Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 6, 2013
This has been a landmark week for the refined fan of real R&B. Three truly spectacular albums add to what has already been a great summer and one of the best years for music in years!!! Raheem DeVaughn's A Place Called Loveland is a place you can go and enjoy over and over again. It's an album so sensual, you can't help but drown in it.

The album goes almost like a rollercoaster where there's a nice buildup to the top and then takes your breath away as it plunges you deep in an ocean of pure bliss. The first few songs seems like a back and forth (break up and make up) section that Raheem places with a girl in songs like Love Connection, Wrong Forever and Complicated. Then with one of my favorites he figures out how badly that girl wants him and tells her to keep her 'love' corked on In The Meantime. A very nice groove that I love with the symbols and chimes(xylophone) drizzled in the background. Ridiculous, a song saying that people can call me a fool for what I feel for you and I don't mind, helps set up 30-35 minutes of what can be pure ecstacy for bedrooms. Pink Crush Velvet...'love', uncorked! Feels like a Prince influence, singing is almost like he screams out how much he wants that velvet to rain all over him. Wow! The braggadocious Greatest Love says you ain't never felt a love like this in stamina, passion, foreplay, climax and aftermath. Mad confident, are we? LOL. But it's a song to help slip from sensual into getting downright nasty with the sound relying on some heavy hip hop bass and edge. Cry Baby switches back as he says giving it to you so good, be crying tears of joy by the time all is said and done. Make A Baby finishes this part of the ride off as it sounds like he's ready for the finish to plant a seed. This whole section is the part you just sit back and enjoy the ride in more ways than one. Make 'Em Like You again brings that Prince sound as he rides heavy drums, guitars and piano to shoutout those precious finds in women you better lock down if you catch. Happy is a nice interlude that leads into a great duet which brings out his jazz background in Maker Of Love with Boney James. Describing the perfect woman in his eyes coming from a higher creator, he teams up exceptionally with Boney James' sax playing make it sound oh so heavenly. You Saved Me and True Love polish off the ride on the deluxe version and brings an ending that makes you want to go back to get on again & again.

Justin said he was bringing sexy back some years ago. Well this week we have seen intimacy, spiritually and sensuality brought back. All because of Jaheim, John Legend, and of course, Raheem DeVaughn. This and the other two albums add to the fact that got the kid-in-a-candy-store feel right now. All this great music this year TRULY has been a pleasure! From JT to Kelly Rowland, India Arie to Joe, TGT and now these three artists. As far as this album, I have no doubt when you pay your cost of admission(buying the album) you will enjoy the ride to the fullest! This CD (along with those others) are sure to have bedrooms on fire for years to come! May have to give your local fire department a call...Haha. Enjoy!
on September 3, 2013
I had the pleasure of pre-viewing this CD all weekend on Pandora Premieres and I am so excited that there are artist who still make "Grown Folk Music". Like I said when I purchased my Joe CD...You know you have a great CD when you don't have to skip not ONE SONG!! Don't have a favorite because all of the songs are great! I'm telling you, these young cats out here making music better take note, otherwise they will not be around too long...REAL TALK. It's not always about how good you are in bed...sometimes you have to show your appreciation for your loved ones too.
on September 3, 2013
If you are a fan of real R&B music you will love this cd. Old school love songs, with a modern day twist.
on September 4, 2013
On his fourth CD in his eight year carrer, Raheem decided to go the indie route and the results work to his favor. Raheem had been talking this album for at least the past year and the wait was well worth it. By now you've heard the radio and buzz singles Love Connection, Ridiculous and the Boney James assited Maker Of Love. While the singles are good, Raheem excels on the album tracks in particular Complicated & Pink Crush Velvet both of which flow like a smooth conganc. In addition three consecutive tracks "Dear Love Queen" (featuring Dru Hill's Larry "Jazz" Anthony), "Cry Baby," and "Make a Baby. during the latter half are among the singer's best slow jams. If I had one complimant about this album it would be the auto tune syled production on Greatest Love, Make Em Like You and In the Meantime, however there is more HITS than misses on this album. All in all this is an EXCLLENT album for the bedroom and the grown and sexy crowd.
on September 5, 2013
Yasssss!!!!!! I so love this man. He brings it EACH & EVERY TIME. He never dissapoints. It's relaxing, SEXY, laid-back, Neo-soul @ it's best. It clearly takes you on a nice ride away from all the day-to-day B.S.! It's a MUST HAVE in your rotation. My stand-outs are the ENTIRE album!!!! Great MUSIC, no chaser!
on September 7, 2013
Wow. Raheem is getting better with each album. I wasn't expecting the CD to be so X rated but its not nasty or ratchet. Its very sexy without being too over the top, he does take it there once with "Cry baby" but its still not bad compared to other songs you hear on the radio these days. Top 5:

5. Complicated - I can relate to this song to the "T" Its hard being hard to be in this situation and I love how he speaks on this.

4. In The Meantime - Wow, he sings his butt off in this one! He takes it back to the old school with this one.

3. Ridiculous - Everything about this song is perfect. The sound, the lyrics. This should be the next single!

2. Make A Baby - Wellll.... Raheem is a freak. His analogies are inappropriate and awesome lol. I love that he also promotes safe sex right in the beginning of the song without being preachy. But he wants a baby so no condoms needed for this one!!

1. Maker of Love - A great way to end the CD. I love the laid back vibe of this song and its beautifully written and sung.
on September 3, 2013
I have been waiting on this album to release. I love Raheem and it feels good to actually buy whole album again instead of one or two songs. Glad to have a real artists making music.
on September 26, 2013
This is a release I have been waiting so impatiently for. Raheem (Heemy) is one of a very few artist I will purchase blindly from because I know the music will be the absolute best, fulfilling ALL needs. I have every CD and just about every mixtape of his. I too got to experience A Place Called Loveland on Pandora Premieres prior to it's release. EVERY SINGLE TRACK is AWESOME. No need to skip a single track. I pre-ordered the cd from Amazon and then realized I couldn't immediately get the tracks auto-rip and not wanting to wait for the actual shipment, I purchased & downloaded ASAP from iTunes.

If u haven't experienced Raheem, get this cd and then get every one of his past releases. You will not be disappointed.
on October 7, 2013
Not since Usher's "Confessions" CD have I enjoyed every track on an artist's cd as I do "A Place Called Loveland!" Raheem DeVaughn has truly made me a believer of his God-Given vocal abilities as well as his growing writing skills. This cd Mr. DeVaughn went back to his roots!! It is a mixture of Marvin Gaye, Prince, and Raheem during those first few years of grinding it out to make a name for himself!!! If you are looking for love....A Place Called Loveland will help to set the stage. If you are in love....sexually, your relationship will be taken to the Matrix that's MIND BLOWING!! If your married---I truly hope you and your spouse can provide for the "football team (babies)" you all are about to create; because this CD will take your marriage to a place spiritually and sexually that it has never ever been before!!

Check It Out!! Take that relationship to the next level of LOVE by purchasing "A Place Called Loveland!!!! I did and my husband is reaping the BENEFITS BIG-TIME!!
on October 2, 2013
This will stay in my car for a while. The songs are more sexual than in the past, but still grown and not over-the-top nasty. The last song is my favorite but half the cd is a close runner up for that place. I only skip the "let's make a baby" song because I don't want kids. But other than that I can play the whole cds straight through.