4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting options for compartment configurations!
Published 10 months ago by Grandma Zizzy

3.0 out of 5 stars Not all dividers adjust
Bought this for my daughter's Rainbow Loom but none of the spaces was large enough for the loom itself although the box is. I wound up using it for other craft stuff and buying the box the Michael's sells for Rainbow Loom. Otherwise it is fine.
Published 6 months ago by RDR

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting options for compartment configurations!, September 7, 2013
This review is from: Plano 23780-00 Deep Stowaway Box with Adjustable Dividers (Sports)
Babysitting my two grandsons (ages 5 and 17 months) has meant some "re-arranging" for Grandpa and I, especially in terms of toy storage! The first thing we did was purchase multiple bookcases with adjustable shelving, and then we found the Plano 3700 series of Stowaways with adjustable dividers that are PERFECT for storing our older grandson's smaller toys (like Thomas trains, Disney "Cars" characters, etc.), and stack beautifully on the shelves (the 3700 series are all 14"L x 9.13"W, with varying heights), maximizing our space! We love these clear containers with secure latches... we keep our older grandson's collectibles on the top shelves, but he can easily see what he'd like to get down and play with, and the secure latches prevent our younger grandson from getting into too much mischief! Once our little guys leave at the end of the day, and on our "just us" weekends, we like to be able to relax in our downstairs family room without feeling like it's a wing of ToysRUs, so having options for cutting down on the clutter has been great.

This particular Stowaway is really useful with its height (though it's NOT the 3.25"H it claims... more like 3 1/8", and you can't store anything taller than 3" inside.) It consists of 4 permanent, horizontal dividers spaced @ 2" apart, which automatically divides the container into 4 compartments. It has 11 dividers that can create up to 11 more compartments (for a total of 15), but we're going to deduct a "star" because there are slats where 7 more dividers COULD go if they'd been included, which could have provided up to 22 compartments instead of 15 --- makes no sense why they didn't include the extra dividers!

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, March 5, 2013
MtWoman (Dallas, Texas) - See all my reviews
I ordered this box to use for spare battery storage, and it is perfect for that. It's tall enough for the C, D, AA, & AAA batteries that I keep to stand on end. And being able to use the spacers to adjust compartments makes it even better. It snaps shut tightly, so no worries that it will pop open, and it is of sturdy plastic that will last awhile, even with heavy usage.

The reason I only gave it 4 stars, is that a handle would make it ideal. I understand that this is usually used as part of a set...an insert in a larger unit...but on it's own, it could really use a handle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Organizer, October 17, 2012
I purchased this to tidy up one of my drawers that was attempting to house my shooting parts/cleaning kits/other associated things and it is fantastic.
I measured it out to make sure it would fit so everything was good on that front. The best thing about it is the layout of the compartments. Like the picture shows you have one large comparment covering maybe 35-40% of the right side that is wide open and then 4 almost identical slender rows on the left. I say almost identical because the row closest to the latches is a bit smaller to account for the indentation near the latches, you can see it in the middle of the forward facing side in the picture.
Also included are several dividers so you can set up the individual compartments in whatever set up you desire. That being said there are prescribed "channels" that the dividers must be slipped into along the base compartments so you can't be completely creative with the size but you can certainly try a lot of different configurations. The plastic is pretty sturdy and the fastening clips aren't bad. I mean honestly it's not made of steel or anything but it seems to be holding up really well so far.
I would reccomend this one over some of the other organizers becuase they all seem to just be comprised of rows and don't have a large open box anywhere like this one does on the right side. If you think this is what you are looking for, I don't think you will be disapointed at all. I am looking for more things to organize as an excuse to get another....

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, June 23, 2014
What can I say Plano is great, I love that it is American made, amazon has a great price for Plano boxes and the quality is excellent. I hope they keep making them here and keep up the good work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and durable, June 9, 2014
It was Fast well packaged and to my expectation! I've used these plastic containers for several years. They hold up well to the abuse I put them through.

5.0 out of 5 stars its plano, May 30, 2014
plano makes the best high quality boxes. i store extra gun parts in here and bring it to the gun range, no issues. what else can you expect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for organizing your small stuff., March 26, 2014
Dr Francophone "Dr MJE" (East Hampton, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Although this small box has hundreds of uses, I use mine for keeping my sewing notions organized, yet visible, so I can find it in a snap! Could be used for crafts, hobbies, office supplies, more. Great closing latches.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality; quite large, March 14, 2014
I bought this to store and organize my batteries. Living in Florida the threat of severe storms is very real, especially in the sumner. We get everything from the daily afternoon thunderstorms to the occasional hurricane. I have several flashlights and battery powered lanterns and I like to keep a good supply of batteries on hand. This case not only holds them all them but also allows them to remain organized. With the compartment dividers, I can keep various sizes separated and can also keep the rechargeable batteries separate from the regular ones. With all the weight, it would probably bust open if dropped but it does handle the weight well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Plano is top notch, January 11, 2014
Brian_F (Boston, MA, USA) - See all my reviews
I got this to replace some drawers in a work toolbox. Plano Molding stuff is well-made and well-designed. Very flexible. Fishing box or high tech parts drawer, it does the job.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not all dividers adjust, January 4, 2014

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Plano 23780-00 Deep Stowaway Box with Adjustable Dividers
$57.99 $14.29
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies