Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on February 24, 2014
The Plantronics Y Splitter is an essential component to any business that likes to do on the spot coaching of staff that interact via phone with customers. This allows you to sit next to a rep and listen to their phone calls so that you can provide guidance and ensure quality levels.

We use them in my businesses so that we can give on the spot coaching. The coaching helps employees feel like we're hands on in improving their performance, and it also allows us to correct issues as they arise immediately instead of after the fact. Since it functions with the quick disconnect it allows quick and easy set up.

Overall, the quality of the product is decent. Likely a 3.5 - 4 star quality, but the pricing on the product dictated a higher scoring since it's very affordable

Just remember, short side to rep, long side to QA or whoever else is monitoring.
on November 17, 2010
This item is the Y-connector that call centers use to train people. You connect one side to the cable coming out of the phone that normally goes to your headset, and the other end has two connectors, one for your headset and one for the trainee-trainer headset. You can toggle back and forth letting the trainee talk or just listen, allowing you to use the headset throughout the whole training process. I even leave it connected to a new employee for a while without me sitting next to them, allowing me to 'jack in' to their call anytime they need me to listen in. Exactly what I was looking for. I'm sure it works with other brand headsets, but we're using it with Plantronics and Cisco phones.
on February 21, 2013
The Plantronics Y-Splitter Adapter is Necessary to help and train your staff. If you want to listen to the call/person your employee is currently speaking to, the adapter can help you "phone feed" or easily capable of switching the call so you can take over.
on December 31, 2012
We needed a way for our Customer Support managers to be able to train and jump in on calls on other phones. This was an inexpensive way to accomplish just that. The second user can mute out so you don't hear them breathing into the mic, or jump on when their attention is needed.
on April 25, 2016
These are Plantronics compatible y-splitters and they work fine. But the cables I received are not original Plantronics products as advertised, the ones I got are generic, they don’t even look the same as the ones in the picture. And yes, I do own other original Plantronics y-splitters, so I know the obvious difference.

ZERO STARS to this seller (American Telecom Headquarters) for pulling this kind of crap on their customers.
on July 10, 2014
Use this daily in a call center. This one is for a new Supervisor not a replacement, if you need to train phone reps this is a great way to do so. Product is built very well and will last for years.
on April 3, 2015
great product and pricing
on June 29, 2009
Works great for training with any plantronics quick disconnect set. We even went away from our USB headsets to move to telephony headsets with QD using USB converters just so we can use this item
on May 16, 2014
Customer needed to train people to answer the phones. This cable allows them to listen in and if necessary take over the conversation. They love it.
on May 20, 2014
I purchased this for work, i couldn't get the boss to get us one so I got it myself, works great for training, I couldn't train without it.