Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Plantronics 89800-41 BackBeat Go 2 Wireless Earbud...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 75% off the $79.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Plantronics 89800-41 BackBeat Go 2 Wireless Earbuds - Frustration-Free Packaging - White
|Price:||$48.17 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$31.82 (40%)|
- This product is not intended for active fitness engagement - like running, as this indeed can cause instability in the ear, and can fall out. The product does ship with a gel-type ear stabilizer on the ear bud - making it ideal for walking.
- WIRELESS EARBUDS: Bluetooth enabled cordless headphones allow you to lose the cord while providing an enhanced and immersive audio experience.
- WATERPROOF TECHNOLOGY: Earbuds are constructed with military grade technology that features waterproof and sweatproof protection for use during intense workouts.
- COMPACT: Bluetooth enabled wireless earbuds easily slip into your pocket making them perfect travel headphones while still packing a full-on stereo sound.
- Best Supported when plugged in 3.5mm plug.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Size (LWH): 1.85 inches, 7.09 inches, 4.92 inches
- Weight: 0.8 ounces
Style Name: Without Charging Case | Color: White | Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging
Top Customer Reviews
- Very good sound quality for Bluetooth
- Good bass response
- Easy to pair and use
- Sweat/water resistant
- Pair up to 8 devices
- Poor battery life
- Cable can snag on your neck during workouts
The BackBeat GO 2 (BBG2) weighs just 14 grams and is reasonably comfortable to wear. My ears did ache a little and felt itchy after wearing them for a couple of hours straight, but that's not unlike most other earphones. The BackBeat GO 2 uses rubber "stabilizers" to help keep the speakers safely in your ears so if you wear them during your fitness activities, they won't fall out. They're similar to the design used in some of Plantronics' Bluetooth mono headsets. The BBG2 comes with the medium eartips installed as well as another set of small and large tips.
For a Bluetooth earphone that doesn't support aptX, the BBG2 sounds very good. I enjoyed listening to music with them, including lots of modern music that have lots of bass. Movies were also fun to watch and the good bass response helped in scenes with lots of special effects and explosions. As with any earphone, it's important to get a proper seal to get the best sound quality and the BBG2 is no different. Plantronics stresses this point frequently in their literature.
DESIGN & FEATURES
The BBG2 isn't completely "wireless," per se, because the left and right speakers are attached via a short cable with a remote attached.Read more ›
Plantronics BackBeat GO 2 Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Earbuds - Retail Packaging - Black
LG Electronics Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black
SONY DR-BT150NC-B Black | In-Ear Bluetooth Wireless Noise Canceling Headphones (Japanese Import)
The first set I went with was the LG Tone. I didn't like it, for the following reasons:
* The setup was awkward. Wires coming out of a rigid frame looked weird to me, like I was part of some science experiment. And it was not easy to get the earbuds to seat themselves back into the rigid frame. The magnets were supposed to make this easy, but the whole thing was visually and mechanically awkward.
* The sound was tinny. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't great, and I didn't think it was good enough. I'm no audiphile, but I wanted better.
The next pair I tried was the BackBeat GO 2, which I liked a lot better. Here are additional details.
* The sound was better, with better bass.
* The design was much better and simpler, which is very close to what I wanted.
* The controls were somewhat small and difficult to get at, which I was not crazy about.
* The earbuds were not terribly comfortable, which proved frustrating and literally irritating.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you're going to move around, it's going to annoy you by falling out of your ear regularly. Better to get something with an over the ear hook.Published 17 hours ago by tksauce
They are not very loud plus i have tried all 3 sizes of the bud replacements and they keep falling out of my ears.Published 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
First set of wireless earbuds I purchase and they're worth the price.. they sound great and I love the simple bluetooth connection.Published 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
still trying to run with music playing without fidgeting the earbuds. may need to change out the buds to better suit my ears. overall great sound and battery life is approx 4hr.Published 4 days ago by D. Anish
It sounded great but I had problems keeping these buds in my ears as they always felt out all the time even with the rubber attachments on the buds. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Papa Giorgio
Great set of headphones. They come a bit loose while running after starting to sweat, but during a half marathon, I only had to adjust about 5 times. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Jacqueline T.
I'd give it five stars if the battery lasted longer but the sound is clear as a bell. Well made, durable. Worth the price of admission.Published 6 days ago by Kent Fujiwara
These are great in theory, but there seems to be a constant struggle between keeping them in my ears and smashing the earbuds in a way that blocks the sound.Published 6 days ago by Beck Lucas