5.0 out of 5 stars Large Wedding small budget
Published 18 months ago by Reviewer

1.0 out of 5 stars Not helpful
This book was not helpful. It was very pushy. It gave advice as to what the bride should make the groom do. The book made it seem as the groom should not have his say in the wedding but the bride should pick everything out for him. It also basically said that your engagement ring is a reflection of your groom's worth. The chapter on picking your wedding date comes AFTER...
Published on January 20, 2011 by Amber

5.0 out of 5 stars Large Wedding small budget, October 14, 2012
This review is from: The Busy Brides Bible for Planning a Fabulous Wedding Without the Expensive Cost of a Wedding Planner (Paperback)
I used this book to plan my wedding, because I needed to plan a LARGE wedding on a VERY SMALL budget. It gives many suggestions for cutting cost areas without having to cutting the Beauty of your wedding. Even if you're not a bargain hunter, you should get this book for its great lists of important questions to ask all your vendors. And if you ARE bargain shopper, you need this book for sure. Great ideas, advise and tips!

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I had the Busy Brides Bible when I got married 10 years ago!, October 8, 2012
This book is such a lifesaver! My cousin is getting married and she is as clueless as I am when it comes to wedding planning. We live out in the middle of nowhere so a wedding planner was out of the question. She was at a standstill as to what to do when we came across The Busy Brides Bible. I was a little hesitant to use a planning book because when I got married I used one, but the ideas all cost so much money that the book was pretty useless to me. Not the Busy Brides Bible! We found great tips that did not break the bank. This is so important to my cousin since she and her new husband are just starting out in their careers. They got a beautiful wedding that people could not stop talking about for a great price. This book will save you money! I plan on buying this book for everyone in my family as an engagement present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift for a busy bride!, October 25, 2012
I bought this book as a gift to my extremely stressed out friend who was in the midst of planning her big day! I never knew how stressful a wedding could be and I could see her growing more and more stressed out as her wedding day was approaching. There is so much detail that goes into planning a wedding. When I gave her this book, she told me that her wedding planning became much easier and she was much more organized. It was like having a wedding planner in her bag at all times. She was able to organize her wedding to her high standards with the help that this book gave her and the wedding day went perfectly. It was the most beautiful wedding that I have ever been too!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is amazing, October 24, 2012
This book is amazing! Not only does the author Angela Kear gives lists of everything to do that is in an order anyone can follow. Also she adds Busy Bride Comments at the end of each chapter that simplifies what a bride should do to plan the best wedding possible. I love the straight forward way she writes that gives a step by step to your best wedding possible. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to plan their wedding without a wedding planner and anyone who wants a carefree step by step for their wedding.

5.0 out of 5 stars A well organized book, October 16, 2012
This review is from: Busy Brides (Kindle Edition)
I was doing a research for a book I've been writing and wanted to learn how a professional would plan a wedding.

I had no idea this was so involved. The book starts describing things that need to be planned way before the actual wedding, starting with the engagement. After reading through even the first part, I've started to appreciate how much work actually goes into organizing this event.

I've never even heard of many of the things written here before. Chalk it off to a man's ignorance. But seriously, I think that even for a woman, this book should provide a whole lot of tools that would make the wedding planning a bit more streamlined: resources, ideas, schedules, lists, timelines and a mountain of little details that I bet never even occurred to many women who are trying to plan their wedding without professional help.

I'd rather have the table of contents that is click-able; however, that's just my quirk. I did appreciate the simple instructions, definitions and the bullet points. A well structured and organized book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Huge Godsend to Would-be Brides Everywhere, October 8, 2012
This review is from: Busy Brides (Kindle Edition)
If you're getting married, pick up this book and save yourself from a ton of trouble.

Ask any woman about the "dream wedding" she envisions, and she will probably just simply say, "I want it to be perfect." Naturally. But ask her how, and more often than not, the response you'd get is the facial expression equivalent of a huge question mark.

Indeed, unless you're `Busy Brides Bible' author Angela Kear, or anyone who is a professional events planner, nobody's really an expert at planning their own weddings. As they say, "we make this up as we go." The usual result: frayed nerves, things forgotten at the last minute, orders not up to spec, and generally a less-than-satisfying wedding experience.

Angela Kear's `The Busy Brides Bible' is exactly that--a "bible." It has everything you will ever need in planning your own wedding--or your sister's or friend's wedding. The point is, not only will you know the essentials (the do's and don'ts, the common sensical tips, the spot-on suggestions that can save your life), you'll also know the trends and how to proceed in planning the best wedding you've ever seen in your life--your own.

Obviously, author Angela Kear knows what she's talking about: with her experience as a planner of huge events, including her own fabulous wedding, Angela is in that unique position not only to know the things that matter from a professional perspective, but also the little things that every woman loves--because she's been there, too.

If you're in the middle of wedding preparations and you find yourself sighing and wishing for a dependable right-hand person who could give you the right information every step of the way, then get this book. I can't stress this enough: pick up, download, or order The Busy Brides Bible. It's a five-star book that deserves all the praises heaped upon it. Two thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book!, October 14, 2012
I love this book! Planning a wedding is so so so stressful, but this book made it a little less stressful. I was so overwhelmed when I got engaged because I had no idea where to start. I had never planned or even helped with a wedding before. This book guides you through every step of the wedding process. I referred back to it all the time while planning my wedding.

An Absolute MUST READ If You're Planning YOUR Own Wedding. This book includes EVERYTHING detailed checklists, a budget guide, money saving tips, vendor questions, vendor contract elements, a guest list template, an example wedding itinerary timeline, an example ceremony program, trendiest examples of wedding themes, ceremony and reception sites, wedding color palettes, reception menus, ceremony and reception music, transportation options, signature wedding cocktail recipes, ceremony throw items, attendants' gifts, guest favors, bridal hair, makeup and nail tips, trendy wedding extras and much much more.

The BEST part though, is that there are so many fun tips and cute details in the book...I couldn't put it down :) If you're a bride-to-be, I highly recommend Angela's book...you'll absolutely love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do not get married without this, October 17, 2012
I purchased this book as a gift. Was possibly the best gift I have purchased for my friend.
Even if you just take a few small tips from this book it will save you a fortune. A must have book for anyone getting married.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Planner for Real Brides - and Real Busy Ones too!, October 29, 2012
I'm a college student, I work a full-time job and I'm also a new wife. Yeah, you could say I was a busy bride. Fortunately, I had a wonderful bridesmaid who got me the Busy Brides Bible and we got to work, successfully planning the wedding of my dreams! Great advice, lots of attention to detail - including many I would otherwise have overlooked - and really helps a bride relax and stay focused. There's a lot of wedding planners out there, but if you're a REAL bride (and not one of those plastic ones on top of a three-tiered cake), this is the one you need!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Aid to Brides Everywhere, November 11, 2012
This review is from: Busy Brides (Kindle Edition)
Weddings can be especially dreadful--hence the whole "bridezilla" concept. And a bride who plans her own wedding could be considerably worse-off, as all of the stress sends the blood rushing straight to her head. Angela Kear's guide, then, seeks to eliminate that stress. How well does it do that job?

Very.

I think, more than anything, what brides need is, not to be assuaged or soothed, but to have structure and consistency. The Busy Bride's Bible most definitely illustrates how to achieve such an environment. It gives clear and concise goals by date, details the "do's" and "dont's" of wedding planning, and even sheds some light on contracts with caterers and other service providers. I must say, it's certainly worth the nine bucks to keep your sanity.

ARRAY(0xa0cc272c)