5.0 out of 5 stars I love these!
I have used these, daily, for the past two months (as of this writing). I think they're just about perfect.

Published 18 months ago by G. Murray

2.0 out of 5 stars Great except for one flaw
These are great sounding headphones and pair very easily with iphone and the computer. Battery life is great for such a small headset and the features are easy to use. The acid test is calling my wife and she didn't notice I was wearing them, I guess that means the noise cancellation and microphone are good.

What is utterly baffling is that they don't pair with...
Published 23 months ago by D. Parker

2.0 out of 5 stars Great except for one flaw, May 15, 2012
D. Parker (Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plantronics BackBeat GO Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headset - Retail Packaging - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)

What is utterly baffling is that they don't pair with more than one device. This is extremely annoying because to switch from your iphone to the computer you have to DELETE the headset device pairing on the computer then set the headset in paring mode and repair. This can take 2 minutes. When you switch back the iphone you have to do the same, delete the device then repair. This is just a crazy stupid omission on the part of Plantronics. A Jambox for example has no problem remembering my computer, iphone and ipad, it will connect with whichever is nearest and has bluetooth on allowing me to switch it at will.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these!, October 15, 2012

- Sound quality: I give them a 10. I find the highs to be crisp and clear, the mid-range to be even and not harsh and I find the bass to be very deep and tight. I am comparing these to a pair of Beats Tour In-Ear Headphone (Black) and a pair ofShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphones - both of which are quality earbuds. I don't think the Plantronics sound as good as the Shure, but they beat the pants off of the Beats (which have almost no top end, whatsoever). Folks have mentioned a lack of bass on these - they aren't wearing them properly or the shape of their ear canal doesn't fit these. If you find that these don't have much bass, try the larger earbud rubber thing. You've GOT to have a good seal inside the ear canal for these things to work properly. They really do sound super.

- Volume: My biggest complaint is that I wish they were louder. They're NOWHERE NEAR as loud as the Beats Tour. I find myself pressing "volume up" only to be met with the "max-volume-ding." That said, there is plenty of volume for "safe" listening; just, sometimes, when you're "not concerned about safe listening levels," these will look out for your long-term hearing.

- Fit: They're ubelievably comfortable. I don't even know that I'm wearing them when I run. I have the "stablizers" on, but I don't find that they do much.

- Battery Life: It's short ... probably 4 hours of listening and 8 of stand-by. But, that's absolutely to be expected from something that is this small - there just isn't a place to put a high-capacity battery. I charge them every day.

- Controls: They work ... they're intuitive. Easy to find, easy to reach.

- Other: They only maintain a pairing with one device at a time. I don't mean one *active* device; I mean, one device, total. So, to switch them between my phone and computer, I have to pair them to the new device. Then, to restore the original pairing, I have to "forget" the headphones from the previous pairing and re-pair. Minor inconvenience. Also, if you're an iPhone user who travels alot - airplane mode disables bluetooth. So, these are useless on an airplane.

Update: Last week, after owning this for about 4 months, my headphones died in the middle of a call. Without warning, they went silent. I couldn't get them to power-on, power-off or do anything. I called Plantronics and they said that if I email them a copy of the receipt, they'll send me out a new pair at no cost. I'm a little disappointed that they died and considered dropping a star, but you can't beat that kind of customer service.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great if you don't sweat, not so great if you do..., May 2, 2012
I'll say up front that when I work out I sweat in buckets. It's just the way I'm built. I'm curious and wipe down the equipment I use afterwards but other gym members don't use the treadmills next to me if they want to avoid a bath... Ya, I'm that guy...

I really wanted to like the Plantronics Backbeat Go headset as they're smaller than the Jaybird Freedoms and as a result they fit in my ears under my cycling helmet much better. The longer cord between the earbuds also helps keep it from getting stuck on the back of my neck and allows me to turn my head without dislodging an earbud.

However, the design puts the controls on the cord rather than the earbud in an attempt to keep the overall size of the earbuds down to a minimum. I get that, appreciate that but have two problems with that... First problem is that it makes the right side of the cord heavier which, over the course of a long workout (20-30 mile bike ride) results in the majority of the slack in the cord ending up on the right side frequently. It's annoying to have to adjust it all the time.

