4.0 out of 5 stars Owning It Is About Honesty
Like most of you I know Bethenny Frankel first from the 'Housewives of New York' television show, and then her own show, 'Bethenny Getting Married' and now 'Bethenny Ever After'. This new year of Bethenny's show I felt like we were finally getting to know the real Bethenny. She was sharing her life, but also sharing a lot more of her feelings, and letting us in to those...
Published on March 22, 2011 by prisrob

3.0 out of 5 stars The Word "Truth" Was Used So Many Times It Lost Me
This book is perfect for someone reading a book like this for the first time. But if you have read other success or leadership books you have heard this all before. I skipped the first portion about her childhood. I heard it already on the show. The word "truth" is used so many times it became cliche. I mean, like 20 times per page, it was starting to scare me. Do I...
Published on April 7, 2011 by Joanne JoJo

‹ Previous | 18 9 1013 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Advice!, August 4, 2011
This review is from: A Place of Yes: 10 Rules for Getting Everything You Want Out of Life (Hardcover)
I like this book because it has very good, frank advice and cuts through to the core of what we all should be thinking about. It has given me hope, energy and promise for the future that I too can acheive my dreams.

1.0 out of 5 stars I did not feel like that when it was done, July 25, 2014
I really thought it would help me. I did not feel like that when it was done. I felt more like it was do things your way no matter who gets hurt..

5.0 out of 5 stars This book can be life changing!, July 22, 2014
Read this book... it may just change your life! It helped me to stop procrastinating with something and move forward. Thanks Bethenny!

3.0 out of 5 stars nothing "novel" about this novel, June 15, 2011
I thought I would take a break from my normal 19th century reads and check out A Place of Yes to draw upon the success and tips of a fellow professional female. I am over 1/2 way through the book and havent read anything entirely earth shattering, or some piece of helpful information that isnt common sense, or I havent seen in another piece of literature. Actually the book gets repetetive and boring very quickly. While I applaud Bethenneys success story, I dont feel like this book actually provided anything that I didnt already know. If you truly want to read a book that will change your life, read The Art of Happiness by his holiness the Dalai Lama.

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspiration! Funny, encouraging, great life advice!, April 3, 2011
I cannot say enough good things about this book. I'm not sure if its because I'm a struggling and confused 20-something that makes this book resonate with me so much, or if its because I've always been a huge Bethenny Frankel fan- but this book is fantastic!

Bethenny is so relatable and honest, you can't help but feel like she's talking right to you. In a way this book is very motivational, you feel like she's your best friend and coach at the same time- giving you hope and courage that you can go out to succeed at pursuing your dreams whatever they may be. She talks about her past and how she got to where she is. But she really tries to focus on her reader because it feels like she's in your corner the whole time, cheering you on to keep going and make good choices for success.

I love all the 10 Rules she gives. They seem simple on the surface, but they actually dig pretty deep if you apply them to your own life. If you're a fan of the Real Housewives or her own show you will love the behind the scenes stories to her life that don't get to come out in the short interviews on TV.

If you just need a boost of encouragement and want something entertaining and enlightening to read- this is it! I'm so happy for Bethenny's success! She's a role model for women everywhere- I definitely look up to her and think she's a businesswoman I'd want to emulate. I will always be rooting for her. She definitely hit a home run with this book! She put her heart and soul into it- and it shows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Motivating!, September 7, 2013
JK412 (Detroit, MI) - See all my reviews
Bethenny Frankel is such an inspiration to me as it is...then she goes and writes this book. I couldn't put it down! I loved reading about her hilarious/horrific/life-changing experiences that molded her to be the woman she is today...because she came from a place of YES. It made me reflect on my own life and see how my experiences have molded me into the person I am. It also motivated me to want to forgive more, move on, and live my life a day at a time; taking the good with me and leaving the bad. I can't forget trying to quiet all of the "noise" as best as I can to keep myself on track. For those of you who are still finding your way in life and just need some inspiration, I think Bethenny's 10 Rules will help make you happier as you start to come from a place of YES.

3.0 out of 5 stars A fan of Bethenny, not the book, December 9, 2012
I found myself immersed in this book in the beginning, but as I got more than half way through, it started slowing down for me. If you watch her show, a lot of her phrases are repetitive, and the writing gets very wordy, so I found I was getting annoyed and bored. I did enjoy reading about her experience from Martha Stewart Apprentice, the reason why I became a fan of Bethenny's in the first place. This book should not have been marketed as a self-help book, but more of an auto-biography, as a lot of it was "me, me, me." The most awkward part of the book was when she discussed Jason and his religion, as she quotes, "I practice yoga." Yoga is not a religion and should not be categorized in that way. My advice to Bethenny- attend services as family, if not for yourself, for your daughter. Jason is obviously much more grounded, a quality you should want to pass on to your daughter. Although I am not a fan of this book, overall, I remain a fan of Bethenny, as her business success is inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe in yourself and you will succeed!, July 23, 2011
At first this book rubbed me wrong. I felt like Bethenny was bragging and I almost gave up - almost. I remembered why I bought the book: I love her, she inspires me, I look up to her for guidance and it came highly recommended, so I continued.

So glad I did. Bethenny made me realize things about myself I wasn't aware I had, or that they were holding me back. This book really taught me to quiet the noise (fear) in my head. She is right: Believe in yourself and you will succeed!

I like to think I'm walking in her footsteps with my business and my book and my life, and maybe I am. or maybe I'm not but she gave me ideas. she gave me hope. she gave me inspiration. she brought ME to a better place. and that makes this book a must must read.

Good enough is not good enough for me either Bethenny!

5.0 out of 5 stars A real awakening to life's possibilities, June 11, 2011
This book is well written. It spokes volume of Bethenny's life, personality and strength. I have never wanted to meet anyone "famous" but after reading her book I had the strong desire to meet her in person as we have so much in common. Congratulations on your well deserved success...I wish you much more happiness in your future!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Place of Yes, June 11, 2011
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this book! Actually going to go back and read it again and highlight all the things that really spoke to me. Love ya Beth, GREAT JOB!!!

‹ Previous | 18 9 1013 | Next ›