Published on April 9, 2011 by Mike Durfee

2.0 out of 5 stars Gather Mold Very Quickly
The soap will get lots of air, and I love the design and the looks. However, it gathers mold very quickly. (Does any of you have an idea how to prevent it?) Otherwise, it is a great product.
Published on March 20, 2011 by moretolerance

4.0 out of 5 stars I wish the rest of my life was as simple as this soap dish!!!, April 9, 2011
This review is from: Wood Slated Soap Dish
Sometimes life throws you a major curveball and you end up shopping for a soap dish when that was the LAST thing you wanted to be spending money on in this economy! But hey, one thing leads to another, and there you are surfing the net at 3:30am looking for a soap dish that's not a piece of crap like the Everloc EL-10200 Soap and Sponge holder (in Chrome)! (Remind me to tell you about THAT one later. (will try and post review.)

But let's stay positive! The soap dish I'm talking about here is the Plantlife Natural Body Care Wood Slated Soap Dish, and I love this product, even though, like I said, it was the LAST thing I wanted to be buying right now. I was trying to save up for a juicer for my girlfriend, and as you probably know, they are NOT CHEAP! But I'm no longer looking for a juicer because my girlfriend and I broke up six months ago. I am totally fine with this, and know that LIFE GOES ON! I definitely am still open to getting back together, but that doesn't seem likely when I have just signed a one year lease for a crappy studio apartment that has a lot of problems. The first problem is that it's a studio apartment! LOL! The other is that one of the burners on the stove doesn't work which I don't mind because never use more than one burner when I'm cooking (two at the most if I'm trying to do gourmet!!! Ooo la la!). The last thing is in the bathtub. The soap holder thing that's normally on the wall in EVERY BATHROOM IN AMERICA has broken off and it's nowhere to be found. I know what you're going to say, "Mike! Call your landlord!" Well, I did and she just tells me the apartment comes "as is" like it said in the ad. (I go back and look at the ad on Craigslist and she was right, so I don't have a leg to stand on.)

I had to take matter into my own hands!!! For awhile I just put the soap on edge of the bathtub, but it left a huge gunky spot of soap scum on the tub. NO THANKS!!! Then I tried using a small plate but it kept falling in the tub and I was afraid it would break. My friend told me about a woman he saw on Dateline that slipped and broke the glass door in her shower and she bled out before she could call 911. I want a clean tub, but I'm not willing to die for it! LOL!!!

So I went online and originally got the Everloc EL-10200 Soap and Sponge holder (in Chrome). But they should have called it the "NEVERloc" Soap Holder! Because the suction cups wouldn't stay sucked onto the wall for more than like two seconds once the wall got wet! Uh, it's a BATH TUB!!! The walls are gonna get wet! So I returned it and got my money back and decided to get this soap dish because it's made out of wood and won't break. Plus I'm kind of zen and like the natural look. Suzanne HATED when I would talk about being zen, but she's a crazy you-know-what who hated EVERYTHING!!! Anyway, this soap dish is cheap, works great, won't break if it falls in the tub (which it only did once and I'm pretty sure I hit it with a wash rag), and will work anywhere, so I can take it with me when I move out of this crap hole and (maybe) back in my old apartment with Suzanne (who would probably hate this soap dish!)

2.0 out of 5 stars Gather Mold Very Quickly, March 20, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for bar soaps, July 5, 2010
Amit Ahuja (Sunnyvale, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wood Slated Soap Dish
Convenient soap drip dish. Nice looking and does its job. Seller sends free samples of other stuff they sell. Great price.

2.0 out of 5 stars moldy mess, June 23, 2012
This review is from: Wood Slated Soap Dish
I loved this soap dish the first few days, kept the soap dry and kept it from getting slimy and melting. But after that the wood started to turn somewhat grey and black. I have tried to clean it and sprayed it with bleach bathroom cleaner, but nothing changed. I wish I had purchased a plastic one that could have been washed properly. Not sure how long it will be before it hits the trash. Our bathroom is not very damp except for right after a shower and we keep the shower door open so it can dry out quickly....oh well, win some, lose some

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, January 31, 2012
A. Guy (Timmins, ON, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wood Slated Soap Dish
Love these beautiful wooden soap dishes. They drain well, which has been a problem with groove type styles. They look cute & work great for a simple decor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, good quality, January 6, 2011
This review is from: Wood Slated Soap Dish
From the picture, I was expecting a flimsy wooden soap holder, but it's actually very sturdy! I'm very happy with it all around and I would definitely recommend it.

Also, there was a slight mistake in shipment of my order. However, the people at Plantlife called back within 20 minutes and fixed the issue immediately. They were very friendly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, January 20, 2014
Jackie Byars (Ann Arbor, MI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wood Slated Soap Dish
I use it to air out a bath sponge, and it works fine. I have had no problem with mildew, as some say they have.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, September 11, 2011
This review is from: Wood Slated Soap Dish
This is a very poor quality product. It quickly starts disintegrating and molding. Icky! I have purchased bamboo soap dishes in the past that lasted years. Not so with this one. Not a good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, July 29, 2011
This review is from: Wood Slated Soap Dish
Well made and attractive soap tray. They even sent me a good size soap sample that I used and enjoyed. I even ordered some full size soaps. Very nice. It is nice when the company seems to care.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product and great service., March 17, 2011
This review is from: Wood Slated Soap Dish
Although we only ordered a few of the soup dish, which are great looking products, seller even included some samples and a nice note. Very pleased.

ARRAY(0xd92d1edc)