4.0 out of 5 stars Highly subjective but very informative
Worthwhile. Note they are not saying that these are the Top 1000 places but instead that these are
a subjective list of 1000 worthwhile places in the opinion of the author. I found it informative and worthwhile.
Published 16 months ago by Thomas C. Quillen

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best
I thought this was a book about PLACES to see - which the title indicates - it is more about festivals and shows that shouldn't be missed. Not what I was expecting
Published 16 months ago by Sharon E. Ogden

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, April 4, 2013
This review is from: 1,000 Places to See in the United States and Canada Before You Die, updated ed. (Paperback)

2.0 out of 5 stars Full of adds, September 5, 2011
The book is a real disappointment, each section lists recommendations of places to stay and eat that only the rich could afford and are just not practical for the average person. Week long stays that cost $2,100.00 per person - who can afford that. At one point she says the cost of a one night stay at some place costs $210.00 per night, but you should really try the executive suite if you really want an experience. I couldn't afford the $210 a night, I can only guess waht the executive suite costs. It almost feels like she stayed at these places and they got a positive mention in her book - for the right price - her first book was much better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably not worth purchasing, June 5, 2013
Many of the places listed are just not worth seeing. The ones that are listed for our area are ho-hum.

3.0 out of 5 stars 1000 Places to See Before You Die, July 14, 2012
Nina Leaming (Richmond, Virginia) - See all my reviews
Too many words. I could not find what I wanted as easy as I had hoped for. I would not buy it again.

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, September 18, 2013
I found some information helpful. However, being from Michigan, I noticed the book included a couple obscure places in our state that only a specialized group would be interested in, and did not include Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Villiage which is one of the most popular destinations in our state for travelers of all demographics.

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly subjective but very informative, April 11, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, January 26, 2013
I'm enjoying this book very much - am pleased to see how many places I've already been to and am looking forward to checking out many that I've missed. I bought it in the Kindle version, which will be handy while traveling, but I miss having a checklist to keep track of where I've been. Might have to buy the hard copy for that!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great guide for unusual places to visit., May 23, 2014
Have been to many of the places listed. Good guide for places to start. There are many more spectacular places not included in the book. One of my friends uses this book religiously and wants to actually see all 1000 places. He is almost there and has the page signed when he goes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, March 22, 2013
Filled with so many choices I doubt many people could really accomplish this many things. Each state has multiple things about it to see and do making for nice options for a wide variety of people with different likes. Very informative and defnitely something to plan with!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, June 26, 2014
I greatly enjoy this book. It has helped me narrow down my "bucket list" for places to visit in the United States. I also bought the companion book, which recommends places around the world that shouldn't be missed!

1,000 Places to See in the United States and Canada Before You Die, updated ed.
$19.95 $14.60