5.0 out of 5 stars Vegucating Ideas that are Easy and Effective, April 29, 2011
This review is from: Plant Peace Daily: Everyday Outreach for People Who Care (Paperback)
I thought this book was truly enlightening. Rae Sikora and Jim Corcoran outline hundreds of different ways that an ordinary person can do vegucating.
They show that you don't need a lot of money or resources to have a large impact on various groups of people, in many different types of environments. They outline activities that are suitable for many different types of activism. Whether you are a good public speaker, very creative yet not real outgoing, or just enjoy writing to companies, there is a role for you in reducing animal suffering. For my first project, our family chose to create displays on veganism for local public libraries. We have already had 2 months worth of displays in 2 libraries and we've had good feedback. Rae and Jim outline each activity so that you can have a good start. It makes a great gift also for fellow veg activists.

5.0 out of 5 stars this book shows how easy it is to get active, May 8, 2011
Rae and Jim have done a wonderful job on this one-of-a-kind outreach book.
I like how their outreach ideas are broken down and how simple their explanations are. Very straight forward and to the point. Full of great examples and tips. And very motivating since some of the ideas are so easy to incorporate into daily life. Get the book and check off all the things you can start doing today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best little guidebook ever, May 1, 2011
I absolutely love this book! Rae Sikora and Jim Corcoran have an amazingly positive and simple approach to reaching out an making a difference. With simple ideas for outreach that anyone can feel comfortable with, this book makes you feel like a superhero. I find it extremely helpful for kids who can get so frustrated at all the animal cruelty around them that they tend to get depressed or lash out. This book gives them great tips on how to make a positive difference, from creating local groups to using local media, or simply handing out leaflets, Rae and Jim will help empower them to handle any situation in a non-confrontational and intelligent manner. It also includes many helpful links to organizations that can help provide literature and posters.
Makes a great gift for anyone in your life who is interested in vegetarianism or veganism.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect timing, August 7, 2011
Through recent participation in some local animal advocacy tabling, I realized how much passion I had for outreach. I wanted to continue and had a few ideas to start with but then I happened upon this book and realized it was exactly what I was looking for! I bought the book at a recent vegetarian conference and having heard Rae and Jim speak before, I knew that it would be filled with ideas from their years of compassionate outreach experiences. They are fantastic, dynamic speakers and their personal style comes through in the many original and effective ideas. I don't know of another book like this. It underscores the value of each and every effort, no matter how small and reminds the reader of the signifcant impact our efforts can have. It is definitely worth having in your back pocket!!

Plant Peace Daily: Everyday Outreach for People Who Care
Plant Peace Daily: Everyday Outreach for People Who Care by Rae Sikora (Paperback - April 18, 2011)
$10.95 $9.86