4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Device if You can Set It Up!
I work as tech support on a database product so I am on the phone ALL DAY. After 2 years of holding the phone to my ear while I write - I decided to look into headsets. My work place dumped $150 on a headset that didn't work and since then haven't bought another.

Published on October 29, 2007 by P. McGuire

3.0 out of 5 stars Consider the S12
If you are trying to decide between the s11 and the s12 my advice would be to get the S12-It's worth the extra money. There is no hum in the background and the sound quality is better. At times using the S11 it is difficult to hear the speaker/caller on the phone call.
Published on May 25, 2010 by S. Kaspar

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Device if You can Set It Up!, October 29, 2007
P. McGuire (USA, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Plantronics TELEPHONE HEADSET SYSTEM ( S11 ) (Wireless Phone Accessory)

This is an awesome headset - if you can figure out how to set it up. It took me about 20 minutes to figure out how to get this working. Like most tech people I threw away the manual and just plugged everything in hoping that it would work. Well, the volume was super low - the listen/speak buttons didn't do anything - after a few other configuration settings I finally went back to the trash can to pick up the manual.

Set it up EXACTLY as the manual tells you to - Plug your phone's handset into the handset on the plantronics device - plug your plantronics headset into the south end of the plantronics device and then plug the plantronics telephone cord into your telephone's handset cord.

If you do that then the listen/speak volume will work - the mute button and headset/handset button will work allowing you to use your phone normally.

Once configured correctly callers told me they heard me VERY clearly - especially if I turned the Tx Level to hi. I have my listen volume ALL THE WAY DOWN and it is blasting my ear out.

If you do not set it up exactly as the manual tells you to - you will not be able to use your phone's headset, your phone's speakerphone, and your Plantronic's headset at your wish.

Read the manual - it is a must this time :) - this HEADSET ROCKS.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as other plantronics equipment, July 20, 2005
I love plantronics, and have bought more than one product from them. I was very pleased with this one having all the control you could want (tone, incoming volume, outgoing volume) but a key ingredient, the wire to the headset, is too short and too easily twisted, making the headset more difficult to use than it should be. The holder for the headset is also a weak link.

Overall, for the price it is very good, but it does have these annoying limitations.

3.0 out of 5 stars Consider the S12, May 25, 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great for me, October 4, 2006
Derg (Ann Arbor, MI) - See all my reviews
This is my third Plantronics headset and if I ever need another I will stick with plantronics. The quality of all of them has been great. I have seen other reviews that said you can't have the handset in at the same time, that is just wrong. My handset plugs into my Plantronics base, you push a button to switch between them, very easy. I also saw someone say the sound was bad. I find just the opposite to be true, I have the volume all the way down on mine and some people are almost too loud. Everyone hears me fine to, there are some 6 configurations settings and it took me a minute to find the one that worked the best for most of my calls. I only wish the headset cord was a little longer, other than that this is a great replacement for my A100.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stable Standard, Too-Short Cable, June 11, 2007
We have had various versions of this headset system over the years. This one is almost as good as prior versions, with two exceptions. First is the headset design. It is cheap plastic that is not as comfortable as the flexible metal ones of the past. Another problem is the cord length on the headset. It is just a straight cord (not coiled or retractable) that is too short. If you have a wrap around or large desk, there is a good chance you will have to take the headset off to reach the far side of it.

Other than that, the base unit is the same. It has good tactile buttons and dials you can easily adjust without looking if you need to make an adjustment in-call. Also, this model seems to work better (with less static) than similar models on a multi-phone system.

Aside from the two shortcomings compared to previous models, this headset is affordable, fairly reliable and user-friendly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Telephone Headset, November 16, 2008
An absolutely great piece of equipment for a very reasonable price. It is very easy to hook up to your telephone (note that it is not compatible with cell phones). The sound in the earpiece is clear and sufficiently loud even at the lowest setting. Your voice is transmitted to the party with whom you are speaking with equal clarity. It is very comfortable to wear. The unit is well designed and sturdy. You can't go wrong with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars best investment, March 4, 2008
Music Man "Mr. DJ" (Sunny, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
I love my headset. It has helped me with my job as a telemarketer 100%.
The clarity of the headset is amazing. The noise canceling feature is great. The people only hear me and not what is going on around me. I work in a call center with 40 other people and it is great to have the piece of
mind knowing that the person I am talking to can hear only me and understand every word I am saying. I would recommend this product to anyone that spends their day talking on the phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Plantronics Headset, September 26, 2005
Amazon Customer (Woodside, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I like Plantronics equipment and only wish that the wireless version of their headsets were cheaper. I have a slightly older model of this headset at work and like it a lot. This particular head set, which I got for home is fine, but it has two small problems. First, for some reason they made the band that goes over the top of the head thicker. That means that it doesn't fit on the wire hook that extends from the back of the connecting box. This leads to more desk clutter and a tendency to get all the wires tangled. The second problem is that I have a small desk fan and if it is on when I'm using the head set, the sound of the fan gets picked up by the microphone and so there's an annoying "whoosh" heard by both parties.

Overall, the product does what it's supposed to do and is reliable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Product is great, if you have compatible phone, but instructions are week., January 23, 2012
I have had a similar device from the same company for 15 years. It just started getting unreliable so I got this device. It was about 1/4 the price of the original product, and has a cheaper feel with the knobs and stuff, but I expected that for the price and this is not an issue. The headset also has a much cheaper feel to it and will not likely take 15 years of punishment like my last one (price was right though).

The setup was identical to my original device, but the headset did not work at first. I followed all the instructions (actually I did not, because I never read unless there is an issue, and there was this time). I noticed, when I finally read over the instructions, there were two controls that were only referenced in the device diagram. The use of these were not mentioned in any setup steps (Configuration Slider and TX levels). I started randomly playing with them and at some point the headset started working. This was not mentioned under the trouble shooting solutions either.

The Tone dial also helps improve things, but I believe this was described.

I am not going to take off for a simple documentation limitation, so I still give it a 5. The sound quality was great (better than my old device) once I played around with these undocumented settings. Now if it just lasts half as long I will be thrilled.

Also note that the headset holder, which I did not plan to use, does not properly fit the thick headband. You could fix this with some pliers if you really wanted to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr., December 18, 2007
This Plantronics Headset System works like a champ. I can hear clearly and be understood. The system is very easy to install and use (Plug and Play) I am very happy with my system and will probably purchase one for my home office.

Mike Kidder