1,007 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A mesmerizing, addictive story...
My very first novel by Jodi Picoult has lived up to all the hype I've been hearing about for so many months. I don't know what's taken me so long to finally read one! Having closed the last page in Plain Truth just a few moments ago, my mind is now reeling from all that I've read this past week. I have a feeling this story will be with me for quite awhile.
Plain...
Published on January 17, 2002 by Dianna Setterfield

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay; but not great.
After reading five of her novels, I have become a fan of Jodi Picoult. I will admit (and this probably proves that I am a sucker for marketing rather than letting the literature speak for itself) that I've deliberately read all of her best sellers before reading the books that didn't make it on the list.

Initially I liked the book and it kept me reading, though...
Published on August 5, 2006 by C. R. Eads

‹ Previous | 134 35 36101 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming story, September 21, 2013
A good story of the Amish lifestyle and also a fast moving mystery. Very well written, making Jodi Picoult now one of my favourite authors.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Plain Truth, September 20, 2013
Again, Picoult leaves you making up your own mind about an important social issue. You think you know the truth, but then, POW, Picoult leaves you with a nice twist at the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative, controversial, interesting!, September 20, 2013
I absolutely enjoy Jodi Picoult's books. I'm trying to read them all! Her topics are controversial and interesting. Keeps my nose in the book late into the night. I'd much rather read her books than watch TV. Thanks!

3.0 out of 5 stars Plain Truth Plain Good, September 15, 2013
Amazon Customer "Maggie B" (Smiling Faces, Wonderful Places, South Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plain Truth (Paperback)
The book is an easy read with a captivating story line. The creativeness and the descriptive characterizations by the author deserve five stars. The character development is done so well that it is easy to picture these people and envision their struggles, their suffering, and their happiness.
Where the novel falls apart is in the repetitiveness and the length. If a character explains what happens the entirety of it does not have to repeated. At some points it seems the author doubts the reader's ability to recollect what he/she just read. Had it not been for the unnecessary length I would have given it four stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story, September 13, 2013
It's an intense story with a captivating storyline and ending. The author draws you into the relationship between lawyer and client and really makes you root for the client.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this, September 10, 2013
This review is from: Plain Truth (Kindle Edition)
Really good story, great characters that you want to support but at the same time totally conflicted by how they behave. Much better than Picoult's later stuff in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Plain Good, September 9, 2013
Maureen R. Tagliaferro (Middlesex, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plain Truth (Paperback)
The first Jodi Picoult book I read was My Sister's Keeper, but my introduction to her stories was Plain Truth when it appeared as a Lifetime movie. I didn't know it then, but this was the start of a similar Picoult format that, for me, never gets old: A controversial subject, an interesting court case, and an unexpected twist ending.

Even after seeing the movie and knowing how the story ends, the book is still a compelling read. An unmarried, teenage mother is a catalyst for many good stories, but when the girl is Amish, denies ever being pregnant, and is charged with her baby's death, we have a story that would go beyond belief, if Jodi Picoult didn't know how to make it real. Her characters go beyond the stereotyped images one may have the Amish, and her ability to provide mystery and suspense among everyday people surpasses that of a supernatural horror flick.

What is more is that her ending makes perfect sense, but I doubt anyone unaware of the story and reading the book the first time would ever suspect it. In short, this book is just plain good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps wife occupied, September 9, 2013
Well this is a book my wife bought and it must be a good one because her nose is in it every chance she gets, which of course keeps her from bugging me.

5.0 out of 5 stars A favourite!, September 2, 2013
This review is from: Plain Truth (Paperback)
I could not put this book down! Another fantastic read by Jodi Picoult.
An interesting look into the Amish community, great story line and characters.
I'm becoming a big fan of JP!

5.0 out of 5 stars what an ending!, September 2, 2013
A fantastic and quick read with an awesome ending! I felt like I was there, experiencing each moment with the characters. This book totally took me away and had me turning the pages as quickly as I could!

‹ Previous | 134 35 36101 | Next ›

Plain Truth
Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult (Paperback - August 7, 2007)
$16.00 $13.23