4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price
As economic headsets go, this one is defiantely a leader of the pack. Yes, there are nicer sounding and more comfortable ones out there, but not for anywhere near what these cost.

I use these for listening to music and watching TV shows on my computer. My kids use the heck out of them talking to their cousins via Skype.

The sound quality is good,...
Published on December 20, 2011 by W. L. Holder

2.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable Headset
Published on November 30, 2011 by E. David Swan

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price, December 20, 2011
W. L. Holder (Phoenix, AZ, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plantronics .Audio 628 Stereo USB Headset (.Audio 628) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

The sound quality is good, better than I thought it would be actually. While they are not as good as some of the high end 'monitor' type headphones, these are likely better than what you are using now. The phone functions of the headset works easily and installation is almost thoughtless.

I have a big head (7 3/4 hat size), and these are comfortable on me. Not sure Id want to wear them all day, but I had no problem watching 2 hour movie with them on.

Overall, I can easily recomend these to anyone in the market for this type of product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally satisfied, December 3, 2012
Amazon Customer (Philadelphia, PA USA) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I use this headset for dictating with Dragon Naturally Speaking, and I am totally satisfied. It is comfortable to wear for long periods, and the accuracy is excellent. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Headset to OWN, April 20, 2013
Best headset I have purchased in a very long time. For some reason these things are not made to last apparently, because I have gone through at least a dozen of headset/mic combo's within the last 2 years. So far the Plantronics headset sound quality is BY FAR SUPERIOR to any other brand. They even have the necessary bass. Cover over the ear area is really comfortable, as well as the adjustable head area, sits very comfortably on anyone. I am very pleased with this model. :D Was also the owner of the 626 model that was discontinued, also another very good one. 5 stars from me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable Headset, November 30, 2011
E. David Swan (Denver, Colorado USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my first USB Headset and I like being able to listen to music through the USB drive although since just about every computer has a headphone jack it's not a completely necessary product for me. The sound seems fine although I'm not really an audiophile so I may be easily pleased. It's in the general design where things fall apart. I have three headphones at my desk; a cheap pair of Radio Shack headphones that wrap around the back of my head, a pair of Plantronics that my job gave me for phone calls and my new pair of Plantronics that I'm reviewing. This is a classic case of, 'what were they thinking???'. My Radio Shack headphones are very comfortable and unobtrusive sitting on my head. My old Plantronics wrap over the top of my head but they're rounded so the pressure of the headphones is diffused. The NEW Plantronics, by contrast, have a flat top so all the pressure sits on one small spot on the crown of my head. You would be surprised at how much pressure a lightweight pair of headphones can apply. The stupidity of this design decision is just beyond me. As I wear the headpiece I can't help but focus on that one small pressure point like a hard finger applying just a little bit of force down on my head. I could go into the other nice aspects of the headset but I can't possibly recommend them just because they are so bloody irritating to wear. I actually felt myself getting a mild headache even after I took them off. Bad bad bad decision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and comfort, April 5, 2012
Tom "Tom" (California USA) - See all my reviews
Love this headset. It is very comfortable and the sound is great with Skype. Easy setup and works with skype immediately.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound quality and features, lacking in comfort., January 12, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have the Plantronics .Audio 655 Headset and GameComPro1 PC Gaming Headset with the latter being my 'standard' headset. Both are mainly used for gaming and chat clients such as Ventrilo, Teamspeak, or via game consoles which is how I used the .Audio 628 headset as well.

The sound quality is pretty acceptable. These aren't headphones for every day listening so audiophiles need not apply but putting that notion aside both incoming and outgoing sound is clear (assuming the mic sensitivity and output are dialed in properly of course). The in line controls on this model work well and the raised +/- on the volume defines the function easily when blindly operating the device. I personally have not used this headset for Skype, as I don't have anybody to Skype with on a whim, but I would hazard a guess the phone button picks up and hangs up just fine. Functionally this is a respectable headset.

On to comfort, and perhaps to a lesser extent build quality, I'm going to have to knock a star. These aren't horridly uncomfortable, or prone to inflicting excessive inward pressure like the .Audio 655 Headset was for me, but they don't feel very secure or well-positioned while on my head. Overall they feel under-weighted with little spring to them outside general curve on the unit. They sort of remind me of the feel that the packaged headphones used to have with a cheap discman. Ultimately they wouldn't be my first choice for extended use but being that they're marketed/designed for Skyping I think they are adequate for light use to that end given the price point.

All things considered not too shabby. A little uncomfortable albeit not in a painful/distracting way but the sound quality, simple features, and price make it a decent headset to recommend for pedestrian use of Skype and other chat clients. If you find yourself in need of something a little more substantial or demand comfort for extended wear then I would suggest looking elsewhere.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap headset, January 13, 2013
I bought this to use with Rosetta Stone. The sound quality was poor and there was so much static that you often couldn't hear what was being said. I returned after trying to use it for 2 days. I would definitely not recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great with Dragon, December 2, 2013
We got this headset to use with Dragon Naturally Speaking and Windows 7, and it works great. The fact that it can also be used for Skype and gaming is an added bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars This headset is the best I've used yet!, August 12, 2013
I have had so many headsets from cheap (10-$18) to a bit more expensive (25-$100)and I have had terrible luck. If the audio quality was good, they killed my ears, or, if they spared my poor ears, they would be too heavy and kink my neck.

This is the only headset that doesn't hurt my head, has great audio quality in the mouthpiece and in the ears, and I can wear my glasses or earrings with it. No more headaches. This is a great price for such an awesome set.

One con I will mention, I do wish the volume remote on the cord could be disabled... I bump it occasionally and mute myself or turn my own volume down. A lot of that is my own clumsiness though so I have to make sure I know where it's located, often. :)

This is definitely worth the buy. :D

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality head set for my job, March 17, 2014
These are a great thing for my job at an at-home call center. The sound quality is fine for my calls and I can hear people clearly on my end. I like the long cord. The last pair I had lasted two years before finally wearing out. The set is a bit tight in my head which pinches my ears and hurts after a while. I have a pretty small head, so buyers might think about that if their heads a medium or large.