|Screen Size||27 inches|
Planar Systems PX2710MW 27-Inch VGA Monitor
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Viewable Size 27" diagonal (23.54" horizontal x 13.24" vertical)
- Aspect Ratio 16 : 9
- Contrast Ratio (Typical) 1200:1
- Viewing Angle (Typical) 170 Horizontal and 160 Vertical
- Response Time (Typical) 3 ms
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Second, don't ask me how long this took to find... i'm posting a tip here to save you time in case you own a Dell PC with a built-in ATI video card, or just one from ATI that might give you this problem...
If you get a black border (empty space) around your screen while using HDMI at 1920x1080, then don't give up! It's a VIDEO CARD setting ATI caused due to overscanning that can be fixed! It is not a problem w/ the monitor.
The over and under scan (scaling options) are quite buried in the new ATI Catalyst Control Center. But if you know where to look the scaling options are really easy to get to...
1) Right click on the Desktop and open Catalyst Control Center 9.9
2) Switch to Advanced mode if you are not there already
3) Click dropdown menu Graphics in the top right
4) Select Desktops and Displays
5) Right Click your currently activated display under `Please Select a Display' on the bottom right
6) Select Configure
7) Click on the Scaling Options tab and your there
8) Now, just move the scale to the right (overscan) until you get full screen (in my case that was 0%)
i would love to give credit for this to the proper people but i can't link in comments. Just search google for "ati-catalyst-9-9-overcan-and-underscan-options".
NOTE: if you can't find these settings in your ati control panel, seach google for: "Removing ATI Underscan from your HDMI LCD TV"
-size, brightness, and resolution
-vga, dvi, hdmi connectors
-no problems unpacking and setting up
-no way to adjust height (I used a ream of paper under the base and solved the problem)
-the volume from the speakers is good, but they do sound tiny (but I prefer this to standalone speakers, so it works for me)
It is great for working with photographs and multiple documents.
This is the third Planar monitor I own, upgrading to a larger size, and they have all been great (I always go for the built-in speakers models). I highly recommend this, specially at this price point.
These things are still going strong. These monitors are an example of what tech should be, last for ever, work as advertised, never a problme. Had four, but am parting them out as part of a plan to create a need to upgrade to 4K once the right equipment shows up. Hoping sometime this year maybe.
Gave one to the wife to use as a TV in her "nappy" room.
Gave one to a nephew for him to us on his computer rig for gaming.
Kept two for myself so far, one for computer one for a dvd player.
Update 10-Nov-2011: So two more things:
1) I have decided to go for it and am getting two more. Dell just sent me a "special deal" on gift cards, and these monitors are on sale again @dell so I figure why not. I have also found a web page [...] that shows how to build your own "multi-monitor stand" if you know someone who can weld. But I got one of those. He is my step-dad Joe and he is the best welder I know. He fixed all the rust in my car 22 years ago. Hey Joe... I got a job for you... Of course now I will need to upgrade my video card at some point to actually use more than two monitors. I wonder if there is a 480gtx in EVGA (B) stock?
2) I have to say again that 27" is the largest I would go for a 1920x1080 (1080p) resolution. Any larger than @27" and the picture gets grainy so we are really at the forward end of good viewing. Even at 27" you can sometimes see the strips of pixels running up and down the monitor if you look real close. Can depend a lot on the web page and fonts used. But I don't see it when gaming. Now lets see how these do with a lower resolution game like StrongHold hehe.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Monitor was great bang for the buck. Shorted out a few times on me, but that was due to some settings on my computer. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Kyle B
Top notch specs, great display and it looks good. It has HDMI and DVI inputs. Great for gaming and everyday use.Published 17 months ago by Old_Bull
I have had this monitor for about three years. My experience with it has been good. The monitor will give a humming noise at very low volume. Read morePublished on June 26, 2013 by ice
Monitor looks and works wonderfully right out of the box. My only complaint would be that it is almost TOO big! I have to back away from the computer desk to take it all in! Read morePublished on April 28, 2013 by William Hampton
nice and large works well with my desktop; however it comes up short when attached to a dell alttitude laptop.graphics look awful.Published on April 3, 2013 by Phil
Default setting VERY bright, caused me headaches at the first use but quickly figured it's the brightness fault (from other reviewers)
27" is great for gaming and for... Read more
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Monitors in our Monitor Reviews.