Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on August 24, 2010
30 pages of black and white pages to color. bright white paper, not newsprint.
2 lines of story at the bottom of each page--telling about the different stages of air travel from airport to destination and telling about the jobs of flight attendants, air traffic controllers, etc...
It was a hit with the toddler on our flight.
VINE VOICEon January 31, 2010
I bought this to keep my 4 yr old son and 6 yr old girl twins occupied on a plane trip. My 4 yr old loved that he was able to associate the story with what we were doing. The twins loved coloring and also make the associations between the book and the flight.
on March 15, 2014
This book does an excellent job of showing to a little child how the airport and flight works. Everything is explained: packing at home, driving to the airport, checking in luggage, going through security, checking timetables, waiting, boarding the plane, finding your seats, fastening seat belts, safety instructions, what happens in the control tower and in the cockpit. Then it's time for takeoff, a little nap, snacks, watching a movie, landing and getting your bags.

"My Plane Trip" is a coloring book, which I didn't realize at the time of purchase, but that wasn't a problem - we took out the crayons and my daughter had fun coloring the pages.

Now that the kids know everything about flying, they should learn about cruising! Maya & Filippo Play Chef at Sea would be the perfect companion to help them get accustomed to the idea of traveling by sea. Then they could take the Steam Train, Dream Train and go to sleep. Here, you're all set for an even longer flight :)
on January 26, 2012
My daughter and her husband were taking their two year old twins on a three hour flight on Thanksgiving morning, which was incredibly brave of them! It would be full, of course and I thought it might be wise to put together a " goodies bag " to lessen tension, nerves and save both parents and passengers from a double whammy of the "terrible twos" in stereo. Mom and Dad had advice from friends and were armed with various suggestions posted on internet boards The coloring book was a fine addition to the "Goody" bags carefully placed in their new backpacks. It is both an informative book that helped detract from the craziness at the airport and the illustrations were clear and easy to color. With crayons and stickers ( everything goes better with stickers! ) the girls were happy to color for part of the wait at the gate and part of the flight. All told, "My Plane Trip" was a fine addition to their backpacks.
on July 14, 2010
Cute book, has pages to color and a story to read. My 2 1/2 yr old son enjoyed coloring and reading it during our recent plane trip from Charlotte to Denver and back. Nice break from cartoon characters and fun to read.
on March 11, 2013
I bought this for my 2-year old son in anticipation of an upcoming plane trip. I was a little worried that it would be a tiny sized one, but it's about letter-sized paper. For a coloring book, it's really well done, very comprehensive and takes a surprisingly detailed look at plane travel and what goes on in a plane. We haven't actually taken crayons to the book yet, but as other reviewers indicated,the pages are surprisingly thick and bright white paper, and my son was very interested in the story. For under 3 bucks, this is a great product, and definitely a reasonable investment to help prepare for a plane trip.
on May 18, 2016
Our family has a few airplane books in our home library, but none of them go through the sequence and details to the extent of this book of the process of before, during and after the actual plane ride and the sights and happenings occurring around airline travel. This 8 1/2 x 11 inch size coloring book has large and bold pictures and bold text. It has smooth pages for coloring or to use exclusively for reading. It has 30 pages which is a bit long but it is very detailed commenting on packing, getting to the airport, checking in, security, boarding, safety, airline activity (air traffic control, baggage, fuel, cockpit), takeoff, on board activity, landing, and arrival events. I was able to skip or comment on the pages that didn't apply or were too long to read word for word for my 2 1/2 year old. Overall a good reading and coloring book to prepare your child for airline travel and to refer to it during travel if needed (i.e. safety review such as the need to put on the seat belt).
review image review image review image
on April 4, 2016
I loved that this book! It explained the whole flight process step by step. I read it to my 3 year old granddaughter about 1 week before our flight. I probably should have read it a few more days before our flight and had her color each page as we completed it. She did not color very many pages. She was most excited to be going onto the airplane. I could reference the book at certain points but all in all I was able to reference the book when she became a little antsy. That made for an easy trip.
on March 1, 2016
I purchased this colouring book for my son on a recent 8 hour flight, even though colouring is not his favourite activity he was very excited to look through it and see similar things that he was seeing on the airplane and at the airport. It was a good pastime for our long flight.
on July 23, 2011
I live abroad from my family, so my husband, son and I travel a lot to see them.

My son has been on planes, a lot, since he was born. However, at three, he is beginning to really understand and be curious about the process.

This is fantastic to be able to put in his own little bag of carry on items. The story is wonderful, and he loves to colour the pictures and associate them with what we're doing too.

I couldn't praise this highly enough. If you're traveling, buy this book for your child!