Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ProPlugger 5-In-1 Lawn & Garden Planting Tool
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 3, 2013
The ProPlugger XL I ordered from Amazon arrived on time. The sun was going down but I was anxious to try it. I have been wanting to encircle my pine island with transplanted Lirope. After clearing the edge of weeds, etc., the ProPlugger took me about 25 minutes to make the holes, harvest, and transplant over 150 Lirope plugs. The job was done before the sun went down! I am going to use it to grow Zeon Zoysia in my entire yard. I may buy another to make even better time! Made in the USA, inventor lives in South Carolina. Every now and then a product comes along that works as advertised and makes you feel good about supporting a USA product. ProPlugger is worth the price...why are you still reading these reviews??? Point, click, and ship so you can use yours this week!
on October 26, 2013
Received quickly, good packaging, heavyweight, solid tool. I was skeptical that this plugger would do all it said, but I just dug 100 plugs in under an hour, and I am probably the most out of shape person in the world. Ok, maybe not the world, but not in-shape at all. Step on it with one foot, put your weight on it with a little twist, and bingo, that sucker pops right out of there - no kidding. It took about 10 holes to get the hang of it, but once I did, wow! The dirt dumped out like it was hand scooped in there, once it was full. Couldn't believe it. I have clay soil too, I must mention. It is the bane of my existence. The great thing is, I need some backfill under my deck, so I just dump it right from the plugger under the deck, and will fill my holes with rich garden soil. I have 400 bulbs to plant this weekend, and it is 9:30 Sat am, and I am 1/4 of the way done. I would have paid much more for this beauty. Priceless.
on October 19, 2012
Great product & idiot-friendly. Perfect for bermuda grass. So easy, my young kids help. The hollow tube is the key. It's so fast & you can pull 8-10 plugs at at time versus solo pluggers at hardware stores. From start to finish, I did 100 plugs in 30 minutes.
1. Pull plug
6. Water daily
7. Done

Go Irish!
on October 4, 2012
I bought this to help my son-in-law with his yard. He doesn't have the necessary time to seed so I thought I would try this. I read all the reviews and most were very positive. Let me add my positive review to the many others. My son-in-law and I did 100 plugs in about an hour and that is including our learning curve to use it. Step down until you bottom out (we used the 4 inch ring) and then twist... not before. Also make sure that the soil is well moistened. You may want to water the day before. We used it on very thick zoysia and it worked very well. He did the plugging and I filled the holes. This is a great product and it is made in the USA. What more could you ask for?
on April 8, 2011
I LOVE the proplugger!! I had ordered a different device (that was cheaper) initially but it was worthless - very difficult/next to impossible to use - and I returned it. The proplugger works like a dream! I actually enjoy doing it! I have to admit I was skeptical about the plugs emptying so easily as the you tube video shows but it works! I have plugged over 300 zoysia grass plugs taken from an already established area and moved them to a different area of the lawn. I have LOTS more to go. You have a great product!!!
on May 22, 2014
This item does everything wonderfully! I punched/dug over 600 holes in my lawn for lawn plugs and it was waaaay easy with this tool. The only odd thing I ran into, is this digs round holes, yet the local big box home center sells trays of lawn plugs that are rectangular. I realized this was actually a plus as when I "stretched" the round hole to accept the rectangular plug, it snapped back to hold the plug in snugly....so it turned out to be a good thing for me.
on November 2, 2014
I like the tool but after around 400 holes in one day, one handle started to bend down and deform. I doubt that I will be able to use this much longer without breaking a handle off and ruining the tool.

The metal should be thicker the whole distance of the tube. I would prefer it to be at least twice as thick as it is. While it would add weight, it would make it much stronger and less likely to break.

**********************************

I have chosen to upgrade my review to 4 stars. A company representative contacted me to let me voice my concerns about the tool. He also gave me a little background on why the deformation happened and how to prevent it from happening further. Needless to say, my problem happened because I am super muscular and may have manhandled the tool too much. Well, at least that is what I told my wife the rep said...

Anyways, how often can you say that any faceless company really cared about what you thought about their product? That is worth a star for sure
on July 6, 2010
I had a major problem with grass growth along the border of a large garden area. However, my grass in 95% of my other lawn areas was in perfect condition. I was reading through options on repairing this area and I stumbled on to the Proplugger and decided to purchase it. The Proplugger is a simple tool that turns your great grass areas into a sod farm. It works as advertised! It is very simple to use and the sod samples fall right out with just a little application of gravity. You have to remember to keep the moisture going on both your transplants and your donor areas to encourage growth and repair of the donor area. I used several of the cocoa disks and they work great. After I ran out of the disks, I made my own soil filler to fill the holes in donor areas. All in all, the Proplugger is a great product!
on September 30, 2015
Just received the 5-in-1 yesterday and true to the instructions don't waste your time in dry ground. The tool went in the ground perfect but no plug came out. Last night we had probably an inch of rain so I went back to make a second attempt. I liturally plugged and planted about 100 pachysandra in about an hour. I didn't even have to step on it. Just push it down with a twisting motion, if you encounter a rock just move over a bit. Un believable tool so glad I found it.
review image
on November 12, 2013
I LOVE this tool! I had over 100 bulbs to plant this season. I planted the first 25 or so with a hand bulb planter and it took me over 2 hours. It broke and I had blisters all over my right palm. I decided to order the ProPlugger and am SO glad I did! It is well built and very sturdy. It worked exactly as promised and was easy to clean up afterward. I planted the remaining 75 bulbs with the ProPlugger and it took just over an hour and it was easy! I can't say enough about this product! Hands down one of the best lawn & garden purchases I have ever made.