- Size (LWH): 1.18 inches, 0.55 inches, 1.34 inches
- Weight: 0.48 ounces
- Minimum Rated Talk Time: 4.5 hours
- Minimum Rated Standby Time: 240 hours
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Plantronics BackBeat GO Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headset, Retail, Black, 86800-03" because the old one "BackBeat GO
- WIRELESS EARBUDS: Bluetooth enabled cordless headphones allow you to lose the cord while providing an enhanced and immersive audio experience.
- WATERPROOF TECHNOLOGY: Earbuds are constructed with military grade technology that features waterproof and sweatproof protection for use during intense workouts.
- TRAVEL EARBUDS: Bluetooth and ultralight wireless earbuds easily slip into your pocket making them perfect travel headphones while still packing a full-on stereo sound.
- LONG LASTING BATTERY LIFE: 4.5 hours of listening time and DeepSleep mode puts the bluetooth earbuds in hibernation when not in use.
- COMFORT: Multiple fit options give secure earbuds for active and all-day wearing.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Wireless Stereo for Music + Media + Calls
Incredibly small and amazingly light, Plantronics BackBeat GO wireless earbuds offer great sound in a small package with no wires, no hassle, and no compromise. The Bluetooth-enabled BackBeat GO wireless earbuds easily slip into your pocket, but still pack a full-on stereo sound. You can listen to music, chat with friends, or watch movies on your tablet--even play games on the go.
A convenient inline controller lets you manage calls, play and pause music, and skip tracks while your smartphone is conveniently tucked away in your pocket or bag. An inline microphone captures your voice so you sound clear and natural during phone calls.
The BackBeat GO comes with three sizes of cushioned eartips and two stabilizers for a secure, comfortable fit. You'll get up to 4.5 hours of listening/talk time from these ultralight earbuds, and up to 10 days of standby time. When switching between your smartphone and tablet, Bluetooth technology makes it a snap to connect to each device.
Onscreen Battery Meter
The Android version of the Plantronics MyHeadset app enables one-tap pairing and displays the headset battery meter for tablets running Android 3.0 ("Honeycomb") and smartphones and tablets running Android 4.0 ("Ice Cream Sandwich"). For the iPhone and iPad, a headset battery meter automatically displays onscreen.
Get the most from your Plantronics headset with apps for Android
One touch conference call connection
InstantMeeting automatically identifies conference calls and dialing details from your calendar, reminds you just before the meeting is scheduled to begin, and, with one touch, connects you to your conference call.
What's in the Box
Plantronics BackBeat GO earbuds, AC charger, three eartips (small, medium, large), and optional clip-on stabilizers
For use with Android-powered smartphones and tablets (view larger)...
...as well as the Apple iPhone and iPad
Includes three sizes of eartips and
two clip-on stabilizers (view larger).
Plantronics BackBeat Comparison Chart
|Models||BackBeat 903+||BackBeat GO||BackBeat GO2||BackBeat GO2 + Charging Case|
|Audio Quality||14mm speaker drivers plus enhanced bass||1st generation 6mm speaker drivers||3rd generation 6mm speaker drivers plus enhanced bass|
|Listening Time||Up to 7 hours||Up to 4.5 hours||Up to 4.5 hours|
|Standby Time||Up to 168 hours||Up to 240 hours||Up to 6 months with DeepSleep hibernation mode|
|Device Connectivity||Single-device connection||Single-device connection||8-device memory for easy switching|
|Stability and Fit||Three-way adjustment with contoured eartips||Standard in-ear design with stabilizers||Redesigned ear tips and stabilizers|
|Play & Volume Controls||Dedicated buttons on ear and behind ear||Standard inline controller||2nd generation inline controller with intuitive, tactile controls|
|P2i Sweat Resistant Technology||No||P2i coated for sweat and water resistance*||P2i coated for sweat and water resistance|
|Call Experience||Two standard omni microphones plus||Standard omni microphone plus full duplex echo cancellation||MEMS microphone plus full duplex echo cancellation|
|Storage Case||Soft mesh storage case||No||No|| |
Ballistic nylon rechargeable case
Up to 10 more hours of added listening time
LED status charge level indicators blink every 10 seconds when earbuds are plugged in
* Available on models released after October, 2012
Top Customer Reviews
What is utterly baffling is that they don't pair with more than one device. This is extremely annoying because to switch from your iphone to the computer you have to DELETE the headset device pairing on the computer then set the headset in paring mode and repair. This can take 2 minutes. When you switch back the iphone you have to do the same, delete the device then repair. This is just a crazy stupid omission on the part of Plantronics. A Jambox for example has no problem remembering my computer, iphone and ipad, it will connect with whichever is nearest and has bluetooth on allowing me to switch it at will.
