4.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, but the soft case sucks!
Sound quality on these are very good, especially for the price. I paid $45 in Nov'11. You can use these with or w/o the noise canceling turned on. I've read some complaints about humming noises when nothing's plugged in, but I haven't noticed anything like that. I just used these on a trip from CA to FL and they sounded great!

The only negative is the soft...
Published on December 7, 2011 by L. Kotrys

1.0 out of 5 stars $50.00 I'll never get back
Published on April 9, 2012 by Daniel F. Mcgovern

4.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones, but the soft case sucks!, December 7, 2011
L. Kotrys (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Able Planet NC192B Noise Canceling Headphones (Electronics)

The only negative is the soft case, or should I say bag. I was worried about damaging these when I packed them in my backpack because the case is useless. I just bought the hard case that Able Planet has on their site and it fits perfectly. I would recommend getting the hard case too unless you can find a cheaper universal hard case. If these came with the hard case I would definitely have given them 5 stars....but, they didn't.

4.0 out of 5 stars From an Audiophile, December 29, 2011
Great. Just great. Not amazing. But great.
I got these after my beats by dre broke. I have to say, these are much better than the 180 dollar beats solos. The bass is great, but not overpowered, the miss and dynamic ranges are all good, but it does lack in the highs. The headphones are not stylish at all, but are ultra portable, and the best headphones you can purchase for the price. If you want more bass go with sony xb series, and if you want more highs, look at some sennheisers or bose. But these are great for everything. I use them for rap, and classic rock. Both Lil Wayne and Billy Joel sound great coming through these bad boys

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product, December 9, 2011
In short, this is a great product. It can be broken down into a compact C shape, it has great quality sound, and the noise canceling works great. It dampens most other sounds, and makes lulls in the background disappear! It is great for studying and isolating oneself into a world of learning or focusing!. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

1.0 out of 5 stars $50.00 I'll never get back, April 9, 2012
Very disappointed so luckily only spent $50.00. 1) I hear a sporadic crackling noise 2) I use these on the train and was getting odd looks. Only when I was using them at home and my wife said she could hear the music when I was wearing them did I realize why my fellow commuters were not happy. I don't listen to my music loud so was surprised when these over the ear headphones were noisy.

These are collecting dust in my bin of crappy products.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, October 19, 2011
C. J. Porter (Virginia Beach, VA) - See all my reviews
We have our patients listening to relaxation sessions in our office. These headphones are fantastic. We never have to worry about the noises in the office disturbing our patients. These are the most comfortable headphones we've ever found. Highly recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and it show, May 31, 2012
I have owned 3 of these headphones, and while I am impressed with the noise canceling quality and the sound is not bad, the build quality is really, really chintzy and every pair has broken. The main problem with these headphones is the fact that the whole unit is made of cheap plastic. If you have a large head - I don't - or extend the headphones too wide to put them on they will snap at the top of the headphones. Guaranteed. We took 3 pairs with us on a vacation and before the plane even landed all three were broken. My wife broke every pair when she put them on. Evidently women don't want to get their hair messed up putting on big headphones so they pull them open wide to slide them over hairdos and earrings and the like. Snap! And you are stuck with a a completely un-repariable pile of junk. It really pissed me off because I used my pair for almost 6 months at work every day with no problems.

See my review of the iGo 48001960 City Active Noise Canceling Hedphones, Brown/Gold to learn why I think the better purchase is that pair. Yes, the noise canceling on this set is better than on those or the Bose $300 pair (but not substantially so), and the price is about the same, but there are other features on the iGo that outweigh these.

In short, if you can handle these with kid gloves and don't mind sweaty ears after extended listening these are worth getting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, April 26, 2012
I have just used these headphones on one airplane trip and I'm pleased with the results. They fit over the ear so the noise canceling feature works great. Just flip on the switch and the engine roar drops away. You can still hear conversation or plug in your favorite music. The music quality may not be up to Bose standards but what do you expect at this price? I got these just for travel and hope the plastic construction stands up to some abuse. They will be standard equipment for me on every airplane trip for as long as they last.

4.0 out of 5 stars great package for great price, January 30, 2012
These are my first pair of noise canceling headphones. The NC is a great feature, though there does exist quite a loud buzzing (like white noise) when the NC is switched on. But for 50$ you can get used to that. Sound quality and volume control are amazing and I love how they fold up for tight packing. They are very comfortable and come with a quarter-inch option and airplane adapter. (which is great)

5.0 out of 5 stars nice sound, December 28, 2011
Headphones have a nice bass sound nice and keep outside noise out. They also fold up for convience. I would recommend these to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke, November 23, 2013
These broke where the earphone meets the headpiece. The noise canceling feature sucked, I heard a constant ssssssssssssss sound with it on. Just having the headphone over my ears was okay to muffle sound from my loud coworkers.