Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: PlasmaCar Ride On Toy - Blue
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 28, 2015
These things are so much fun! My daughter and I ride it together! I'm buying an upgrade with poly wheels!!
review image
on August 2, 2008
My 6 year old 65 lb child seems a bit too big for this car but she does like it. Unfortunately she can only use it in the house on our tile. We tried it outside and it doesn't work well on sidewalks or roads (on a cul de sac.) The companys video on their website shows a lot of children on these cars in a real GYM! Yes, that would be nice but where can you find a gym! Nowhere that I have seen - as a matter of fact gyms usually do not allow wheeled toys in them. Another problem is that the front wheel alignment is constantly needing to be re-aligned. Overall, kids do like this but I would change the age range from approx 3-7 and you really need a large tile or hardwood floor area in your home (unless you know someone who happens to own a gym!)
44 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2016
These cars are the best! I bought these over a year ago for my 1 and a half year old and my 3 year old. They still ride them all the time. They can be propelled by turning the steering wheel from side to side. In order to reverse, the steering wheel is turned 180 degrees and then small turns back and forth to propel it backwards. My 3 year old was able to use the steering wheel to move the car since the first day he got it. My younger wasn't able to do it until he was about 2 and 1/2. My kids (now almost 3 and 4) prefer to just use their feet but I ride the cars as well (it's actually a lot of fun) and I find I like to use the steering wheel. I have 2 nieces 10 and 12 that always ride them when they come over. These are great for all ages. They are long which makes it easy for (shorter) adults to sit on. My kids use the space to put toys on it. This does not ride very well on the Berber carpet we have. It does fine with our thin accent rug we have in one of our rooms. We have wood flooring and it glides on that- though it is not recommended by the seller to use on wood floors. There are some marks that I think were made due to the car wheels but I can't be certain- with little kids our floors haven't looked great for years. :) I very highly recommend these cars for all ages.
on July 27, 2015
One of my son's favorite toys...from age 2-5 and still being used!

We bought one of these for my oldest son 3 years ago when he was 2 and he LOVED it. It was easily one of his favorite outside toys, and has always been popular when we have other kids over to play. It has lasted well and held up through 3 moves and is now on our 2nd kiddo. We ended up purchasing an additional one to minimize fighting, because even though we have about 1000 ride on toys, they always want to play on their Plasma Cars!

I couldn't recommend this toy more highly.

It does work best on smooth, flat surfaces (driveways without too much slope and/or skateparks) although ours have been successfully raced down large hills/sidewalks.

PS If you like to have a few drinks and then play on kids toys...this one holds up ;) hypothetically speaking, of course.
review image
on January 14, 2013
I have 4 kids, including a set of 2-year old triplets. We bought a PlasmaCar for our 7 year old daughter. She loved it and was able to give the triplets rides with her. She rides it around the house on our hard wood floors. When one of the boys started scooting around on the car, we bought another one. Actually, we bought a Swivel Car because it was $20 cheaper and looked exactly the same. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. The swivel car required a lot more effort and never really built up the speed of the Plasma Car. It works, but is inferior.

Anyway, my kids love these. I just bought a second PlasmaCar to stop the fighting over them. The 2-year old triplets use them as ride on toys and ignore all the age-appropriate wide on toys they have, like a trike, big wheel, balance bike, and yike. They all love the Plasma car. Works great for older kids, but also a great ride on toy for younger ones. Buy a PlasmaCar and forget everything else.
on July 25, 2014
Any one else missing parts? Received our package 3 days ago and started to put together today. Very disappointed in the instruction book because it doesn't list the "nut" and "washer" you need for the steering shaft. The Plasma Car website shows a video "assembly" and they don't even show it there! What's up with that? You have to have the nut and washer for the steering wheel to connect to the bolt. This is a gift for my grandson which is tomorrow now that won't happen. I emailed the company directly because no one answered the 1-877 # so hopefully they will send me those parts. If I can get this resolved I will update this review with better news, but for now I'm not a happy camper.
on December 21, 2015
Rating based on my assembly and preliminary testing before giving to kids. I will post update if there are any issues. I didn't assemble this in 5 min as some of the other reviews suggest but it is fairly quick and easy provided you have the tools and watch the video ahead of time. It is also a quiet assembly so it can be done without waking anyone up.

1. Buy a rubber mallet with the car too if you don't have one!
2. Watch the short video on website before assembling. Good 2 min visual to accompany simple 9 step guidebook.
3. Have tools available for assembly
3a - scissors or knife to cut the string holding parts together (not noted in the directions)
3b - Rubber mallet - (based on other reviews i bought Stansport Rubber Tent Peg Mallet for $5 on AMZN add on when bought the PlasmaCars)
3c - Philips head screwdriver to use with enclosed hex key OR a 17mm socket wrench (for steering assembly)
3d - Flat head screwdriver or butter knife if you mess up installation and need to remove the steering wheel cap (not noted in directions)

4. Assembly Step Tips
4a - Step 1 - I had trouble wiggling these in. Both rear wheels are labeled with R and L and they should flare out from the body. There is a little bump out on the wheel post that fits into a groove as shone in the picture. I had to wiggle back and forth along with using the rubber mallet to get firmly in place

4b. Steps 3-5 - Step 3 - Make sure to remove the foam sheath from the front wheel assembly carefully as you will still need it in step 4. Thread the bare pole through the bottom hole, then reattach the sheath (step 4) before guiding to the top of the body where it will connect with steering.

4c Step 7-8 - Align the steering wheel. Wide part of steering wheel facing forward (i.e. farther away from body if you are sitting on the car) and smaller front wheels which don't touch the ground in the front. When you are tightening the screw in step 8, make sure that both the wide part of steering wheel stays facing forward and that the small wheels stay facing forward. When i assembled, the front little wheels which don't touch the ground got inadvertently turned around without my knowing when i assembled and so the steering was opposite what it was supposed to be. I called customer service and representative suggestion was to send in pictures and a video... I'm not sure how that would've helped me nor did I have time to wait for product support to respond. I was assembling 2 cars so once I did the second car I realized my error and was able to unscrew the steering shaft, realign and re-tighten.

5. Based on other reviews, I did buy Plasma Car Polyurethane Replacement Wheels - Black. I will post separate reviews of the wheels as they were sold by a different provider. They certainly do appear to be noise and scratch resistant compared to the OEM wheels. Note when i called customer service about my steering column issue I did mention the other wheels and representative said they do not recommend doing that unless the wheels come with the unit.
on December 12, 2012
I could not believe that the PlasmaCar could be used by a 3 yrs old and I am a grandma who weighs 128 lbs could be riding it too. My granddaughter love it so much that I bought four more for my other grandkids. It is a good exercise for your waist, shoulder and arms. I got a kicked out of it just riding it around my kitchen I sweat so much and laughing so hard. This start my day of being silly and having a fun day. What an incredible toy for Christmas.
on November 26, 2014
Returned. Did not roll well at all! Very disappointed! My friend's son has an older model and that thing is awesome.....This is a pitiful updated rude on. I read reviews(after purchase,ugh) and saw many say to change the wheels to roller blade wheels. I'm sorry, while that may work great, I'm not paying this much money for something that I have to alter right off the bat to get it functioning properly. My 4 year old was heartbroken! Should've rolled just fine with only him on board and on our laminate flooring...moved at a snail's pace! Save your money!
on March 17, 2016
Bought this when my grandson was 5 years old for Christmas. Was his favorite toy. He's 10 years old now and he still enjoys zooming around the house with this. It was so popular, I even bought a second one for his brother. Great find!