1,863 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars highly recommended
Also own a Backbeat 906. When I decided to buy a second headset, I chose this 903+ without second thoughts even though there wasn't any price discounts for this newly released product. The sound quality, when listening to stereo music, is excellent.

A new and neat feature is that, after you turn on this headset, a female voice announces/whispers to you the...
Published on October 12, 2010 by Lombard Street

1,335 of 1,386 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Good Sound; short sighted design
This is a very specific review to help others figure out if this product will fill a specific need. I couldn't find this info when I was making my purchasing decision so I'm leaving this review to help others.

In my case I purchased these headphones specifically for use with a desktop computer to use with skype and general music listening. The idea was to use...
Published on December 4, 2010 by Robert J. Pankratz

1.0 out of 5 stars Such poor lifespan - do not buy these, June 3, 2011
This review is from: Plantronics BackBeat 903+ Headset - Retail Packaging (Wireless Phone Accessory)
These headphones are amazing in the freedom they give you from a wired headset. I absolutely fell in love with these the first time I used them. On my first set the buttons were hard to push and not very responsive. I was able to use for two full charges before they died. I plugged them in and got a quick flashing red light. When I searched on this condition, I found that it was a common complaint about these headphones. The flashing red light means they are dead, non recoverable.

I sent these back and ordered a second set hoping I had just ordered a dud. The next set came, the buttons worked perfectly on this headset. Made it to my third charge again, and the red light is blinking quickly. Another dead set after two weeks.

Not worth the hassle of reordering and sending back. Plantronics has made a very bad product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones for running!, November 19, 2012
Raphael J Altman (Mullica Hill, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
Just bought these for running in the Philly half marathon. I generally don't wear headphones that much as I am out running alongside the road and like to be able to listen for oncoming cars. On those occasions where I run with headphones, I have struggled to find ones that stay on and are comfortable (not to mention dealing with the wire bouncing around). Decided to give these a try and was really impressed. The setup with my IPhone4 was really quick. The headphones fit well, were comfortable and never felt like they would come loose.

I was nervous as the first time I used them was in the race. Doing anything for the first time during a race is typically a no-no but everything worked out great. Only small complaint was that every once in a while I would get a break where I would lose the music for a second or less but then it would come right back. I am not sure if this is because of interference with other bluetooth signals or the fact that the phone was buried in my pocket. This was just a small issue though. Overall, very happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stereo bluetooth headset that is really sport-friendly., February 1, 2012
Context: Tried other before, been disappointed but gave these a shot...
I've been disappointed before with bluetooth headsets that promise to be sport-friendly, and ultimately return to wired headphones - which I hate. In general, bluetooth headsets I've tried don't hold their positioning on your head or in your ears, even when just jogging around the neighbourhood. I had some rare free time in mid-2011 and updated my search for something that may work and decided to purchase these right here on Amazon.

Use for sports ...and I'm happy with them because they're very stable...
Just about 6 months later, with almost-daily use, I am very satisfied with these for sports, with some exceptions I consider minor, which I share below. For jogging and running they are flawless in terms of stability on your head an in your ears. I've also kept them on while warming up before basketball pick-up games and they are acceptable if you're just shooting around.

Range ...even though I had to get an arm-band to ensure a good-quality connection...
I use my iPhone for music and tracking when I run, and if I keep the iPhone in my short pockets or on a belt strap, the connection to the headphones is very unstable. The music will go on and off and this is a real nuisance. However, I found an armband for my phone, and in that position the connection has never dropped.

Telephone calls ...I've answered calls on them and haven't encountered any issues so far...
Transition between music and calls is smooth, and as far as I can tell people can hear me perfectly even when I am outdoors.

Battery life ...and I can charge them overnight once a week or so ...
Battery life is acceptable as well, lasting about 5 days of 1-hour daily jogs

Controls ... but I limit my on-the-run control to basic functions, which have well-positioned controls...
These headphones several controls and frankly almost all of them are a nuisance to operate. I basically turn the thing on and off, and use the call-answer button which is well-placed and easy to reach without fiddling. It also has controls for volume and skipping songs - I don't use them and if I need to access these functions, I do it from my phone. The buttons are small, out of sight and close to each other. I recommend investing in preparing a good playlist instead.

All-day use ... I do only use them for sports.
I do not use these other than for sports, so I cannot offer an opinion on whether they are confortable or not in long-term use.

5.0 out of 5 stars A big step up in BT headphones, March 24, 2011
Samuel Naffziger (Fort Collins, CO United States) - See all my reviews
I used the Motorola S9's for quite a while, but went through two pairs since the buttons deteriorated and quit working. These Plantronic's are better in several ways:
* The phone experience is great. Sound in both ears, and my wife says my voice is clear on the other side. Controls for mute, voice dialing on/off are easy to use.
* Sound is impressive, at least for a non-audiophile like me. I've had mixed results with the bass boost which seems to distort the sound sometimes, but it's not necessary.
* The for factor is more versatile without the bulky behind-the-head structure. I've used them snowboarding, biking and weightlifting and they are firm and unobtrusive.
* The BT connection is very reliable. I haven't had cut-out/in issues when my phone is in a pocket or on the wrong side of my body. The connection is just solid regardless.
* The track skip/back controls are a little difficult, but that's largely unavoidable to make them robust and avoid unintentional use.
So in all, I'm very pleased with these.

