4.0 out of 5 stars Whoa!

Published on June 11, 1999

4.0 out of 5 stars Whoa!, November 28, 2003
Pagancat "pagancat" (Phoenix, Az United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Site Planning, Third Edition (Hardcover)
I'm amazed that people didn't like this book more... I am also a Land Arch student who had it as an assigned book that was rarely actually assigned. I was thumbing through it in hopes of generating ideas for another class and was amazed at the amount of usable information it contained. Perhaps it is better digested in chunks instead of the whole. I found it great as a reference book.

5.0 out of 5 stars ARE Success!, March 31, 2014
This review is from: Site Planning, Third Edition (Hardcover)
It only got a "love it" cause I passed, but this book was in the condition as described and the content helped me pass the Site Planning exam of the Architectural Registration Exams.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull disengaged preaching, June 11, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Site Planning, Third Edition (Hardcover)
The book is much weaker than Lynch's classical piece "The Image of the City". Text sometimes gets dull and too dry, like in many of reference books. In fact, the "referential" quality of "Site Planning" is the only positive feature of the book. When authors pursue the singular goal to create a comprehensive textbook, the liveness of arguments suffers a lot. The book becomes rather a dull close-minded disengaged preaching that requires a lot of effort on the side of a reader to understand and utilize it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Photographically splendid. The pictures are breath - taking., February 21, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Site Planning, Third Edition (Hardcover)
It was the best book I have ever read. I recommend to people who are involved, or want to be involved in the field of landscape architecture.

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay book - required textbook, January 9, 2002
This review is from: Site Planning, Third Edition (Hardcover)
Being a new student of a landscape architecture program, this was a required textbook for one of my classes. After reading between the lines and through the wordiness of the book, I finally understood the point the author was making and found the point interesting. It took a couple of times to finally understand what he was saying, but it was interesting once I understood it. It was on the dry side.

Site Planning, Third Edition
Site Planning, Third Edition by Kevin Lynch (Hardcover - March 13, 1984)
$88.00 $74.70