I could overlook this and deal with it but the other issue is that sweat can follow the cord from the earbud to the controls and Plantronics did not do enough to prevent sweat from leaking into the controls. This is readily apparent as I've managed to kill not one but two of these in 10 workouts.

So, my advice to you is this: if you don't sweat you'll be happy with the purchase. However if you do you'll eventually kill these with moisture even if you don't rain sweat like I do. Either buy the Jaybird Freedoms and live with larger earbuds or maybe hit the top of the cord where it enters the headset controls with a dab of silicon caulk to help keep sweat out of them before you use them for the first time.

2.0 out of 5 stars There are better headsets out there, August 29, 2012
sam (Columbus, Ohio) - See all my reviews
These are the headphones i have owned or own, starting from the oldest:

Sony MDR J10 10$ 2006-2009 (cheap, good sound, sweat doesnt kill them)
Sony MDR AS20 20$ 2008-2010 (cheap, good sound, sweat doesnt kill them)
Motorola S9 70$ 2009-2010 (good sound, but cant sleep on back, pairing issues, loses signal if phone is in pocket)
Sony ericcson MW600 70$ 2010 (pain in the butt with clip, volume slider, software hangs)
LG HBS700 2011-2012 50$ 2011-2012 ( great battery life, isolation, sound is good, sweat proof, easy to use, pairs nicely)
Bose QC 15 299$ 2011-2012 (awesome noise cancellation, great sound)
Bowers and Wilkins C5 200$ 2012 (great design, noise isolation, but takes time getting used to as the plastic that keeps the buds in place is hard and causes a little pain and stress on ear shape)
Plantronics Backbeat GO 70$ 2012(2 days, not good, return)

I have tried these for 2 days and am disappointed that i spent 70$ for these.
Pros:
Nice design.
Short and comfy cable.
easy to use controls.

cons:
4.5 hrs of battery life? i run out of charge by the end of the day and i started at 11 am and ended at 8 pm with at least 4 hrs of no use in between.
The stabilizers are soft plastic and dont help much to keep them in your ear.
All three sizes of ear buds dont keep this in my ear. Keeps slipping, the isolation seal is not formed.
very tinny, sound quality is lacking.
Pairing is a pain. You can only pair with one device. If you switch, you have to delete profile, put headset in pairing mode and pair again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, January 3, 2013
I work in a noisy shop and these fit well and sound really good. Easy to operate and comfortable for hours. Battery life is also very good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wait for BackBeat GO+, April 10, 2012
R. Foshee (Boca Raton, FL) - See all my reviews
After reading fawning reviews for the BackBeat 906 and 903+, I decided to take the plunge and get the BB GOs. These would in fact be my 4th or 5th Bluetooth headset purchase this year, all of which except for the Arriva Leo headset have been returned. My primary use of Bluetooth headphones is working out, so frankly, I could careless how they look on me in an office setting or anything like that. I have very simple needs for my headsets:

* Decent fit
* Decent sound
* Passable battery life

These BackBeat GOs do possess all three of those qualities however, it's the fit that just annoys me to no end. See, in the last year, manufacturers have gravitated towards the dog tag/hanging style à la Jaybird JF3 Freedom/Outdoor Technologies DogTags. While this is great for some, I find it to be god awful annoying. On the BackBeat GO, the neck cable connecting the two earpieces is about 2 feet long. I don't know WHY it's that long, but it is. So this means that in addition to the rather large earpieces (thanks to the larger drivers inside), you have a giant cable dangling around your neck and sticking out from your head. If you use these during a commute or in an office, that may be fine. However, when you're racking a barbell on your back, it's annoying because not only do you run the risk of crushing the wire with the bar, the wire being physically stuck under the bar naturally limits your head movement. Gee, that sounds like the exact same problem people have with WIRED headsets and is one reason they look to Bluetooth for a solution. Plantronics have indeed cut the wires between your head and the phone but not between the earbuds themselves. When I hit the gym, I want to workout, not worry about my headphones getting caught up in the equipment. If you want a decent length neck cable, look at either the Arriva Leo or Jabra SPORT.

In addition to the fact that the overly long wire is a step back for Bluetooth, it's also just really annoying. When you're running, typical wired headsets rub against your clothing and can cause uncomfortable or undesirable cable feedback. No one wants to deal with that for any length of time, so they choose Bluetooth. Well, thanks to Plantronics' unnecessarily long neck cable, you too can enjoy all of that annoying cable feedback once again.

