4.0 out of 5 stars Owning It Is About Honesty
Like most of you I know Bethenny Frankel first from the 'Housewives of New York' television show, and then her own show, 'Bethenny Getting Married' and now 'Bethenny Ever After'. This new year of Bethenny's show I felt like we were finally getting to know the real Bethenny. She was sharing her life, but also sharing a lot more of her feelings, and letting us in to those...
Published on March 22, 2011 by prisrob

3.0 out of 5 stars The Word "Truth" Was Used So Many Times It Lost Me
This book is perfect for someone reading a book like this for the first time. But if you have read other success or leadership books you have heard this all before. I skipped the first portion about her childhood. I heard it already on the show. The word "truth" is used so many times it became cliche. I mean, like 20 times per page, it was starting to scare me. Do I...
Published on April 7, 2011 by Joanne JoJo

‹ Previous | 18 9 1013 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Motivating!, September 7, 2013
JK412 (Detroit, MI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Place of Yes: 10 Rules for Getting Everything You Want Out of Life (Paperback)
Bethenny Frankel is such an inspiration to me as it is...then she goes and writes this book. I couldn't put it down! I loved reading about her hilarious/horrific/life-changing experiences that molded her to be the woman she is today...because she came from a place of YES. It made me reflect on my own life and see how my experiences have molded me into the person I am. It also motivated me to want to forgive more, move on, and live my life a day at a time; taking the good with me and leaving the bad. I can't forget trying to quiet all of the "noise" as best as I can to keep myself on track. For those of you who are still finding your way in life and just need some inspiration, I think Bethenny's 10 Rules will help make you happier as you start to come from a place of YES.

3.0 out of 5 stars A fan of Bethenny, not the book, December 9, 2012
I found myself immersed in this book in the beginning, but as I got more than half way through, it started slowing down for me. If you watch her show, a lot of her phrases are repetitive, and the writing gets very wordy, so I found I was getting annoyed and bored. I did enjoy reading about her experience from Martha Stewart Apprentice, the reason why I became a fan of Bethenny's in the first place. This book should not have been marketed as a self-help book, but more of an auto-biography, as a lot of it was "me, me, me." The most awkward part of the book was when she discussed Jason and his religion, as she quotes, "I practice yoga." Yoga is not a religion and should not be categorized in that way. My advice to Bethenny- attend services as family, if not for yourself, for your daughter. Jason is obviously much more grounded, a quality you should want to pass on to your daughter. Although I am not a fan of this book, overall, I remain a fan of Bethenny, as her business success is inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe in yourself and you will succeed!, July 23, 2011
At first this book rubbed me wrong. I felt like Bethenny was bragging and I almost gave up - almost. I remembered why I bought the book: I love her, she inspires me, I look up to her for guidance and it came highly recommended, so I continued.

So glad I did. Bethenny made me realize things about myself I wasn't aware I had, or that they were holding me back. This book really taught me to quiet the noise (fear) in my head. She is right: Believe in yourself and you will succeed!

I like to think I'm walking in her footsteps with my business and my book and my life, and maybe I am. or maybe I'm not but she gave me ideas. she gave me hope. she gave me inspiration. she brought ME to a better place. and that makes this book a must must read.

Good enough is not good enough for me either Bethenny!

5.0 out of 5 stars A real awakening to life's possibilities, June 11, 2011
This book is well written. It spokes volume of Bethenny's life, personality and strength. I have never wanted to meet anyone "famous" but after reading her book I had the strong desire to meet her in person as we have so much in common. Congratulations on your well deserved success...I wish you much more happiness in your future!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Place of Yes, June 11, 2011
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this book! Actually going to go back and read it again and highlight all the things that really spoke to me. Love ya Beth, GREAT JOB!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A PLACE FROM YES IS INSPIRING, June 10, 2011
I am a fan of Bethenny's to start but this book was far beyond what I expected and it was a book that I shared with my husband & few friends. We agree that this bok brings promise of a way to change things for the better & inspired us all. Thank you Bethenny for writing this book for all of us.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good choice, May 5, 2011
This is the book you will want to give that friend who keeps dating the wrong kind of guy over and over or who will not face up to her past and keeps spinning her wheels wondering why she's not getting anywhere. Change is scary to some people, especially when you have faced a past of rejection/disappointment/unhappiness. I liked how Bethenny tells her story through her perspective on how you can make needed changes and be better for it. She walks the reader through each "rule" with her own experiences as examples and with an attitude of If I can do this, so can you. She has not had it all easy, so you have to give her credit for laying it out there.

I like Bethenny because of her honesty with herself and with her readers and I think that it is a nice model of behavior that others can see and think, "huh, she spoke the truth about her feelings/past hardships and lived to tell about it, maybe I should take that risk too". I know Bethenny says she's a realist more than an optimist, but I think that reading her book will give readers an optimistic frame of mind that they do not have settle. Change can seem scary, but it is the only way to out of a bad place and into a better one.

2.0 out of 5 stars A Real Downer, May 21, 2011
Too bad I didn't read more reviews before I purchased "A Place of Yes"....It
was absolutely boring....too wordy and too much about the author HERSELF down to
every little unimportant detail.
To her credit, if the book had stuck to the premise that this is a selfhelp
10 step program and if the book were condensed to half its number of pages the
book would be rated a 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.
Amazon shipped a copy of the book to my Granddaughter, a 27 year old
Paralegal who also thought the book was dry. My copy was shared by my friend,
a fan of Bethanys; she gave up on the book halfway through the introduction!
Sorry Bethany, you are a go-getter but a boring author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Find Your Truth, May 23, 2011
Barbara Brennan (The Space Coast, Florida) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I am a big fan of Bethenny's TV shows and I admire her straight-forward approach to life. She is fearless and honest, two qualities I aspire to on a daily basis. Her book is filled with realistic advice written in her voice. Bethenny tells us no-holds-barred stories about her struggles and her victories. Her book doesn't come across as a preachy tale because you can see into her heart and soul and she does an excellent job of conveying her truth, failures and all. Bethenny deserves all the happiness she has generated and I look forward to hearing much more from her in the future. Her gifts are endless!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great inspirational and fun read!, May 2, 2011
K. Legg (Hagerstown, MD) - See all my reviews
Great read, especially if you are a Bethenny fan! Very inspirational, whether you want to seriously apply the rules in your life or not. If you are very modest, you may not be comfortable reading this book; Frankel is honest, straight-forward, and well, FRANK! A Place of Yes should be on your summer reading list!

‹ Previous | 18 9 1013 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa5be9888)

A Place of Yes: 10 Rules for Getting Everything You Want Out of Life
A Place of Yes: 10 Rules for Getting Everything You Want Out of Life by Eve Adamson (Paperback - December 27, 2011)
$16.00 $13.67