 26, 2012
This review is from: Pizza Recipes 101: Modern Pizza Recipes (Kindle Edition)
I rarely write any review on Amazon for anything but something's are worth commenting on, and this is definitely one of them. If you love pizza's like I do then this is a must get for your recipe collection. What I found to be nice about this pizza book is the dough was really easy to follow and had a great finishing taste. Sometimes with different pizza recipes the dough can be rubbery or sometimes leave a dry taste in your mouth. In Kirk recipes there's a nice combination of wheat, white and cornmeal forming a nice blend and creating a near perfect dough for me.

Nicely enough as well, some of his recipes also seemed more on the healthier side. I'm not a nutritionist by any means so please don't quote me on this, it's just what I saw and really liked

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Love it! Love it!, December 4, 2012
J. Seib (Oakville, On Canada) - See all my reviews
Length:: 1:15 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars Family Meal, November 15, 2012
This review is from: Pizza Recipes 101: Modern Pizza Recipes (Kindle Edition)
I am a Mom always looking for ways to make meals interesting. This is beautifully illustrated and easy to follow making my job easier and my son can choose his pizza that fits his craving. This book changes the way pizza is done in my kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the right pizza book, November 12, 2012
This review is from: Pizza Recipes 101: Modern Pizza Recipes (Kindle Edition)
I've tried different pizza recipe books and they all seem to share one common thing; most or all the recipes seem to have the same dough with different toppings. However when I came upon pizza recipes 101 I was pleasantly surprised by the varying recipes with different dough types. I love this book and never regretted buying it. Its a must get for any pizza lover

1.0 out of 5 stars STUPID RECIPES, January 10, 2014
This review is from: Pizza Recipes 101: Modern Pizza Recipes (Kindle Edition)
Not much to be happy with here...at least I just borrowed for free...a lot of unprofessional writing and not many good recipes,only one crust recipe...Well two counting the deep dish ..just disappointing!

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, November 23, 2013