Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

Format: DVD|Change

on May 1, 2012
I first saw Planeat as part of a film festival that Whole Foods put on. I was vaguely aware of the benefits of a plant-based diet, but I had no idea that eating plants can reverse heart disease and arrest cancer growth. The film is a real eye-opener for those not already aware of the work of doctors T.Colin Campbell and Caldwell Esselstyn (Bill Clinton's heart doc), but also focuses on the benefits to the planet from reducing our intake of animal protein. It shows how plant-based diets can mean eating amazing food, with top chefs like Chad Sarno from Whole Foods and the team at New York's Pure Food & Wine, among others, demonstrating amazing recipes for healthy, plant-based eating. I've gradually changed my diet to a being mostly plant-based and it feels great and tastes great. Highly Recommended.
11 comment|117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2012
I received a review copy, and thoroughly enjoyed this movie. It's up there with other excellent and inspiring nutrition documentaries like Forks over Knives, Fat Sick & Nearly Dead, Food Inc., etc. Planeat is the perfect film to give to friends who are 'foodies', but not yet convinced that a plant-based way of eating can be delicious and even sophisticated. The evidence that this way of eating is just as tasty, plus healthier for the individual and the planet, is overwhelming. And the descriptions of interesting restaurant recipes are tantalizing.Thanks for a terrific documentary.
11 comment|55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2012
I also saw Planeat as part of a film festival that Whole Foods put on in 2011. It started me on a wonderful journey into the world of plant based eating and the incredible health benefits associated with the program. I've since read many other books and viewed other videos covering the same topic and have now switched to a plant-based eating program and feel terrific. If you are looking to improve your health and do something good for our planet, this video is the perfect place to start on your journey. You won't be disappointed.
44 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2012
Since Fork over Knives last year, I went from being a vegetarian to 100% vegan and love the results. I feel great every day... clear and light. As a huge fan of Dr T. Colin Campbell (his book, "the China Study" is also a must read) and his efforts to promote Plant-based Nutrition, I support all of his consumer informational products that help us understand the importance of this way of eating and living. The more I read and see about affects of this lifestyle, more I know how important it is to share and spread this message... to save not only our lives, but the lives of all other earthlings and our planet for future generations.
on March 18, 2013
This was a mildly informative and entertaining documentary. I enjoyed it because I'm interested in eating better, being more environmentally conscious, and because I admire some of the people who appear in the film. However, it was nothing new or astounding if you've already seen Forks Over Knives. For me, that was a really eye opening film. This seemed like a follow up (or an afterthought) to FOK. The message the film strives to deliver is still an important one so I applaude the effort at least, but I chose to rent rather than buy. It was worth watching once.
on September 14, 2012
It was a well-produced documentary and is a great way for starting the conversation about what we're eating and how it affects us and the planet as a whole. However, if you've seen some of the bigger films in this category ("Forks Over Knives", "Food, Inc.", etc.) then this is going to be mainly a rehash of what you've already heard.
on March 6, 2013
Dr T Colin Campbell deserves a Nobel Prize, he is changing the face of nutrition with his excellent research! The evidence is undeniable for the health benefits of a whole foods plant based diet!
on October 1, 2012
Great presentation of vital information about our food and survival. See for yourself and get facts to make your own judgement. You'll find pertinent facts to lay a foundation for your own evaluation of what food is actually good for you and what really is survival for the greatest numbers.
on January 25, 2013
This film is by far in my top three favorites in the nutrition/health genre. The stories it follows are amazing, and the people inspiring. Very well done. Will make anyone want to eat more veggies!
on December 9, 2012
Filled in some gaps from other films in same genre. Weaves in clips of vegan restaurant chefs preparing delectable entrees and people in their homes making easy vegan dishes. Clearly notes basic truths such as that animal products encourage or allow cancer growth and clog arteries, whereas fruits and veggies stop and reverse these problems. Love the "selling pencils" quote.