I wanted to like this headset, I really did. I like the simple aesthetics and straightforward operation but Plantronics followed the rest of the pack by plying to everyone wanting dangling headsets. If I could shorten the cable, I probably would have kept these 'phones, but alas, I cannot do that.

PROS:
* Simple, minimal aesthetics
* Inline controls are simple and straightforward to use
* Moderate selection of ear tips to get a decent fit

CONS:
* Obnoxiously long neck cable
* Included ear stabilizers/ear wings look unable to keep the earbuds in each ear during actual vigorous exercise
* Plantronics MyHeadset Android app is marketed -- by Plantronics, on the BackBeat GO package! -- to support this headset yet, it does not

EDIT: I forgot to previously mention their stated 4.5 hour battery life is pretty spot on. When I bought these, I got 2+ hours out of the box without charging them as well. Also, Plantronics' marketing materials (and photos) clearly state this comes with a little case to put the buds in, my box came with no such case and the box mine came in explicitly did not mention a case. I wonder why there's such a discrepancy?

And this is my BIGGEST problem with headset makers: proprietary chargers. Most companies just provide you with a proprietary USB cable with their own connector hacked on, but not Plantronics. They were so forward-thinking, so progressive, they decided that these should only be charged with an AC adapter...that has a non-detachable USB!!!!!! cable. Seriously? Who designed this? You're going to make me use a wall charger and only a wall charger? No thanks, Plantronics. Luckily, these buds have a standard size micro USB connection that you use can *any* cable on to charge. I actually _did not_ notice the AC charger snafu until I was packing these earbuds back up to return them.

1.0 out of 5 stars This was a terrible purchase, July 26, 2013
I am a distance runner, and wired earbuds are something that are kind of a hassle while running. However, had I known how bad these were going to be, I would have just stuck with it.

First of all, the earbuds themselves cannot handle running. The ear pieces were either too small to stay in, or too large to fit well (thus allowing them to fall out). They are bulky, which makes sense because the bluetooth pairing hardware/batter has to go somewhere.

Worse yet, the pair I received didn't hold charge for more than an hour at a time. I charged it fully overnight 3 times and each time it died in an hour or less. Considering my shortest runs in a week are 40 minutes, that is completely unacceptable. If you're a runner, do not buy these!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for use while exercising!, August 28, 2012
Peggy M. Marasovich (Colorado Springs, CO) - See all my reviews
After reading mixed reviews, I decided to try these out. I thought the first pair I ordered were defective, so I returned for another. The second pair became erratic after only 1-2 uses. I contacted Plantronics and were told these "were not made for exercising". What??? I only bought them for exercising. If that is the case, it seems to be there should be some sort of disclaimer or warning by Amazon and Plantronics about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really like these!!!, April 6, 2012
M. Baker (Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
I just received these puppies a few minutes ago and already have them going. First impressions are really strong. I've had most every BT stereo headset of this type in the past (Sony and other self contained buds with BT) and am really impressed with these. Sound is surprisingly very strong. Nice balance of bass and treble. I was expecting a much more limited soundstage but these are really impressive. True test for me will be to get them out there in my convertible to see if they have enough volume but initially I think they will be great. Backbeat 903's just didn't fit me well in the past but these are hugely more comfortable. I can shake my head all around and these don't budge. Wire around back of the head is perferct length and doesn't cause any tugging problems I've noticed with other units. I'm using the included stabilizer and these have a rock solid fit. The other nice thing is the controls. Very easy to feel the small button to adjust volume and advance tracks etc. Call quality is very good as well. I need to spend a little more time with this aspect of performance but I recieved a call from the wife who asked why I was talking so loud which is a good sign as far as I'm concerned.

Lastly, I've always been able to count on Plantronics products. I've used a Plantronics Pro+ for some time (and 2 other predecessors) and they have been great and the customer support is outstanding. Rugged and built to last.

These are great! I highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent set of BT earphones!, April 6, 2012
I've tried several BT earphones (Jaybird, Novero, etc) and these blow them away. They sound great, incredibly comfortable and they stay in place thanks to the stabilizers. They pair easily, although I guess you need to pair them each time you switch devices, but not a big deal. Great job by Plantronics to offer an excellent set of BT earphones at an affordable price.

ARRAY(0xa35b1780)