5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than the Alligator!
We have the snail and the Dancing Alligator. This one is better. While the Alligator certainly makes more noise and is a great toy, it is prone to tipping over and our toddler ends up just dragging it around on its side or its back.

Published on December 26, 2009 by In California

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
My one year old had this for less than two months and some how managed to snap the inner wooden piece so it all fell apart. Dangerously sharp wooden piece remains. She liked it before this happens. For a toy this price that shouldn't happen.
Published 9 months ago by KateGor

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than the Alligator!, December 26, 2009
This review is from: Plan Toy Pull-Along Snail (Toy)

The Snail however, has no "upside down". It works right side up or upside down and always manages to right itself if it gets on its side for some reason. Can't say the same for the Alligator.

Our family is happy with both. Nevertheless if this is your first purchase and you're trying to decide between the Snail and the Dancing Alligator, you might be happier with the Snail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go slimey the snail go!, May 8, 2007
@homemom (Jersey Shore, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plan Toy Pull-Along Snail (Toy)
I purchased this pull along snail for my daughter before she could even walk. She used to sit and just hold him and play with him... as she grew and learned to walk he quickly became a favorite, she pulled him all over the house, to the store, to grandma's, even to bed he came (try rolling over on a hard snail in the night OUCH LOL). She is 3 now and still plays with slimey the snail at least every other day. His colors are worn, I've had to glue him a couple times but she still loves him. I'm here today to buy a new one for her since he's reaching the end of his days but I couldn't be happier with the toy or durability being that it's been a couple years of daily rough play (he's gone done the stairs a few times).

Wonderful toy and great timeless/genderless gift to give as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful toy, not recalled any more, October 5, 2008
This review is from: Plan Toy Pull-Along Snail (Toy)
Our one year old son *loves* this toy, which is beautifully made and very charming to watch. I wanted to offer an update on the earlier post about a recall: apparently 3,000 snails were recalled in 2002, but the newer models meet safety standards, so don't worry about buying!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grammy says this is an EXCELLENT toy!, December 16, 2011
K. Cox (CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plan Toy Pull-Along Snail (Toy)
This toy is a HUGE hit with my granddaughters! I didn't realize that the snail's body moved up and down so much, which provides sensory feedback when pulling it. The movement is so smooth and funny to watch that it mesmerized the 10 month-old and the 2 1/2 year-old loves pulling it along behind her. Even the 8 year-old took a turn at pulling it around the house, desisting only when 2 1/2 year-old became very insistent. I'm going to order the alligator next and may invest in a second snail, just to keep the peace!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pull toy ever!, August 21, 2012
This review is from: Plan Toy Pull-Along Snail (Toy)
This pull toy works on both sides, so even if it tips over it immediately corrects itself and continues smoothly. Works great on hard floors and good on carpet. My 1yo immediately started to pull the snail and loved the up and down movement of the head and I watched as it immediately corrected itself when she accidentally kicked it.
If i had to say something negative, I wouldn't mind if the pull string were a little bit longer, but overall I am so glad I chose this toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic pull toy and more, December 25, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Plan Toy Pull-Along Snail (Toy)
This is my favorite pull toy my son has. It is so cool how it inches along--I could play with it for hours. My 8 month old got it for christmas and immediately started rolling around on the floor with it, he even pulled it towards him a little bit. He isn't quite ready for pull toys but loves watching us work it. The best part is that you can lift up the head and make it a sort of marionette---so it can nod it's head up and down and look like it is moving it's head around. I think this will make it interesting to him for a long time. It feels kind of like you are walking a dog except it is a snail so I can see him loving it even when he is 3 or 4 and into pretend play!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Pull Toy, March 31, 2011
Off4Fun (DC Metro Area) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plan Toy Pull-Along Snail (Toy)
My 11 month old and my 2 1/2 year old both love this toy...it follows them everywhere. It's great quality (painted wood) and has withstood lots of banging and dropping. I'd recommend it if you're kids like pull toys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing toy!!!, January 16, 2007
Daniel Szeliga (Cecil County, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plan Toy Pull-Along Snail (Toy)
This was such a great purchase. The snail is colorful and sturdy. My 9 month old loves to pull it and the snail is just so darn cute that you fall in love with its smooth, graceful movements. I would recommend it to anyone. It has a sweet face and in todays world of batteries and electronics it is nice to have a simple toy that you instandly fall in love with. It is also I great way to show cause and effect to your baby.

Sincerely,

Kathy (mom of a 7 year old and a 9 month old)

5.0 out of 5 stars A boys best friend, June 11, 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Plan Toy Pull-Along Snail (Toy)
I ordered this toy for my grandson (his age at the time was 13 months)because he had received another pull along toy that lasted about a minute and I knew there must be something better out there. After reading the reviews I was skeptical about this toy being able to follow even when upside down. In very short order it became my grandson's favorite toy. He takes it for walks several times a day and even when he is riding on the truck that we pull, Mr Snail must follow along or sometimes Mr. Snail gets to ride on the truck also. The action is really cute but the very best part is that he's always upright and following instead of flopping on his side and being dragged like most pull toys. I don't know that there is necessarily any educational value but I do know that it's loads of fun and no frustration! Absolutely recommend this over any other pull toy I've ever seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute little snail pull toy, July 27, 2014
R. Beauchamp "raebeast" (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plan Toy Pull-Along Snail (Toy)
I am a huge fan of snails and this pull along toy is adorable. It moves a bit more like an inch worm due to the design, but that is still cute. The wood seems to be a good quality and the paint decent. A couple of things I would keep an eye out for with your young children though is the possibilty of pinches, choking and breaking things. It's definitely a "play together with mom or dad" toy. The rope is long, which is why I would say it's a little risky for choking. The joints could easily pinch a finger. With the long rope, both of my kids have felt the urge to swing the toy around, and it does hit things with force. So, while I highly recommend this toy at any age, I thought I would warn about the potential hazards that could happen, although not highly likely that they will.

Plan Toy Pull-Along Snail