- Explore more great deals on thousands of titles in our Deals in Books store.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Planet Barbecue!: 309 Recipes, 60 Countries Paperback – Bargain Price, May 1, 2010
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From Publishers Weekly
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
From the Back Cover
More About the AuthorsDiscover books, learn about writers, read author blogs, and more.
Top Customer Reviews
1. Unlike other books that have recipes require 10+ ingredients, some of which are often overly sweet and over powering, the recipes in this book normally involve only 5-8 ingredients, very manageable. A lot only have 2 ingredients! And the flavors are diverse.
2. The book also offers great knowledge and insight about food, bbq and cooking in other parts of the world. For example: why eggplant is naturally suited for bbq, Japanese 'less is more' philosophy, Jamaican's typical seasonings, Latin American food's typical sweet and salty flavor. The knowledge allows me to mix and match ingredients from different cuisines.
My only minor complaint is that the book can improve on organization. For example: the pork chapter spans from page 191 to Page 264. With recipes ranging from different countries packed in one chapter, it would be nice to have an index either within the main index or in the beginning of the chapter that shows: name of recipe, country and page number. This would make the navigation a bit easier.
Nevertheless, this book is great to have or to give as a gift. Your bbq friend will be grateful to you for years to come!
Update: after owning both books for a few weeks, I upgraded the book from 4 star to 5 star in spite of my minor criticism. We have tried new recipes and fine tuned our grilling techniques (direct vs. indirect, smoking). We loved it.
Also this book is nearly 600 pages and 300 recipes, I would expect AT LEAST one photo of each finished dish (ideally in process pics as well) a lot of recipes don't have a single photo so you'll have no clue how the end product is suppose to look, I would not be a problem for ribs or burgers but this book has a lot of Asian or African food and I can't simply imagine how it suppose to look. Plus the recipes without photos are not appealing - they don't have the "wow- that looks Delicious! I'll should cook that for the party" factor. Surprisingly it has maps to let you know that this recipe is from the north east of Uzbekistan and not south west.
+ details, side stories, cooks biographies (multiple) cultural information
+ recipes are great, if they list a rare spice the author provides a mail to order source and alternative spices
+ hard cover with overlay, large format, good quality
+ style is great,the author is often funny, when you read the book - you can almost hear his voice
+ author list alternative ingredients, alternative methods
- hard to navigate, both, whole book layout and individual page layout is cramped, making it hard to find the recipe you need, after you find it its often hard to find the detail on the recipe you need
- no photos- book has cook photos, city photos, maps, it should have at least one recipe related photo per recipe, it doesn't
I am happy with this product and wood recommend it, however it is not perfect!
All recepies that I have tried produced really good results.
Really tasty, in depth and easy to follow recepies.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a must for all of those who want to know what everyone else around the world is doing. Recipes are clear, pictures are good (I hoped for more) and the format is exiting. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Guillermo Olaiz Silva
Steve is great he pauses in KC for 1 night stand & puts on a TV quality show.Published 6 months ago by Terrance J. Derr
Great book/recipes, fits perfectly with our summer BBQ plans!Published 7 months ago by Jerry Johnson
These books have Delicious recipes and sauces. My husband loves these books.Published 7 months ago by Christie