5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, nice bundle
My old 5-year-old wireless headset (which I loved) from another vendor just died, and I bought the CS50/HL10 bundle based on the reviews. It doesn't disappoint.

I work a computer job, typing and talking every day. And sometimes I like to get a cup of coffe in the middle of a conference call, so having a wireless unit is very nice.

The CS50 headset...
Published on January 24, 2006 by Jeff A. Stucker

3.0 out of 5 stars Plantronics CS50 review
Not that comfortable. Seems prone to interference. When it works, works well. The HL10 "lifter" is nice.
Published on November 11, 2006 by R. Lane

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, nice bundle, January 24, 2006
This review is from: Plantronics CS50/HL10 Headset Bundle (Wireless Phone Accessory)

The CS50 headset is very lightweight, and comfortable to wear over the head. I don't like over-the-ear phones so didn't even try that option. The headset is completely self-contained; that means no wire to a belt unit that snags on doorknobs!

The CS50 has good range, the signal goes through walls, and I notice little to no interference with other wireless phones or electronics in the building.

There are separate volume controls for the earpiece and the microphone; both take some tweaking the first time you use it. The earpiece volume is on the headset, so it's easy to adjust mid-conversation. The earpiece also has a mute button that turns off your microphone to handle interruptions.

The HL10 handset lifter is awesome. If you're away from your desk and the phone rings, you hear a beep in your ear and push a button on the headset. The remote lifter picks up the phone's handset and you're talking. The HL10 does require that you have a business-style phone with the dial pad on the base -- not on the handset! I have an AT&T 2-line phone that will answer whichever line is ringing when the handset is lifted -- and that's the reason they have made this unit the way it is, so it works in any business phone environment. (The CS50 base unit plugs in between the phone's base and handset, and does not have its own number pad.) If you don't have the HL10, you take the phone off the hook manually for each call with the CS50.

For comparison, my previous wireless unit had a weak handset lifter that almost died before the wireless unit did. This HL10 is snappy when lifting the handset, and I can tell it's going to be much more durable mechanically. The HL10 also has a much smaller footprint, taking up no desk space.

My only complaint is that the power on LED is solid red, and the charging light is flashing yellow. Because of the "stop light" association, both colors trigger a "slow down, something must be wrong" reaction at first, but I'm getting used to it. In my opinion, the power light should be solid amber or green and charging light flashing green or solid amber. That's a minor aesthetic complaint though.

The product works exactly as expected, and is much smaller and lighter than I expected. When I bought this bundle, considering the free shipping, Amazon was only $10 more than the cheapest price I found online, which was on eBay. So for peace of mind I chose Amazon.com over saving $10. It arrived quickly in good packaging, and I've been using it every day since.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Hands Free Headset, November 30, 2005
After almost a year of constant use, I find this to be an overall fantastic tool. I had an initial problem with the handset lifter, but a call to Plantronics customer service resulted in a replacement being sent out within a few days.

I find the headset very comfortable and adaptable. As per the previous reviewer, I had comfort problems when using the over the ear hanging adapter with the headset. I had to switch to the padded adapter. Now I can wear it all day (and often do) with no problem.

Generally speaking, I find the quality of the signal to be outstanding. Occasionaly I get some interference or a slight amount of static, but not very often, and it usually doesn't last long. I am able to walk all around the first and second floors of our building, even outside, with little if any signal degredation.

I would highly recommend this product to anyone who talks on the phone most of the day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but a little uncomfortable, October 24, 2005
The product itself works great but the earpiece causes my ear to be sore by the end of the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - This Bundle is a MUST HAVE for Frequent Phone Users, April 5, 2006
Unbelievable how well this thing works. If you get everything dialed in correctly (your voice volume, etc), this thing is unbelievable. The range on it is just phenomenal. I've walked upwards of 50 yards away from my desk to our kitchen, with maybe no less than 6 or 7 office rooms between the kitchen and my desk, and I had absolutely no static. I'm very impressed with this product, a definite must if you are on the phone a lot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good headset, August 16, 2013
Works great! Can't put the headset receiver too close to the phone or you'll hear a buzz. Just move it about 1 ft from the phone and works like a champ.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, August 13, 2013
we had to sends the first one back because the lifter didn't work correctly. The second one is great. the only downside is a call cannot be placed on hold remotely. sound is good. the headset doesn't fit well and the ear pieces don't feel secure. Still a good product. we have 2 of these in our office now and love them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headset, June 8, 2013
This is my second one. The first lasted several years. It is very easy to set up with the right phone system. I would recommend this to anyone in an office that hates having to lean your head sideways while typing on the computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Product, January 12, 2007
I use the Plantronics CS50/HL10 all the time every day. It is very functional and I have not any problems with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Qualify Sound and Easy To Attach and Use, January 21, 2014
This is the second one of these I have purchased and I love them. They are good qualify, good sound, easy to attach to the phone and easy to use. I work from home and am able to walk around and still answer the phone and talk on it. I wouldn't buy anything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for an office environment, June 3, 2013
The headset is comfortable to wear and allows a good, wireless range so that you are not tied to your desk. It is a good product for the price. It allows easy touch answer and hang up, but you can't place on hold or transfer (at least I haven't figured out how, if it is available.)

Rate and Discover Movies