1,848 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Getting better - Step by Step
UPDATE (Oct 2013)

Thought I'd add to my experience a year on from the last review.

It seems the headsets dont hold up like they used to. I had 3 of these - all of them have died on me. Let me explain -

1. Each of them start with the same issue - callers on the other end say I sound like Im really far away. The only option is to turn off...
Published 22 months ago by P. Nair

3.0 out of 5 stars Great headset, but...
Another great headset from Plantronics Voyager series, cool new features, but...

Uses a new proprietary charger connector on a 5-inch cable. So now instead of charging via mini USB chargers I have all over the place, I have to keep track of this little squib, reach behind the sofa or desk to plug it in, won't connect to mini plug on travel chargers, etc. if I...
Published 22 months ago by G. Sarab

‹ Previous | 112 13 14185 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear Sound, January 24, 2013
This review is from: Plantronics Voyager Legend Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
We replaced a Jawbone earpiece with this. In addition to better comfort, the clarity is superb. I'm on the receiving end of the calls and I frequently was unable to hear/understand my spouse - so I would just end the call. No issues at all with this earpiece, it's always clear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome headset!, January 23, 2013
I drive a truck for a living, and I've went through 5 headsets, and this is the best one I've ever bought! I totally give give this headset 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Plantronics VOYAGER LEGEND Bluetooth Headset, January 13, 2013
I've tried so many bluetooth headsets which always fall out of my ear! Tried to modify the units without any success. I finally tried the Legend and it fits!! With it's swivel positioning and the assorted ear covers, I have almost no idea I am wearing it. It is comfortable, doesn't irritate me. Manageable. Learning curve is low. Sounds great. I have had tried other companies (names withheld) who have top end reviews and products. I have to say specs on some were impressive as well as performance however they always fell out or off. Not good watching your bluetooth fade in your rear view mirror. I have very oily skin and it gets hot here in the San Diego area so sweating is very prevalent, therefore POP goes the headset. The only gripe I have is that my iphone and headset don't seem to get along. I always have to test the Legend to make sure it works correctly before leaving home but it sometimes changes settings on its own from headset to phone speaker. Nothing is 100% perfect. Road noise and wind still gets through on the freeway or at a mall but having tried a lot of top end devices, they too can't stop the noise. Having said that, I would recommend this unit on the grounds that it sounds, works, fits and feels as good as of better than most other units costing the same or more. (without falling out)

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine with iPhone 5 after firmware 44 update, December 31, 2012
Jerry (Orlando, FL.) - See all my reviews
Just wanted to let everyone know that I am using this headset with an iPhone 5 and I was about to send it back after many people told me they had problems hearing me. I did some research and noticed there was a firmware upgrade for the Voyager Legend. I had firmware 38 and the new firmware as of 12/31/2012 is 44. The firmware is PC only but I have read that if you do not have a PC you can send the unit to Plantronics and they will ship you an updated version of the Voyager Legend. After upgrading to the new firmware and testing it out I have had many people tell me it sounds great.

Count me in as another who really likes the magnetic charger, I just wish the cable was longer. I bought the charger stand and it seems to be very high quality with a good bit of weight to keep it from sliding around on the table.

So far I'm really liking this headset, I just have to get used to a headset that fits into your ear as I normally use a Motorola H730 headset which just sits over your ear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product, November 22, 2012
This is a item the works exactly as it is promoted. The video info is dead on and very informative. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a handsfree device. It has a clear and precise sound system. The only downfall I have found with the unit is it can be a little difficult to get it to voice activate the answering system. You have to speak very loudly. It is not enough of a problem for me not to still recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its Better Than HD Pro, November 21, 2012
I only use Plantronics headsets and the Voyager Legend is the best one I have used. It's smaller than the HD Pro, its has a longer battery life, it tells me how much battery life is remaining, it tells me who is calling (if name is in my phone contacts), it asks if I want the call answered, the new power on/off switch is easier to use, yes - it does have a new proprietary charger but it charges quickly, and people I am talking to tell me the sound quality is much better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing features, very impressive, good value!, November 4, 2012
You get what you paid for, it cost $100, and I was very impressed with what I got...