5.0 out of 5 stars too long shelf life, January 4, 2012
Do not buy these! Sure,they sound great and work well...for about one week! I bought them for a christmas gift only to find out after they failed and I contacted the company that they were manufactured in 2009 and the warranty had expired!! Thanks Amazon!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Headset; Known QC Issues, January 23, 2011
In short: Great headphones, I'll keep buying this model until I find a pair that works.

I had received the original 903s for Christmas and I loved them. They fell out of the car one night after getting home from the gym and were run over the next morning, so I decided to pick up the 903+s. It is difficult to lift, do cardio, yoga, and plyo in the gym while tethered to a phone, and having headphones with a connecter or mic in the line tend to be a nuisance while running, so wireless is the perfect solution.

So, I received my 903+s in the mail and headed out to the gym that night. I was stoked that the headphones had their own battery display on the iPhone, like the Apple Bluetooth headset does, and that play/pause skip forward/back and all the other functions seemed to work properly. Towards the end of my workout, after about an hour and a half of use, the Voice Control feature on my iPhone started engaging itself. First I thought I had hit some button on the headphones by mistake. A few minutes later it happened again. And again. I assumed my iPhone had an issue, so I restarted and performed basic troubleshooting. It kept happening. I finished my workout and headed home.

I set my headphones and iPhone down on my bedside table, and Voice Control continued to enable itself. I took the headphones out and plugged them into the charger and hoped that it would be better the next day.

I headed to the gym the next day, only to discover that the headphones wouldn't turn on at all. I did a quick search online to see if there were any known issues or quick fixes. Turns out, according to the Plantronics forums, that these headphones tend to start having problems, if not outright dying, after very little use. Bummer. So I returned that pair and am currently waiting for a new pair.

The fit is good enough, the sound is good (don't forget that they have their own audio level control), and they're handy as a Bluetooth headset. I would give five stars if they didn't have this QC issue; after exhaustive research, these seem to be the best on the market. When they work, they're perfect.

Excited for my next pair!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for all intended uses, March 29, 2012
I bought these after a recommendation from a friend and the opportunity to give his pair a trial run prior to the purchase. He has has them for almost a year and have had them for 2 months. I have used them from every purpose from my handheld head set for making business calls (over 50 a day), listening to music on my laptop (at home) and on my iphone while I am exercising. I run about 45 mins- 1hr/ day, 4-5 times a week and they fit well and stay firmly attached.
The sound quality is great for both music and phone calls. The mic picks up your voice well and there have been no complaints from the other end regarding any issues hearing me.
The package I received gave a complete (but simplified) breakdown of initial set up, the control buttons and the meaning behind each light color and flashes. It's also nice having a voice telling you the when connected/ disconnected and how much listening/ talking time you have left. The control buttons on the ears are easy to use. The transition from music to a phone call and back is a simple as one click of a button. Very convenient. The ability to toggle through songs by pressing one button on the headset without having to pull out the phone or be in front of your laptop is great. It takes about a day's use to become completely comfortable with buttons.
Some additional thoughts. If you are looking for earplugs for music only, these might not be best for you as they do not create a "seal" within the ear. There is some space left and thus some outside noise does get in. This is fine with me given that I am the type of person that prefers to be able to have a decent sense of what is going on around me at all times. Also, this noise is not intrusive given how the headset is so well rounded. I do have to say that it is a bit cumbersome to get them on the ears each time. I have found this to be true for almost all wireless headsets, but hopefully that they will find a way to make this a bit easier.
All in all, a great product that I would definitely recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars It didn't work again., September 26, 2013
This one is a replaced one . But after 3 months, it didn't work again. I want to know how to handle it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disconnects, Uncomfortable and Died, September 17, 2013
Was very excited about these headphones. Paired up with my Samsung Galaxy S3 for outdoor running, going to the gym, and conference calls in my home office. While running, with my phone in an armband on my left side - it would constantly disconnect for a second and then reconnect. That would happen frequently during a run. After about an hour, I was happy to remove them from my ears - they would get very uncomfortable. Today while I was at the gym, they independently tried to redial my last phone call (while listening to Pandora), and now I can not get the headset to turn off. Waiting for the battery to die. I'm checking to see if I can return them. I think I only had them about two months.

4.0 out of 5 stars Working well after 2 years of use, June 27, 2013
I bought this product in the summer of 2011. It stopped working just shy of the 1 year warranty period. I got a replacement from Plantronics - who responded promptly. It has been working nicely since then. I use it repeatedly - during excecise and travel.

Rate and Discover Movies