on October 22, 2013
After years of using the Jawbone (believed the hype), I got tired of people not hearing me or me not hearing them clearly. Did some research and this kept popping up as #1 or #2. Took a chance and bought it about a month ago.

Best decision I've ever made on an earpiece. The clarity on both ends is far superior to the Jawbone ERA. The comfort, voice controls, volume and range just don't compare to the Jawbone products, they surpass them.

If you are on the fence, get the heck off and buy this, HIGHLY recommended.
on October 20, 2013
I bought a ProPlantronics Voyager many years ago and loved it! People heard me great, I could hear them great and it was easy to use (except it didn't do voice commands very well.) Unfortunately, the charger area got jammed and I had to get a new one. The Voyager had a bulky earpiece (the part that goes around the ear) but was still comfortable. I upgraded to the Legend. I asked if the earpiece was smaller. Two people said it was the same, one person said it was smaller and much more comfortable.) It turns out that person was right! The earpiece that goes around your ear is much thinner and it is a bit more comfortable, a softer plastic. The sound is still great! They moved the buttons, so I have to get used to that. They also changed the commands. If you press the answer button, it can turn off/on the blue tooth so I have to work on that. Other than that, you will be getting a great bluetooth. By far, Plantronics is the best bluetooth I have ever had!
on October 20, 2013
My use: iPhone 5 and Macbook Pro 10.8.4

I've tried a few other bluetooth headphones and none compare to this one.
I have it paired to both devices and it works perfect.

Notes:
Make sure you upgrade the firmware to the latest version (as of 10/18 was ver 93).
They now have a Mac updater.
on October 18, 2013
This easilly the best headset I have ever used. Sound quality is outstanding and my voice comes in loud and clear on the other end. The voice recognition commands are intuitive and unlike others I have used, it rarely gets the command wrong or offers me up the wrong phone number from my contacts list which it syncs with prefectly on my iPhone4.

Noise reduction works but is not as good in windy conditions as another high end brand I recently switched from but I'm not out in the wind enough where I'd be using this for that to matter.

Fit with my wireframe glasses is no problem at all.

I cannot say enough about how well this headset works. Controls are easy to access, sound clarity is just outstanding and the thing just works and does it unobtrusively for me. I was debating switching from my previous brand which I'd used for years but which seemed to have lost several steps on build quality and I have to say switching to this is a decision I am very happy with. Everything Plantronics claims about features and operations is true. I love it when a product is so easy to use it "disappears" becasuse it is so natural to use. This is the one.

BTW - I ended up buying the charging case and the 24" microUSB adapter to go with it later, both of which I recommend. If I had to do it again, I'd get one of the bundles that includes the case and USB adapter which is a slightly better deal if you travel & want to use this mobile a lot.

I dropped 1 star for a number of reasons - all relatively minor nit-picks and except for one which may not be Plantronics' fault, are not really reducing my productivity / application of the headset.

1. Comfort - It really can be worn all day & forgotten about although on ocassion I was getting a little soreness where the earbud hits part of my ear on ocassion for the first couple of weeks and which would pass overnight and over the month or so I've had the headset. That problem seems to be dimishing with time and was not that much different than I'd experienced with other headsets if worn constantly. I often wear this headset from 5-10 hrs a day, 5 days a week...it's not stopping me at all but I wish the buds fit better -Your mileage will vary since ear shapes are different like fingerprints.

2. The earbuds are too hard for me and really do not fit in my ear but rather on it. I ended up using the medium size with the foam cover which seems to give me the best balance of comfort and sound clarity. The down side is that I do not get the seal that I did with other headsets from some other manufacturers, so outside noise gets in a bit more than I'd sometimes like. On a positive note, the audio on the Legend is so outstandingly clear, I have had extremely little issue with this and I'm too cheap to spend the cost of the headset on a custom molded earbud that fits better. Still, it is my least favorite set of earbud choices that I've ever had over about 5 years of BT headset use.

3. BT connectivity to the Laptop - I work from home and my contacts are global. I am in numerous meetings using VOIP virtual meeting apps and my iPhone4. The headset will switch almost seamlessly between the phone and the laptop connection as needed except for my primary VOIP app. I suspect the issue is the VPN security software on my machine since I have other issues with that tool and the problem does not seem to be there with all apps used with the headset. I think the separate Plantronics USB BT300 adapter is rediculously overpriced and frankly I don't want to spend that kind of money to see if it fixes my issue so this is more a ding on their adapter which otherwise I apparently do not need since the headset easily connects to my Dell with its built in SOTA BT adapter.
on October 17, 2013
This is my second Plantronics Voyager headset after my Voyager Pro I bought in 2009 decided it wanted to retire. Actually I thought it was time for its retirement. The rubber body started to slowly bulge in two areas. After 4 long years of dependable service, I moved on to the newer Voyager Legend.