Excellent comfort... you can wear all day with no pain. I thought because of the big hanging back piece, but that is what it actually makes it comfortable, it rest on your ear so there is no pressure on your inner ear or ear canal. Great design, but could be better if they would use the bullet type rubber buds that seals the canal.

Sound Quality... It could use more volume, specially if you work in loud environment, but it has excellent equalized sound, specially when streaming music, I enjoy it a lot. If you ware it with no eat bud, naked, no rubber piece, then you really get to enjoy the sound in full effect, so the flat rubber bud actually works against it.

Battery Life... Excellent. I charge it overnight, use it all day long to stream GPS directions, take random calls and it last all day long, at least 10 hours.

Now let's talk about what really impressed me...

Background noise Cancellation like you would never believe it is possible. Down load the phone app that allows you to record a sample conversation, test different devices, and you will discover how effective this device is... I drive a noisy disel truck and I am impressed how on the sample recording the Legend completely killed the engine noise. The price to pay is at time it also affect the sound of your own voice, but that is a small price to pay.

TRUE multipoint connection. This is the only device out of the many that I have tried that can truely handle simultaneous STREAMING from multiple devices. While driving, I can stream music from my iPhone while at the same time streaming GPS voice guidance from the android phone, and that is a big deal and super impressive. Other devices are so bad at this, that after streaming from one device, in order to stream from the second device, you would need to disconnect both phone, turn off the headset, and them reconnect the second device as the first phone, it is a nightmare, but the legend got it straight and it work seamlessly with no effort on my part.

The only negative about this device is the proprietary power plug and I heard it has connectivity issues with the new iPhone 5.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great headset, why a proprietary charger?, October 28, 2012
I had a Voyager for almost 2 years but finally left it in a hotel somewhere. I was happy with my Plantronics Voyager so I imediately bought the latest generation the legend. Love the headset but what in the world is Plantronics thinking by using a non-standard (proprietary) charger! So now I have to carry this 5" cable around rather than using the micro USB all my other devices use (and the previous Voyager I owned). Really a let down unless you can always charge it at home and leave your cable stationary. Something more to pack, haul around and keep track of = No Thanks.
I am returning the headset because of this fatal flaw.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best yet., October 25, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the most expensive headset I have owned so naturally, it should be the best performing. Hands down, it is. It is the most comfortable, consistently performing, easy to use headset I have ever had.

Sound quality is excellent for calls and streaming audio.
Very very few complaints from others saying they can't hear me.
About 6 hours of talk time on a full charge.

I love the auto-detect feature that automatically routes calls from my phone to the headset when I put the headset on. This feature is brilliant. I also love the lovely female voice that tells me how much talk time I have left when I turn the unit on. The headset also has a voice-command suite of its own, but I haven't used it beyond basic testing (which went well).

While the headset is on the larger size compared to other units I have owned, I don't find it to be heavy at all. Unlike some of the smaller headsets I have, this one never leaves me ear feeling pinched.

Overall, nice purchase. I would recommend.

Thanks for reading, I hope this review was helpful!

1.0 out of 5 stars Constantly disconnects, October 26, 2013
ducks54 "escape4u" (Kansas City, MO USA) - See all my reviews
This is my 2nd unit in 4 weeks. Both have the same problem. The headset during a call will disconnect and reconnect several times. These are business calls and it is not tolerable. I am using a Samsung Rugby Pro cell phone. Plantronics support was good but didn't solve the problem. They suggested returning the unit again. UPDATE 11-24-13: Plantronics web support suggested turning off the WiFi on my Samsung phone. This corrected the problem. However, I use WiFi on my phone all the time and this is not a very workable solution. Samsung and/or Plantronics needs to find a solution to this problem.

‹ Previous | 112 13 14185 | Next ›