Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

No-one should even THINK of visiting Disneyland without first studying a guidebook. There's just too much to see, too many things to do and too many lines to join without having a comprehensive, cohesive plan worked out waaaaaaaaaay in advance. With this guide, kids can be a part of the planning process, and can make representation early for the things they want to do for each day of the family Disney getaway.

It includes a history of Disneyland, plus information on:

Disneyland Park: Main Street USA; Adventureland; New Orleans Square; Frontierland; Critter County; Fantasyland; Mickey's Toontown; Tomorrowland.

Disney California Adventure: Sunshine Plaza; Hollywood Pictures Backlot; Golden State; A Bug's Land; Paradise Pier.

Live Entertainment; guided tours; Downtown Disney and Resort Hotels are also covered, as well as maps, FastPass system information, what to expect from the rides, Disney-isms and more. There are lots of fun facts and links to even more information scattered throughout the guide, and of course lots and lots of information on places to eat.

Highly recommended for tween reading before the big trip, so that they can regale you with information on the awesome Audio-Animatronics and the difference between a carousel and a merry-go-round.

Amanda Richards, October 25, 2011
on March 22, 2012
I have never been to Disneyland, but I must admt it leaves one with a longing to. I would robably use this book if I ever went.
I rated this 4 stars, because this is a children's travel/explorers book, yet it mentions a wine testing restaurant, and a place for people to try Margaritas. Strange, if you ask me.
other than that there wasn't any problems that I know of.
Also, if you want to know more about some of the rides or people behind the park, you can click on their name and it'll take you to the more about them/it page.
What is the book about?
I grew up in Fullerton/Anaheim, CA so I have been to Disneyland quite a few times. I love going to Disneyland because it's such a fun place to hang out especially for kids! The park is separated into different parts including Main Street, U.S.A, Adventureland, New Orleans Square, Frontierland, Critter Country, Fantasyland, Mickey's Toontown, and Tomorrowland. There is an attached theme park right next door called Disney California Adventure. Different sections have different attractions with characters who walk around and pose for pictures and greet the visitors. This is a great book to understand the history of Disneyland and a brief summary of each ride, event, show, and restaurant.

What did I think of the book?
What an informative book! It's easy to read and very well organized! Since I have been to Disneyland so many times I knew that the information was current and correct which is awesome! Since I used to have a roommate that worked at Tomorrowland in the Innovations building, I have even been to Disneyland for their holiday party where they shut down the park to the public and the employees get to have some fun! If you're planning a trip to Southern California I would recommend you stop by Disneyland! If you're looking for a hotel I would stay at the Disney Hotel! It's an amazing experience!
on June 10, 2012
After living in Southern California for 16 years and visiting Disneyland several times, I sure wish I had this series of books to guide us sooner! After reading Schaefer's PlanetExplorer Disneyland guide, we learned many new interesting facts. For example, Big Thunder Mountain's ride vehicles boast the following names: U.B. Bold, U.R. Daring, U.R. Courageous, I.M. Loco, I.B. Hearty, and I.M. Fearless. We had fun challenging each other to create new names for our own train car!

I also love the way Schaefer links to external websites relevant to rides, Disney history, and more. Instead of standing in a long line with glazed-over eyes, kids can link to interesting information about pirates and lost treasure before riding Pirates of the Caribbean.

Because the guidebooks are e-friendly, it's easy for families to plan their visit on the go...and the guidebooks are kept up-to-date, including the latest rides, dining options, shops and shows.
on October 2, 2011
I read through was the Planet Explorers Disneyland. I've never been there before but after reading this book I really want to go. And when we do go I will be making notes from this book on where to go, what to see and where to eat. The book goes through each area of the Park, talking about the history of the area, which rides are perfect for who and where you can eat in that area, giving detailed descriptions for everything. I really loved reading all the history behind everything at Disney, it really made things even more real to me.

I LOVE these books and I also see that they have several more for other highly visited places. If you're planning a vacation, writing a paper or are just interested in some cool places I encourage you to check out the Planet Explorers. I think you're going to love them.

---------------------
* Disclaimer / Disclosure: I received a free sample to facilitate my review. This post reflects my honest, personal opinion and experience with the product which may differ from yours. Product information courtesy of the sponsor. No monetary compensation was provided for this post.
on March 28, 2013
This book really told me about the stuff in Disneyland. Good thing I got it cause I am going there next week.
on January 24, 2014
Great if you have never been there! We need a guide for a first time at the park! I would buy again.