The main reason why I stayed with the Voyager family is because of comfort and sound quality. The Pro was the best sounding bluetooth headset I've ever owned, even today. While the Legend has the same signature sound of the Voyager headsets, the in-call sound doesn't sound as consistent as with the Pro. Static during calls ruins an important call from time to time when you move about or when the phone is in my pocket opposite side of the headset. This never happened with the Pro. I also had to update the Legend's firmware due to some minor issues with bluetooth connectivity out of the box. The bluetooth would disconnect during a call. Range was short and the static was unbearable then. After the firmware update, the Legend maintained a solid connection to all my devices. I primarily use this headset on my Galaxy S4. But it also works on my wife's iPhone 5S and my iPad Mini. Plantronics support didn't think the static problem, when the Legend is on the opposite side of my body, is a real problem but a limitation of Bluetooth technology. They sounded like they really believed it too even when I told them that my 4 year old Voyager Pro didn't suffer from this same "Limitation".

Despite the minor issues that I've found with the Voyager Legend and its call center look, I still decided to keep it. There is no other bluetooth headsets more comfortable than any Plantronics Voyager headsets. What good is a bluetooth headset if you can't wear it longer than a couple of minutes? The addition of A2DP, missing from the Pro, is an added bonus. It also has longer run and standby times. Feels lighter on my ear and the boom mic is less obnoxious. I also like the voice commands and caller announce. Finally, the Legend is sweat proof via the P2i nano coating technology. I lost my first Voyager Pro to sweat during a hot and humid Florida summer day only one month after I bought it.

If you're looking for a comfortable headset that does a decent job with noise cancellation, The Legend is it. If you're looking for a fancy looking headset that compliments your wardrobe, look somewhere else.
on October 14, 2013
Works great with my iPhone. Had to learn how to engage Siri with it (holding the talk button in for 2 seconds). But after that, it's been fantastic. I recommend it.
on October 11, 2013
Over the years, I went from a Plantronics 510 -> Plantronics Voyager Pro -> Jabra Supreme -> Plantronics Voyager Legend.
The Legend is hands-down the best BT headset I've used. The 510 is actually not a bad device, just outdated and the range is not great. Voyager Pro was solid and I used this for years until it broke at which point I ordered the Jabra. Nobody could understand me, said my voice was garbled etc. So I returned to Amazon and bought the Legend. Wow. I can hear everyone perfectly, everyone says they can't tell if I'm talking directly on handset or on BT and that "I sound perfect". I can be barreling down the freeway, inside, it doesn't matter. Audio is unbelievable with this device.
The fit is extremely secure and comfortable. I often forget that I'm even wearing it. I can shake my head around and it doesn't flop around or move at all.
The voice commands are fine as is the voice feedback. Button placement is excellent.
Yes, the nonstandard connector is goofy, but I'll take the perfect operation and deal with a weird connector. The battery lasts so long, that having to charge it at night isn't a big deal.
Bottom line: Don't let the weird connector everyone is hung up on discourage you from this excellent device.
on September 28, 2013
I previously wrote of my dislike for the Discovery 975 headset. As much as I dislike the 975. Is a much as I love the Legend.

Things that I love: Interchangeable ear buds. Easy to find the perfect fit. Smaller and lighter. But my largest love is. It reads text messages to me while I am driving. And it tells me who is calling I need not look at the phone to see who is calling or what a text says. Voice dialing. This headset paired with a Moto X must be cell phone heaven.

Things I do not like:slide volume control. I prefer the rockers on the Voyager pro. Charging cable is too short.
on September 1, 2013
I've never owned a bluetooth headset before so I cannot make any comparisons but I love it. The size is great in that it feels substantial enough but isn't cumbersome, and it stays on well. The sound quality is great; after talking to several people on the phone I've gotten good feedback from them all about the sound quality. Before, I used the built-in speakerphone ability in my Toyota Prius which constantly had me asking "What?" as well as the person on the other end of the call. The location of the buttons on the headset itself are great, very easy to mute and answer calls. The surprisingly useful feature is the ability of the headset to sense when you put it on your ear to answer calls; it works surprisingly well.

This was also the first time getting something with Frustration-Free Packaging and I'm happy to say that I love it. Overall, you can't go wrong with this headset.
on July 13, 2013
I have owned several BT headsets over the years, mostly Plantronics but by far this is the best Plantronics BT headset yet. Crystal clear sound (I have some hearing impairment) with volume controls that are easy to get to and change. The best feature is the "Answer or Ignore" feature that announces the caller's name if it is in your contact list and the ability to simply say answer or ignore to connect or disconnect the caller. If you are doing something that involves both hands, such as driving, this is a great feature! The headset seems to hold a charge for a couple of days and that says a lot since I have it paired to both my personal phone and my work phone so it gets used almost continuously all day long. The new power connector is magnetic so it will release if tugged on or gets pulled-another great feature if you are as hard on connectors as I am. Overall, a great headset that is easy to use, easy to wear, and has great sound both incoming and outgoing.