Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Format: PaperbackChange

on January 22, 2011
I just finished reading this book this afternoon. WOW, I've never read anything quite like this before on the creation of the earth, the Bethlehem star, and most of all the second coming. Elwell's research, based upon past earth history, and pagan near eastern creation texts laid out side-by-side with Bible texts for comparison is an awesome and very eye opening study. Don't freak on that "pagan near eastern" thing as Elwell credits God for everything and not some bunch of pagan gods. His take on what the tribulation might really be like and why is completely new and as I read the book I could hardly wait to reach the final chapter where he lays the tribulation out. Planet X figures prominently into Elwell's tribulation theory. All in all, this book is a must read. What if Elwell is even close to correct? My personal impression is this, "I'm glad I read the book". If the tribulation begins to happen anything like the book surmises I won't be caught unaware.
33 comments71 of 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2011
I am a Christian, I've studied planet-x, GABRIEL'S FIST,Nibiru,dwarf star,etc,etc for about 10 years.When I started reading this book I needed only to skim because of the vast information I'd collected. Though I did not agree w/all he wrote,, most was correct-as far as known at this point. I also read a book called the KOLBRIN bible, which is a collection of texts from Egypt and Celtic, They wrote much of the passing of what they termed "the destroyer" as the bible also does, and this was a great help in knowing how much truth was in this book-(planet-x ....)This Kolbrin had not just one or two stories but maybe as many as 30 on just the effects of the destroyers passing, besides all the other stuff. IT IS GOING TO BE THE SCARIEST THING ANYBODY CAN IMAGINE and I believe having a good idea of what to expect will help. The trumpets, horns, it is amazing how much, anyway-
It became evident to me I needed to just come to read the mans conclusion-(especially since reading is difficult for me and since I'd already known what was being written)
His conclusion helped greatly in my understanding of how I believe it is all supposed to turn out,He has theories that you will have to agree with. There are things in there that make perfect sense and I have almost no doubt will come to happen just as he says, but also some I can not say I am in total agreement with but I could also be mistaken.

If you know nothing and want to get right to truth and bypass ALL the crap, this is a good book, especially if you are a TRUE child of GOD and know the preachers are being led by the devil who has taken his seat in the churches and appears as an angel of light to them.If you know much about this coming event-which is only months away, it is well worth reading the conclusion. I also greatly recommend getting the Kolbrin bible because of its vast writings of times when this celestial body passed by before.
11 comment53 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2011
Once in a while, interesting books are published. This is one of them! The whole thesis is really stretching my mind. This book is indeed very lengthy. However, it is important that readers should go through each chapter before coming to the final conclusion of the whole thesis. I'm impressed by the author's ability to link biblical narratives with near eastern literature that explain many interesting facts about the mystery of creation, nativity, and end time. Although close similarities in meanings between literatures are presented, the whole idea seems to be still a postulate.
0Comment24 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2012
After studying as much as I could about Planet X, I have to say that this book is the ultimate as far as information goes. What a thorough and interesting read this is! I was amazed that I could understand all that was being said because it is a very scholarly book, but I was able to keep up with it all and was totally blown away by what I read. Sometimes, I would put it down and just think about what I had just read because of the way it was all tied in to what I believe as a Christian. I found it really amazing how the early civilizations knew about the Creation and yet there were errors in what they believed because of passing down through generations what they knew. Only the Bible gives God's account of creation and the author makes that very clear. I highly recommend this book. It is one I will reread over and over.
on March 31, 2012
I usually do not review books I've read but I had to say something about this book. I just wanted to say that I've just literally finished this book and what an amazing eye-opener. I have always had questions that I've asked my pastor about the creation and the "Enuma Elish" tablets and he just gets frustrated because I won't sit and just be the good boy in the congregation. I started reading this book with a suspicion about the Bible being quite vague on these issues, but as I got into this book I am thoroughly satisfied that my questions have been answered and I truly believe that the Bible IS the inspired word of God. Mr. Elwell has really done his homework on the subject. Especially on his breakdown of the Book of Job. Beautiful. I just wanted to say that he has restored some of my lost faith in my God because he could answer my questions in this book. Thank you sir for writing this book. Another review written by THRILLER JUNKIE says it beautifully and just as I would say it so I copied and pasted it into my review as well. I would ask every God fearing person out there to read this book.

THRILLER JUNKIE says: WOW, I've never read anything quite like this before on the creation of the earth, the Bethlehem star, and most of all the second coming of Christ. Elwell's research, based upon past Earth history and pagan near eastern creation texts laid out side-by-side with Biblical texts for comparison is an awesome and very eye opening study. Don't freak on that "pagan near eastern" thing as Elwell credits God for everything and not some bunch of pagan gods. His take on what the tribulation might really be like and why is completely new and as I read the book I could hardly wait to reach the final chapter where he lays the tribulation out. Planet X figures prominently into Elwell's tribulation theory. All in all, this book is a must read. What if Elwell is even close to correct? My personal impression is this, "I'm glad I read the book". If the tribulation begins to happen anything like the book surmises I won't be caught unaware.
11 comment14 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2011
A very interesting read. As a believer in scripture I found the author used the Babylonian story of creation to support his theory too much for my comfort. When you use Strong's Concordance for translating the Hebrew into English, you will find several words apply in some cases, hence the various translations of the Bible. The author does a good job of making sure he makes a case for his translating of the Hebrew. For me it stretched the meaning of the words on several occasions. Others might not read it that way.
Having said all this it is a thought provoking book.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 6, 2013
Doug Elwell really did his homework writing Planet X. Bringing together the ancient works of the Bible and the
Babylonians, Elwell gives us a coherent picture of the mysterious Star of Bethlehem, Wormwood and its destruction, and the overriding fear mankind has in our collective unconscious.