- Sound quality: I give them a 10. I find the highs to be crisp and clear, the mid-range to be even and not harsh and I find the bass to be very deep and tight. I am comparing these to a pair of Beats Tour In-Ear Headphone (Black) and a pair ofShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphones - both of which are quality earbuds. I don't think the Plantronics sound as good as the Shure, but they beat the pants off of the Beats (which have almost no top end, whatsoever). Folks have mentioned a lack of bass on these - they aren't wearing them properly or the shape of their ear canal doesn't fit these. If you find that these don't have much bass, try the larger earbud rubber thing. You've GOT to have a good seal inside the ear canal for these things to work properly. They really do sound super.
- Volume: My biggest complaint is that I wish they were louder. They're NOWHERE NEAR as loud as the Beats Tour. I find myself pressing "volume up" only to be met with the "max-volume-ding." That said, there is plenty of volume for "safe" listening; just, sometimes, when you're "not concerned about safe listening levels," these will look out for your long-term hearing.
- Fit: They're ubelievably comfortable. I don't even know that I'm wearing them when I run. I have the "stablizers" on, but I don't find that they do much.
- Battery Life: It's short ... probably 4 hours of listening and 8 of stand-by.Read more ›
I really wanted to like the Plantronics Backbeat Go headset as they're smaller than the Jaybird Freedoms and as a result they fit in my ears under my cycling helmet much better. The longer cord between the earbuds also helps keep it from getting stuck on the back of my neck and allows me to turn my head without dislodging an earbud.
However, the design puts the controls on the cord rather than the earbud in an attempt to keep the overall size of the earbuds down to a minimum. I get that, appreciate that but have two problems with that... First problem is that it makes the right side of the cord heavier which, over the course of a long workout (20-30 mile bike ride) results in the majority of the slack in the cord ending up on the right side frequently. It's annoying to have to adjust it all the time.
I could overlook this and deal with it but the other issue is that sweat can follow the cord from the earbud to the controls and Plantronics did not do enough to prevent sweat from leaking into the controls. This is readily apparent as I've managed to kill not one but two of these in 10 workouts.
So, my advice to you is this: if you don't sweat you'll be happy with the purchase. However if you do you'll eventually kill these with moisture even if you don't rain sweat like I do. Either buy the Jaybird Freedoms and live with larger earbuds or maybe hit the top of the cord where it enters the headset controls with a dab of silicon caulk to help keep sweat out of them before you use them for the first time.
Sony MDR J10 10$ 2006-2009 (cheap, good sound, sweat doesnt kill them)
Sony MDR AS20 20$ 2008-2010 (cheap, good sound, sweat doesnt kill them)
Motorola S9 70$ 2009-2010 (good sound, but cant sleep on back, pairing issues, loses signal if phone is in pocket)
Sony ericcson MW600 70$ 2010 (pain in the butt with clip, volume slider, software hangs)
LG HBS700 2011-2012 50$ 2011-2012 ( great battery life, isolation, sound is good, sweat proof, easy to use, pairs nicely)
Bose QC 15 299$ 2011-2012 (awesome noise cancellation, great sound)
Bowers and Wilkins C5 200$ 2012 (great design, noise isolation, but takes time getting used to as the plastic that keeps the buds in place is hard and causes a little pain and stress on ear shape)
Plantronics Backbeat GO 70$ 2012(2 days, not good, return)
I have tried these for 2 days and am disappointed that i spent 70$ for these.
Short and comfy cable.
easy to use controls.
4.5 hrs of battery life? i run out of charge by the end of the day and i started at 11 am and ended at 8 pm with at least 4 hrs of no use in between.
The stabilizers are soft plastic and dont help much to keep them in your ear.
All three sizes of ear buds dont keep this in my ear. Keeps slipping, the isolation seal is not formed.
very tinny, sound quality is lacking.
Pairing is a pain. You can only pair with one device. If you switch, you have to delete profile, put headset in pairing mode and pair again.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love wireless headphones period. These are excellent in ear buds that work wireless. I usually use them for about 2 hours at a time and have not had them die on me.Published 16 days ago by Jim
This is my second pair, lost the first ones. I love the fit and size but this second pair stopped playing after about 4 months. Read morePublished 16 days ago by Amazon Customer
Got these for my brother for his birthday. He runs all the time and said these work perfectly. The sound is very good, they are lightweight and sweat proof. Read morePublished 19 days ago by Davo
I had these for about 3 months before they stopped working and became unusable. They do not even power on anymore. Very disappointed. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Geoff
Very good and easy to use, light and sounds quality is very good
THough it has no water proof function and battery runs out fast.
Did not work as Expected and failed. Charged a fee to return, not happyPublished 3 months ago by Bob McCheese