4.0 out of 5 stars Good option...but not my fav
I read lots of reviews for the many usb/computer speakerphones and narrowed down to three. There were so many conflicting reviews it was hard to choose! I just wanted THE best one that works well.

I ended up ordering and testing these three:
- Polycom CX100
- Jabra 410
- Plantronics Calisto P420

I then hooked all three up to my...
Published 19 months ago by Gurumustuk

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Work Well for Me
I am a Project Manager and most of my work is on conference calls. I bought this to replace a Plantronics USB headset which works fine. my goal was to replace the headset with a speakerphone like device. We use Aviyia VoIP Softphone. Others on the call cannot understand me when I speak on the P420 device.
Published 18 months ago by John

4.0 out of 5 stars Good option...but not my fav, May 23, 2013
Gurumustuk "gmustuk" (Espanola, NM, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plantronics Calisto P420 USB Speakerphone - Black/Silver (Wireless Phone Accessory)

I ended up ordering and testing these three:
- Polycom CX100
- Jabra 410
- Plantronics Calisto P420

I then hooked all three up to my computer...place a skype call to someone in another room in our office and one by one switched the audio devices in skype.

Polycom devices didn't have enough volume and had more background noise.

Plantronics device was overall good, loud and clear..though the buttons were a bit confusing for volume and other controls not so intuitive (overall better than polycom device)

The Jabra was mine and other office mates pick for best one. It was very loud, audio was clear eliminating background sounds and has cool intuitive controls. Aside from the audio quality I like the touch buttons for controls that are sensitive and the lights that change on the device to show status. Overall this is the one I kept and would recommend it to anyone over the others I tested.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for Skype conference calls, August 1, 2013
Try it once and you can not have a Skype conference call without it.
This is just an additional unit to our inventory.

Rgrds. Jan

5.0 out of 5 stars The best for small group conference, July 23, 2013
Combine with Logitech C920, this Calistro Plantronics is killer!
even Vidyo sales suspect im using polycom soundstation and lifesize camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Turning your Laptop in a conferencephone, February 18, 2012
Mr. Cor Tadema (Marietta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This is not one of those cheap solutions that simply can't be used in real business.
This unit is constructed real well and the sound is great both on the speaker and the microphone site.
We have purchased 8 units for a number of our executives in the last year and all of them were very positive about the quality in combination with our Office Communicator solution. With offices located in Europe, USA and Australia these units paid for themselves in one month saving on conference calls.
Plantronics Calisto P420-M IP Phone

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and sound, June 10, 2014
Have been using it for multiple conferences and it works perfectly.
Has a speaker outlet to connect to a stereo or speaker for big rooms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional Grade small speakerphone, May 4, 2014
LFP (London, England) - See all my reviews
I spend a very long time on the phone in meetings and tried headsets to begin with. There are some excellent headsets but none of them can handle 8 hours of back to back phone calls with the possible exception of the Plantronics unit which has hot swappable batteries. As a result I decided to go with a USB speakerphone and this unit has proven to be excellent so far. It has superb noise cancelling capability and when asked, people say the voice quality is excellent. I have this hooked up to my computer and use a very good VOIP provider. I would highly recommend this for anyone who spends a significant amount of time on the phone and does not want to wear a headset all day long.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great with skype and Microsoft Lync!, January 13, 2014
MB "MB" (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This is a great little speakerphone, compact in size and is very loud. Can easily run a conference call on demand with multiple people in a normal size room. The other thing it does well is noise cancellation. Highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, April 5, 2013
If only I could find a wireless solution with this high quality. THe speaker and microphone are amazing! works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the Price, March 20, 2013
High Quality product from Plantronics with excellent Voice as well comfort with Hands free/USB option -> Highly recommend for any heavy VoIP/Tele conference users to use this alternate to headsets, which is healthy too !

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice tabletop unit, March 10, 2013
Have been using this in a business setting for a few weeks. It has great sound quality and is good at being omnidirectional. Easy to configure.