My favorite part of the book was the very end where Elwell goes through the 7 year tribulation period where he give a plausible explanation for each of the things that happen to earth. Such as the poisoning of the waters and killing a third of the life in the sea. This comes about by Planet X's return into our solar system that would push asteroids from the Asteroid Belt at us, causing them to fall into our oceans poisoning the waters with their chemicals, and possibly the turning them to blood would be from the carbon based life forms that once lived on the asteroids that were once a part of planet earth.

Granted, it's a lot to swallow, but we have modern evidence that backs up the ancient stories like flash-frozen mammoths, and the bones of giant creatures that once roamed our earth. We have the Bible telling us that a thousand years is as a day to The Lord, which Elwell equates to the orbit of Planet X, one day in, one day out just as we have a night a day from our rotation. Maybe Planet X's rotation is a whole lot slower than ours which might give its inhabitants unfathomable lifespans.

We then only have to look at the evidence of spectacular happenings on earth during every 2,000 year cycle and as Elwell points out, we do have exactly that. 2,000 years ago, Jesus was born and a great star was seen in the heavens. Before that, 4,000 years ago, Moses knew about the coming plagues, where again the waters turned to blood, which might have been the iron in an asteroid hitting earth, or like a great dragon, wiping its tail across our skies setting the world on fire.

Elwell gives the reader a lot to think about and his book, Planet X is a valuable resource in the search for the meaning of the "War in Heaven" between Michael and the Dragon. Or we can go on with our comfortable fairy tales instead of doubting what our ancestors were trying to tell us.

Heavily foot-noted from many excellent sources, making sense of a very confusing story.
on September 22, 2012
The book starts with a discussion of the Biblical creation account being a "divine struggle". Then it shifts to ancient Sumerian mythology. It takes awhile before the reader can figure out what the connection is to any of the themes in the title, so make sure you read the author's introduction first. Luckily I am mildly interested in ancient mythology so I did persevere but I think some people might lose interest early in the book.

This book is built on some underlying premises which I was not familiar with, such as that the Biblical creation account was one of conflict, not of peaceful creation. The first chapter tries to establish this and then the author goes on to compare the Biblical account to Sumerian and Babylonian creation accounts. I have not read any of Sitchens' material but this author states that he is in agreement with Sitchen's thinking that the Sumerian and Babylonian creation mythology are actually very scientific accounts of the beginnings of this world disguised as a tale of gods and godesses. He then spends quite a lot of time comparing sections from Enuma Elish, "rewriting" them in astronomical terms. He then does the same with sections of the Bible, from Genesis, Psalms, Isaiah, etc. and spends an entire chapter doing the same with several sections from the book of Job.

I read the book keeping an open mind. But there were so many things that I am not familiar with that it is hard to say much more about it than "very interesting!" I am not a Hebrew scholar so I can't say much about his Hebrew analysis. I am not an astronomer so I also can't comment on the Impact theory or ideas regarding Planet X or the feasibility of such a thing happening. I have not read anything of Sitchens so I must take this author's word for it. Questions would pop into my mind as I read it - the primary one being how would any civilization have remembered such a devastating impact? Who could have survived a 1000 year post-impact "nuclear"-winter to tell the story? I have read the Bible several times and these ideas are certainly not the first things one would notice. But having said that, the Bible is a complex book with new things becoming evident each time one reads or studies through it. The author did an amazing job of showing how many things in the Bible regarding creation, the exodus, the birth of Christ and prophecies about the end times could be accounted for by his Impact theory. I guess we will just have to wait and see -and we may not have to wait very much longer!
on December 26, 2014
This book is a major cut above all the rest! Par Excellence!

A genius perspective, mind blowing & to me personally LIFE ALTERING information!

Well written, immaculately researched and documented!

The author is well educated. Dedicated years to learn Hebrew in order to unravel & reveal for us the treasures in the scriptures especially as it pertains, but not limited, to the book of Job. For centuries, these scriptures held their secrets hidden in plain sight until G-d inspired Mr. Elwell to furnish us with the key/legend to unravel the obscure & seemingly bizarre scriptures in the book of Job and other ancient Mesopotamia/Babylonian writings where now they make perfect sense especially in light of the astronomical happenings going on in the realms above our heads which is only going to increase in intensity & frequency as the days progress.

Truly, we are on the precipice of the End of the Age for as spoken of in Daniel, knowledge is being unsealed for Doug Elwell's research Has opened up a treasure trove of information on the major theme to the book of Job that has been missed for a millennium perhaps even longer!
More than just adding another dimension of meaning to the book of Job, it lays bare & brings true understanding to the Masterfulness of G-d, Almighty and how Planet X is drawing closer to us on Earth as the Jesus's return is about to be heralded!

People! It is time to WAKE UP!
on February 6, 2011
All I can say is I really enjoyed the book. Mr Elwell did a superb job. I believe it has and will surpass all others efforts on the subject of planet X for yrs to come.
0Comment16 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse